Modestly overclocked Q9550 - which board?

HOCP4ME

2[H]4U
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while and would like to know what is a good DDR2 mobo for $150 or less to be used with a modestly-overclocked Q9550 and 8GB of RAM. This system is not for gaming but for 3D animation rendering. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ASUS P5Q Pro, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, or Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (like Tobit posted). Those are the top three value P45 boards right now. You won't find anything better below $150.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P is a great board but the only benefits of getting it versus the UD3R version is a second PCIe 2.0 express slot and that Gigabyte releases bios updates for it before the UD3R.

Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while and would like to know what is a good DDR2 mobo for $150 or less to be used with a modestly-overclocked Q9550 and 8GB of RAM. This system is not for gaming but for 3D animation rendering. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

See sig. Absolutely hitch-free to 3400. Just set my voltages instead of auto and boom.

I just bought ASUS P5Q Pro and the Q9550. It was probably the easiest OC (3.4Ghz) i have done yet. I set the vcore to 1.25 and the fsb to 400. thats it. I havent tried reducing the voltage due to time but I will do that soon. I could probably get a higher OC but for now this is more than enough.

I just bought ASUS P5Q Pro and the Q9550. It was probably the easiest OC (3.4Ghz) i have done yet. I set the vcore to 1.25 and the fsb to 400. thats it. I havent tried reducing the voltage due to time but I will do that soon. I could probably get a higher OC but for now this is more than enough.

That's all I did. I wonder if it can be attributed more to the P45 chipset simply placed on a stable board? I want to go higher, but the Freezer isn't very quiet when it ramps up :(

Back