Monarch shipping info for the 7900gt/gtx?

crazynick

Weaksauce
I made this thread because I'm curious to see if anyone got their order shipped out yet. I order mines thursday afternoon and the status still says "Your order has been submitted to the warehouse for processing. Shipping from this point typically takes 1-2 business days after the order has been approved. "

Please let me know your status!

Thanks

I ordered Thursday & paid for overnight shipping. And they didn't ship it Thursday. I assumed they would ship my order same day, since I paid a premium for next day shipping. However, it didn't ship, so Friday afternoon when I still hadn't received any shipping information, I emailed orders@monarch... telling them if they don't ship it today (friday) please cancel my order so I can order it from someone who will ship my card timely. They called me about an hour or 2 later and said I wasn't shipping to my billing address.... blah blah blah... so I told her just to ship it to my billing address..... and it shipped that night. So I will be getting it today. While on the phone she told me about their 1-2 business day policy for processing orders.... and I told her that the new level of service for online orders has really become same day shipping so they need to consider speeding up their service to stay competitive.

Next time I'll probably just stick to Newegg.com, but Monarch's card was like $20 cheaper this time, too much of a difference to ignore.

I find it kind of funny to see many many many bitching about monarch this and monarch that BUT majority still order from them. Do you do this just so you can make a thread about something monarch screwed up ?

I don't order from Monarch, but if no one did, how would we hear about the complaints in the first place? Are you a Monarch employee, 50Stang? You sound like it :p !

Dammit, I don't like the sound of this. I ordered my 7900gt from Monarch on friday night. I had 2 day air and was hoping to get it tomorrow. These guys need to follow Newegg's lead. They ship orders out quickly. But Monarch was a little cheaper, that's why I ordered from them. I guess that's the tradeoff.

50Stang said:
I find it kind of funny to see many many many bitching about monarch this and monarch that BUT majority still order from them. Do you do this just so you can make a thread about something monarch screwed up ?

No, I made this thread because I'm curious of when my card is coming in. My last videocard purchase was a long, long time ago. The best videocard I've owned was a geforce 5700le. Which is why I am so eager to get this badboy installed. I'm not trying to put down monarch or nothing, this is my first purchase with them so I have no idea how long they usually take to ship out their orders. I'm just an eager beaver waiting for my 7900 gt!!

I ordered my cards on Thursday as well (around 11:30 PST). Friday I, saw that the order was updated to wharehouse status but as of yet no shipping info.

GoldenTiger said:
I don't order from Monarch, but if no one did, how would we hear about the complaints in the first place? Are you a Monarch employee, 50Stang? You sound like it :p !

lol, no but I have heard lots of bad things about Monarch on this website and people still order from them! I do not order anything from a company that has screwed me over once and I always look for feedback about the certain company.

Hey I just got my email with my shipment information. Mine will be here on Wednesday. Fear not all, check your inboxes. Well I hope everyone gets theirs in a timely fashion.

i ordered mine sometime on thursday and it came today. supposed to come tomorrow, but there must have been room on the fed ex truck. 2 day shipping was $8-$9. 2 day shipping from newegg, where my other gt superclock is coming from was like $23, so i git the 3 day shipping. here it is with core at default and mem at 1800mhz. cant publish these scores yet.

112181518_4b738f169a_o.jpg

broke 10k with 1 gt. also, i still have the pcie slot set for 8 lanes, i didnt change the 200 jumpers back to make it 16 lanes. see what it will do tomorrow when there are 2 of them.

Wow, Monarch is really catching a lot of flack lately....what's the deal?

Relax guys.
Anyone remember the days of catalog ordering, before the internet? I remember buying memory from Computer Shopper Magazine and waiting two weeks for it.

yes, well times have changed. I also remember having to call to order a catalog and wait for the catalog to come in the mail, etc.... now you just enter your keyword in a search & bam. So change with the times or become extinct.

Anyway, got my card it came with det. 83.91
32,340 on 3dMark2001 - but I can't submit scores... I think its trying to go to madonion.com
23,884 on 3dMark2003 - not futuremark approved
10,314 on 3dmark2005 - not futuremark approved
5,339 on 3dMark2006 - not futuremark approved

from monarch - My 7900gt that I ordered the day it was released was shipped on 3/11. Now my other order that I made a change to (and I ordered a few days before the vid card) still hasn't shipped but is "expected to ship" tomorrow...

That'll ok because SVC just shipped my swifttech apex today (I ordered 4 days ago but they said my card was declined the first time they ran it..)

vanilla_guerilla said:
i ordered mine sometime on thursday and it came today. supposed to come tomorrow, but there must have been room on the fed ex truck. 2 day shipping was $8-$9. 2 day shipping from newegg, where my other gt superclock is coming from was like $23, so i git the 3 day shipping. here it is with core at default and mem at 1800mhz. cant publish these scores yet.

112181518_4b738f169a_o.jpg

broke 10k with 1 gt. also, i still have the pcie slot set for 8 lanes, i didnt change the 200 jumpers back to make it 16 lanes. see what it will do tomorrow when there are 2 of them.

what kind of fps do you get on fear or any other game playing at 1600x1200 with max settings?

J-Mag said:
I ordered my cards on Thursday as well (around 11:30 PST). Friday I, saw that the order was updated to wharehouse status but as of yet no shipping info.

Hey J-Mag, did they ship out your videocard yet? I was told mines is going to ship out today, but I'm a little worried now since it's almost closing time and I'm not getting any replys to the emails that I sent them today to check up on my order status.

crazynick said:
Hey J-Mag, did they ship out your videocard yet? I was told mines is going to ship out today, but I'm a little worried now since it's almost closing time and I'm not getting any replys to the emails that I sent them today to check up on my order status.

Well, I emailed monarch yesterday (after 5pm their time though), with no reply as of yet. Also, I checked my order status just now and I am still in warehouse processing. Technically this is pushing 3-days in the warehouse status...

Personally I think they oversold the cards rapidly and are waiting on new parts to arrive. My reasoning: If demand is high like they say this should inhibit ALL products from shipping. Unless they have some sort of dedicated video card shipping department, but even if that was the case all other video cards should be delayed too.

Oddly I am not really irritated right now, but if my cards are not here by the time Oblivion gets here I will be.

OK now I am irritated :mad:

I received a responce from my email with just the following

"The current ETA on that item is 03/27/06. We apologize for the delay."

As I expected they oversold and lied about it.

I think I'm probably in the same boat. This is the second time I've ordered from Monarch. The first order was alright. If I get the same runaround I'll cancel my order. Which sucks, I was really looking forward to this card for this price.

killxswitch said:
I think I'm probably in the same boat. This is the second time I've ordered from Monarch. The first order was alright. If I get the same runaround I'll cancel my order. Which sucks, I was really looking forward to this card for this price.

The only problem with monarch is they do not set the proper expectations. It isn't their fault that they don't have enough cards... However, they should have just stated that they don't have any and it is on a pre-order basis. I mean they have a computerised order system I assume, and when they get a delivery they know how many cards they get and they can compare it to the number of orders received. It is very uncomplicated for inventory management. Greed prevailed in their case, which is really not shocking.

yeah, they told me there's going to be a delay, this is a bunch of bs... this is my first time doing business with them and it might be my last.

well I canceled my order, so my first time experience with them was not so great. But their communication was great. Whoever is running [email protected] was a deal of help. I placed an order at tigerdirect instead through my account manager. I was able to get the same card, at the same price. I upgraded the shipping to 2-day air so hopefully I won't run into any more delays.

I just got the same 3/27 ETA. GG monarch. I ordered last Thursday. I'm trying to cancel my order too...

This will be my last monarch order...

My 7900 gt from monarch arrived this morning. I'm just waiting for the rest of my computer parts now.

Thanks to all those cancelled orders which is making my shipment arrive all that much quicker :)

skidmarq said:
Thanks to all those cancelled orders which is making my shipment arrive all that much quicker :)

If they're out of stock and expecting a shipment on the 27th, how would having others cancel orders that would be from the same shipment affect you? It's not like they have stock now and are filling backorders... doesn't help you. Waiting that long is pretty silly since newegg has 7900GT's ready to ship within 24-48 hours at low prices right now... I ordered from them for mine and it shipped today early this afternoon even though I ordered it late last night. Why put up with crummy shipping speeds and being lied to about whether they had them in stock or not? Beats me.

Yeah, I was just making a feeble attempt at humor. :p

Luckily for me, I'm not in as big of hurry as the majority of folks here so my XFX 512's can take their time... I do feel bad for the folks who are on pins and needles waiting on their's though...

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my order :(

I ordered Thursday as soon as that Hot Deals thread was made, too. Ah well.

I ordered a 7900GTX on launch day from Monarch and after waiting 4 days I ended up cancelling. After I cancelled from Monarch, I ordered a 7900GTX from Tiger Direct and it\'s already on the way. Monarch still charged my card $571 though and I\'m still waiting on a refund.

Oh well. I hope everyone gets their cards soon. I know I\'m ready to play.

I ordered 2 EVGA 7900GTX late Thursday. The status still shows the sent to warehouse blah blah, but I got an e-mail Monday with FEDEX tracking info. Delivery is due today. This was my first experience with Monarch and I would have liked to have it shipped Friday, but after reading this thread I won't bitch. I only ordered from them because Newegg and ZZF had 1 card limitations and when I looked at Monarch they had the card a bit cheaper ($499) without the limitation.

For all the bitching and complaining I did, I guess I got pretty lucky. Ordered my PNY 7900GTX Thursday morning, shipped Friday night, picked it up from the local FedEx facility Monday afternoon (didn't want to wait until Tuesday to have them deliver it). It's in and so far, I guess it's fine. It runs and all. Haven't really had a chance to play any games with it yet. I've run 3dmark 05 a couple times but not really sure how I'm doing comparatively yet. Waiting for more people with a similar rig as mine (X2 4400, 2gb ram) to post results.

Well, here's my official answer:

"I just got a call from Nvidia and 7900's are shipping from Taiwan today and will be in the us, on Thursday. The partners should have it on Friday or late Thursday. This might kick back the ETA till Wednesday or Thursday. Also the shipments to come will be increasingly more."

I understood the 4-6 day processing time when I ordered, but this is going to be a 10-day minimum not including shipping :( :mad:

RexPokinghorn said:
Well, here's my official answer:

"I just got a call from Nvidia and 7900's are shipping from Taiwan today and will be in the us, on Thursday. The partners should have it on Friday or late Thursday. This might kick back the ETA till Wednesday or Thursday. Also the shipments to come will be increasingly more."

I understood the 4-6 day processing time when I ordered, but this is going to be a 10-day minimum not including shipping :( :mad:

Interesting to note that they didn't mention that they will have them on hand. I wonder if most of these product launches are just drop shipped from distributors like Tech Data and Ingram Micro. Maybe thats the reason why true inventory accounting was not possible...

Has anyone worked for a Monarch, ZZF, NewEgg or the like? Maybe they can shed some insight.

Newegg has their own warehouses as far as I know. Monarch is a small business, not a big company like newegg, so I don't know about them (I think they have one small warehouse). Zipzoomfly is a bunch of scammers as far as I'm concerned.

Did you guys order the 7900gt or the gtx? I just got mine in today as expected, and I ordered mine last friday night. I find it odd that you guys who said you ordered thursday have yet to receive theirs.

Back