Mom & Pop stores to eBay all their PS3s...

MH Knights

Gawd
This article here at Joystiq says many smaller stores are just going to eBay and PS3 systems they get because it is the only way they will make money off of them. I can say from personal experience that the smaller locally stores in my area had no 360s at launch but one did admit that if he did get some he would have scalped them on eBay. Personally I will wait a while before getting a PS3 just like I am waiting a year to buy a 360.

Who could blame them? If they can make more money on E-bay, then theve figured out something useful. It's leagal, and it's hard for small stores to compete with big chains anyhow, so why not let them do what they are able to? I don't personally care for Ebay, so if i want a console I'll end up at a big store anyhow.

If you were a small electronics store and you got 10 consoles (Whether it is 360 or ps3) you'd be absolutely insane to sell them to your walk-in customers for MSRP.

And it'd explain why you're just a "small electronics" store in the first place ;)

MH Knights said:
This article here at Joystiq says many smaller stores are just going to eBay and PS3 systems they get because it is the only way they will make money off of them. I can say from personal experience that the smaller locally stores in my area had no 360s at launch but one did admit that if he did get some he would have scalped them on eBay. Personally I will wait a while before getting a PS3 just like I am waiting a year to buy a 360.

its hard. IF the ps3 does a lot on ebay and IF i have nothing better to do maybe I'll wait in line for a weekend to get one.

But if they are selling for $600 to $700 already I just don't know if the demand wlll like it was for the 360. It might, but maybe not for as long. the price is just so much even for the hardcore ps3 fans. Not to mention the ps3 is ina format war.........to many IF's for my liking I think.

Then again it might come out witha $399 or $499 price tag and then it will be in high demand.....

this ones gonna be interesting.

Back