Monarch Computer [H]ot|Deals OEM Opteron Results

Elipsn said:
So check this out, I know prime isnt running long enough to prove that its stable, but I have high hopes...tomorrow I find out. Its cooled with a Ninja HSF, the fan being a 120MM silverstone, it sounds like a small turbine engine - I'm fairly sure thats the only reason I'm able to maintain temps on air.

CCB1E 0608MPMW

my.php

How many CFM's does that fan push? This weekend I'm going to install my ninja with a Antec Tricool running on high for 79CFM and only 30dba. I'm glad that my temps should be going down a little bit. I'll be jumping mine up to yours real soon.

Jared

seems this cpu is happy at 1.375 @ 2.8 - 311x9

Prime stable for 9 hours.

Elipsn said:
seems this cpu is happy at 1.375 @ 2.8 - 311x9

Prime stable for 9 hours.

I think mine will be the same, but I'm still him hawing around about taking the cap off. I have my razor blade set to go, I just havn't done it yet. Either way, these steppings are pretty good. :)

tsuehpsyde said:
I think mine will be the same, but I'm still him hawing around about taking the cap off. I have my razor blade set to go, I just havn't done it yet. Either way, these steppings are pretty good. :)

yeah, with water I'd consider it, but no way for me....I just dont think I can get the ninja on there without cracking a core if the cap is off......

None the less, I'm happy, and I'm thinking I might be able to get 2.9 at 1.4v, however, I like the idea of running volts barely above stock.....very nice steppings though, maybe the best 165 steppings so far ;) :D :eek:

Elipsn said:
yeah, with water I'd consider it, but no way for me....I just dont think I can get the ninja on there without cracking a core if the cap is off......

None the less, I'm happy, and I'm thinking I might be able to get 2.9 at 1.4v, however, I like the idea of running volts barely above stock.....very nice steppings though, maybe the best 165 steppings so far ;) :D :eek:

Yeah I agree. I may... put my ninja on later if I have the time. Depends how long my college work takes. :)

Jared

Just make yourselves some rubber pads like the old barton cores have.

Tsue, stop being a ninny and cut that bitch off !
biggrin.gif

Elipsn said:
tsue, cmon, lets see what she'll do!

Testing now, and I have thing to attend to tonight. But, I can give you this....

2800_G.png

Hopin' she holds overnight.

Well what do you think, i got it from MWAVE when the first batch came out last year.

Idle 28C
Overclock284.jpg

Load 35C

Opteron165.jpg

jcll2002 said:
so should i buy the 3 year warranty for $15? What about if i oc?

Overclocking voids the warranty, reguardless of the time you have.

wow thats an awesome overclock on those volts tsue.. get some more updates. that bitch is going to hit 3.3!

Still going....

2800_2.png

Note the half our time difference now, since I played some CS:S last night. :D

jcll2002 said:
whats your mobo? It may turn out that your mobo will limit your oc ;)

DFI UT NF4 SLi-DR, which I've had up to 495MHz HTT for a CPU-Z validation. My motherboard is hardly the limiting factor here. :)

tsuehpsyde said:
DFI UT NF4 SLi-DR, which I've had up to 495MHz HTT for a CPU-Z validation. My motherboard is hardly the limiting factor here. :)

dayyymmmnnnn :D just think if you got up there to 495 with the opty lol...thatd be 4.5ghz :D

I got a 165 from monarch also stepping ccb1e 0606vpmw, priming at 2656 stock vcore, but I'm noticing the same higher temps under water, I may have to pop the top on mine in hte next few days, nice overclock on yours btw, are you gonna go higher or just leave it at 2800?

toddm27 said:
I got a 165 from monarch also stepping ccb1e 0606vpmw, priming at 2656 stock vcore, but I'm noticing the same higher temps under water, I may have to pop the top on mine in hte next few days, nice overclock on yours btw, are you gonna go higher or just leave it at 2800?

Testing 1.4v now, going to see what it takes to get to 3GHz dual prime stable. If it doesn't require too much vcore, that'll be my 24/7 setting. Otherwise, 2.8GHz on stock vcore takes it (which is nice, as the memory on the 133MHz divivder pulls DDR400).

tsuehpsyde said:
Testing 1.4v now, going to see what it takes to get to 3GHz dual prime stable. If it doesn't require too much vcore, that'll be my 24/7 setting. Otherwise, 2.8GHz on stock vcore takes it (which is nice, as the memory on the 133MHz divivder pulls DDR400).

good luck getting to 3 as that's my goal as well, I just replaced a cab2e 0604 opty 146 that did 3 with little excess voltage 1.475 and hoping for the same luck

I'm tempted to finally give in and grab me a 170 soon, but I have a question. Anyone care to input on the quality of the memory controllers on these? My san diego only plays nice up to around 240mhz, so it doesnt make sense to drop my ram to 2.5-3-3-7 to hit that :( I am looking for 270-290mhz, the cpu being the limiting factor since I have some g.skill tccd pc4400. I know memory bandwith doesnt matter too much on a64, but I'm telling you, around 265 or so maintaining 2.5-3-3-x timings, things start to shine (my old winchester could handle 281 and it sure made thigns snappy). Thanks a lot to anyone who can comment on this.

arnemetis said:
I'm tempted to finally give in and grab me a 170 soon, but I have a question. Anyone care to input on the quality of the memory controllers on these? My san diego only plays nice up to around 240mhz, so it doesnt make sense to drop my ram to 2.5-3-3-7 to hit that :( I am looking for 270-290mhz, the cpu being the limiting factor since I have some g.skill tccd pc4400. I know memory bandwith doesnt matter too much on a64, but I'm telling you, around 265 or so maintaining 2.5-3-3-x timings, things start to shine (my old winchester could handle 281 and it sure made thigns snappy). Thanks a lot to anyone who can comment on this.

the mem controllers are rock stable but ur motherboard also plays in effect as well. I wouldn't suggest on a 170 since the 165s are shipping the 0608s atm (great stepping). Well unless you need that 10x multiplier. I guess if your mobo's max fsb isn't great, id go for the 170 as well but if u can do 300+, I would def. grab the 165.

I just ran dual prime for almost 19 hours at 275x9 = 2.5ghz with no problems. This is at stock voltage as well. I will try for more when I get more time.

Jared

this proc will run prime stable with 325htt, i havent pushed it much further of course since my process doesnt benefit and no combo of divider/multiplier seems to get my memory working any better. the reason i considered the 170 was the 10x multi would result in about 2.8ghz max 1:1 with my memory, which seems like a feasable expected maximum. with 9x I could do it with a divider, but the 333 divider on this mobo and bios is a bit odd, of course id have to update to support dual core tho. thanks for the input, i might do it....

styleboy said:
where the hell are the updates tsue?
confused.gif

They're waiting on my fans and Zerex to arrive so I can swap in my daul rad. :D I had 3GHz 11 hours 21 minutes prime stable, then it threw one error @ 1.5v (set in BIOS), then I tried 1.508v (1.45v * 104%) and it failed after 21 minutes. Also, I started priming @ night with 65F ambient, then it probably went closer to 60F overnight, but was 70-75F by morning, and that's what caused the error (I think), since it errored after so short a time the next time. My poor single rad just can't handle it. :( But once I get 3GHz set, I'll be posting it. ;)

That would be sweet, 3ghz is sexy. Hey tsue what else do you have for folding?

styleboy said:
That would be sweet, 3ghz is sexy. Hey tsue what else do you have for folding?

yes, 3GHz is nice as the 150MHz divider will give me DDR500 on the nose. :cool: And I shoul have some gig sticks that do 3-3-3 @ DDR500+, so it'll be a beautiful thing once it's setup. I just need to get a 2nd 7800GTX or sell this one and get a 7900GTX. :D

As for folding, I have more stuff than I can remember, as I have alot of borgs (that are at the whim of the owners), but off the top of my head, the consistent 24/7 folders (some borg some local) that I have are:

Opteron 165 dual folding @ 2.8GHz
Athlon64 X2 3800+ dual folding @ 2.4GHz
Athlon64 X2 4200+ dual folding @ 2.85GHz
AthlonMP 2x2200+'s dual folding @ stock
Pentium4 3.2C folding @ stock
Pentium4 3.0GHz folding @ stock
Pentium4 2.4GHz folding @ stock
Mobile Pentium4 3.06GHz folding @ stock
AthlonXP 2700+ folding @ stock
AthlonXP 2400+ folding @ stock

And a handful of Pentium2 rigs and Pentium2 laptops, a Pentium3 laptop, and a few others @ a friend's dorm. Also, I have 2 Pentium3 rigs that fold, but I turned off to help save the power bill (which amazingly helped), but I'm looking for a home for those to fold. ;)

if i purchase tomorrow, is there a good chance of me getting a good stepping (opty 165)?

jcll2002 said:
if i purchase tomorrow, is there a good chance of me getting a good stepping (opty 165)?

Chances are that: chances. But, in all honesty, ordering sooner rather than later means you have better chances of getting the stepping I got, and what everyone else seems to be getting. Even if you don't get mine, you'll probably get an 0609 FPAW, which seem to be doing about the same as mine, if not a wee bit less. But there are no guarantees, so you never know what you're going to get. I took the dive when I had NO idea of what steppings were being given out, and I just stumbled onto a REALLY good week to do that. :)

For those of you who got the 165 from Monarch, can you post the date of purchase and the actual shipping date?

I purchased mine on 4/2 and it was shipped on 4/4. I was wondering if I'm still getting the great steppings that you guys are getting.

There is really no reason to ask if you think about it. You can't be sure... You will find out when you get it. Thinking about it now isn't going to do anything, but tick you off even more once you get it if it was not what stepping you wanted.

Jared

well my ccb1e 0606vpmw is soaring now that I took off the ihs, before the max it would do was 2610 on stock volts, any increase in voltage and it failed(no matter what speed), now I'm running at 2850 stock vcore prime strong for 3 hours and counting, hopefully it will stabilize at that stock then I'll play for some good numbers 3-3.2 hopefully. it seems alot of these new chips are awesome clockers and quite a few have bad ihs mounts, mine was mounted fine but the compound is hard as a rock, my temps dropped over 15c idle and load. heres a pic of it delidded :p
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4428/s5300037custom0cf.jpg

btw I ordered it on 3/27

Well now you're going to make me prime @ 2850 just to show you I can do it too! :D

Back