Monarch Computer [H]ot|Deals OEM Opteron Results

tsuehpsyde said:
Well, being as they're so close in manufacturing time, I'm fairly sure they'll clock very similar. Who knows, maybe I'm just getting used to toys, but it really doesn't bother me all that much to be honest. The thought of un-mounting my 165 I have now (carefully, since I don't want to chip the core), having to re-build my loop and re-bleed out the air (I have a dual rad that I'd like to add, but I won't put it in until I'm already removing my chip), wait for that, then try to mount the chip to see if it gets a few extra MHz, just doesn't seem worth it, considering I'd be taking the IHS off again, and I'm almost sure they'd do damn near the same, and I don't have to cut the new one open again to find out. And while others may test a chip then claim it's "new", I'm actually selling mine as new.

It's just all around easier to go this way. ;) Perhaps if I had a completely different stepping and I had a bit of a shitty clocker, I'd be itching to pop it in, but as it stands, not really.

Damn, how'd you set up your loop.. when I get a new chip, I just stick the case on the side, take the waterblock off, put new chip in, stand case up

repoman0 said:
Damn, how'd you set up your loop.. when I get a new chip, I just stick the case on the side, take the waterblock off, put new chip in, stand case up

I can do that, but again, if I have to unmount my lidless 165, I'm going to replace my radiator while I'm doing that. I have a dual 120mm radiator to replace my single rad. Once I get a good lidless mount, I don't like messing with it. :)

tsuehpsyde said:
I can do that, but again, if I have to unmount my lidless 165, I'm going to replace my radiator while I'm doing that. I have a dual 120mm radiator to replace my single rad. Once I get a good lidless mount, I don't like messing with it. :)

Ahh that makes sense.. I never did get a good mount on my lidless 0550VPMW, after 8 tries and no more 2.7@stock volts, I gave up and sold it. Still waiting for payment, and it's sitting right here.. maybe I'll try again ;)

Back