Molex crimpers

tmoney2007

Weaksauce
I used to work making wire harnesses for computers and servers and we had crimpers that we used for most of the molex pins (power cables and the smaller fan type connectors). They weren't ratcheting, but if there is a source for reasonably priced ratcheting crimpers those will work too.

Can anyone help me find some of these? I'd like to start making custom wire harnesses for my computers and I still remember all the connector and pin part numbers, all I'm missing are some cheap crimpers.

Thanks in advance.

You might also consider punch-down type molex connectors, like these at performance-pcs.com. They require no crimper, and (if you space the connectors out nicely) make the wiring look more organized.

We used those on some stuff and they can definitely make a nice looking setup if you do it right.

They were a pain in the butt when I used them but we may have been using too big a gage wire and our punchdown tools were crap. I always preferred just making them out of double crimp connectors.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

The $25 crimpers are good enough for me if they work for you. I'm not as poor as I used to be, so that may have skewed my perception of expensive, haha.

For another question, does anyone know where I can get some SATA power connectors that aren't the punchdown type?

Last edited:
Back