Moderna Coronavirus vaccine sees positive results in phase one trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOOOO 45 people! WOOOOOOOOOO. However you feel about the USA (as a whole and at the top) and its handling of this thing, the media is as always part of the problem. If you don't want people to break out and spread this quit lauding useless results in headlines. I have felt Fauci has been good for you, but when its his lab that is coming out with this of course he's positive about the results. But 45 people come on. As pointed out before, HIV vaccines have had successful Phase 1 trials.

Just shut up about it and try to keep your public following reasonable guidelines.

Phase one is nothing.
Wake me up when Phase three is looking good.

Phase one and two's are filled with the remains of failed vaccines.

WOOOOOO 45 people! WOOOOOOOOOO. However you feel about the USA (as a whole and at the top) and its handling of this thing, the media is as always part of the problem. If you don't want people to break out and spread this quit lauding useless results in headlines. I have felt Fauci has been good for you, but when its his lab that is coming out with this of course he's positive about the results. But 45 people come on. As pointed out before, HIV vaccines have had successful Phase 1 trials.

Just shut up about it and try to keep your public following reasonable guidelines.
IF all 45 have neutralizing antibodies, it's significant, because, as I recall, the phase 1 trial only had 45 people. I'm a bit confused about phase 2, since I saw an article that they were just starting Phase 2 earlier this month, but they're also starting phase 3 on 7/27.

That said, aside from being sure that it works and without significant side effects, there's also the issue that there's currently evidence that the immunity one gets after getting Covid is shortlived. There are people in the USA who had it in march or April that have it again. If that's the norm, then one has to wonder if there's a way to get permanent immunity (or even immunity that lasts an entire year). I hope that's not true, because we're going to have a fuckton of deaths if that's the case and the recovery of the world economy will take much longer. But we'll probably know in about a year (I don't buy that we're going to know at year end. You can't know if there are side effects or if it's going to last 5 months after phase 3 started.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've found virtually all of the rosier predictions have been proven wrong. I still get a kick out of all the people who swore we'd have concerts in the fall, even though execs at some of the largest promoters have said they don't expect any major concert tours/fests until either late next year or even 2022 (a lolapalooza founder said the later this week or last).

For now, I just stay as safe as possible and hope there's either a reliable treatment or vaccine. But it'd be nice to have movies, concerts and other social things again.

A local government can use eminent domain to take (with proper compensation which isn't always fair) someone's house if it means allowing a PRIVATE entity to develop the area in such a way that makes the locality an overall improvement. Yet here we have property... some patent... and it could possibly help the locality by allowing some other private entity to use it... yeah fuck this country and it's patent system.

I want this shit behind us before the citizenry becomes any more spoiled. This whole thing has been a utopia for many: losers who were already shut-ins getting paid more than they ever have for sitting on their asses.

If you mean Hydroxychloroquine, only one study shows it works. The rest conclude it does more harm than good. That said, there is a cheap steroid, that studies show works about 1/3 of the time. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...rst-drug-shown-reduce-death-covid-19-patients.
Studies so real they have to be retracted cause the biggest one was more bullshit than science?

Chinavirus is like climate-science

fucking religion.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

2005 study.

Before it could be politicized.

Last edited:
"First Phase 3 clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine in the United States begins" -- https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/health/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-begins-moderna-phase-3/index.html

Moderna's phase 2 trials haven't finished, though. They're trying to be the first to have a vaccine ready and got permission from the FDA to conduct parallel phase trials rather than sequential trials for that purpose. Their first trial phase was phase 1 / 2a, and their current trial phase is phase 2b / 3.

I think Russia was the first country to complete phase 1 trials. And that might have something to do with the (frankly, non-credible) claims that Russia was hacking US, UK, and Canadian covid-19 research material: Search engines featured titles like these:

Business Insider: Russia claims world’s first covid-19 vaccine after successful clinical trials
The Economic Times: Russia first nation to finish human trials for Covid vaccine
Reuters: Russia may start Phase III trial of COVID-19 vaccine in mid-August
Tech Times: Is the Race for Word's First COVID-19 Vaccine Over? Russia Announced Completion of Clinical Trials
Newsweek: Russia Coronavirus Vaccine Could Be Distributed Next Month
Forbes: Russia Completes Early Phase Human Trials Of Covid-19 Vaccine

And then a few days later search engine's were flooded with non-evidenced and illogical claims of Russia hacking other countries' data - data Russia already has access to, anyway, under an agreement to manufacture AstraZenica's drug. Plus, by that time, it would have no longer been possible for a country to commence new trials on a new vaccine and have it complete tests in-time to get to market before many other vaccines completed their own tests and were widely available. And a vaccine based on other people's research would likely be identifiable as such and so non-marketable to the world, anyway. Not to mention that the "almost-certainly" Russia accusation is another case of 'highly likely' (which has a track-record of meaning 'it wasn't') and ignores the challenges of hack-attribution.

Last edited:
Studies so real they have to be retracted cause the biggest one was more bullshit than science?

fucking religion.

2005 study.

This is a strange disease where 1 drug alone doesn't work by itself. We need a cocktail of drugs & the content of the cocktail also changes by the timing of the intervention.

Hydroxychloroquine is an entry inhibitor that could work early on but needs to be administered along with other kinds of drugs which have different mechanisms such as Doxycycline or Azithromycin

Likewise in Iran a study found success with combination of Hydroxychloroquine with Bromhexine

In US independent studies have been very difficult to initiate as opposed to pharma backed studies. For ex. Dipyridamole a very promising drug got very few enrollments because it is not backed by any pharma.

Whereas other countries have managed successful trials for cheap drugs such as Dexamethasone in Uk & Colchicine in Greece

As of now the most promising/affordable treatment in horizon seems to be nebulized/inhaled interferons. Already a british pharma has done a study on it. It is only a matter of time before US pharma catches on to this

Theoretically speaking, In Silico models, highlight Niclosamide as a drug with huge promise. But the bio-availability of Niclosamide is very poor. That is a challenge that has to be overcome.

All of the above are cheap drugs too like dexamethasone/methylprednisolone

Fingers crossed that we will soon (by the end of the year??) have affordable alternatives to Remdesivir & Tocilizumab

Hydroxychloroquine is an entry inhibitor that could work early on but needs to be administered along with other kinds of drugs which have different mechanisms such as Doxycycline or Azithromycin

Hydroxychloroquine was unfortunately politicized which is awful. According to the media taking the drug will kill you. As opposed to last year, when it was readily used across the world.

This is a strange disease where 1 drug alone doesn't work by itself. We need a cocktail of drugs & the content of the cocktail also changes by the timing of the intervention.

Likewise in Iran a study found success with combination of Hydroxychloroquine with Bromhexine

In US independent studies have been very difficult to initiate as opposed to pharma backed studies. For ex. Dipyridamole a very promising drug got very few enrollments because it is not backed by any pharma.

Whereas other countries have managed successful trials for cheap drugs such as Dexamethasone in Uk & Colchicine in Greece

As of now the most promising/affordable treatment in horizon seems to be nebulized/inhaled interferons. Already a british pharma has done a study on it. It is only a matter of time before US pharma catches on to this

Theoretically speaking, In Silico models, highlight Niclosamide as a drug with huge promise. But the bio-availability of Niclosamide is very poor. That is a challenge that has to be overcome.

All of the above are cheap drugs too like dexamethasone/methylprednisolone

Fingers crossed that we will soon (by the end of the year??) have affordable alternatives to Remdesivir & Tocilizumab
Hydroxychloroquine was banned by governors because it was politicized not because it didn't work.

Doctors can lose their licenses if they prescribe it.

No pharma company is going to conclude an off patent drug which anyone can make is better than their patented drug.

Hydroxychloroquine was unfortunately politicized which is awful. According to the media taking the drug will kill you. As opposed to last year, when it was readily used across the world.

Its inconvenient to Fauci and Gates attempt at making billions of a vax. Its a real thorn in the side of globalism that roars to centralize all countries under despotic central rule

fucking religion.

2005 study.

Just when I thought I had read the dumbest thing on the internet ... this gem pops up. It is amazing how certain countries turn public health issues into political ones. Sad really. Good luck with all that .

Just when I thought I had read the dumbest thing on the internet ... this gem pops up. It is amazing how certain countries turn public health issues into political ones. Sad really. Good luck with all that .
You think it's dumb when a "study" that was used as an excuse to stop all trial use of a life saving drug that resulted in people dying was all made up and later retracted because it was made up out of thin air?

That's not dumb it's borderline fucking criminal.

fucking religion.

2005 study.

You do realize that's a different strain right? And that drugs effect strains differently. So while that study is before things got politicized, it might ultimately be irrelevant to the current strain.

You do realize that's a different strain right? And that drugs effect strains differently. So while that study is before things got politicized, it might ultimately be irrelevant to the current strain.

80 percent the same

80 percent the same
Doesn't matter if they're 99% identical. For example, in TB the majority of drug resistances between strains come from single nucleotide polymorphisms. And those are for drugs where we actually know the mechanism of action, which in the case of the paper you provided remains unclear for SARS-COV1 and chloroquine.

Doesn't matter if they're 99% identical. For example, in TB the majority of drug resistances between strains come from single nucleotide polymorphisms. And those are for drugs where we actually know the mechanism of action, which in the case of the paper you provided remains unclear for SARS-COV1 and chloroquine.
It actually does because it infects humans the same way.

n one study, Business Insider reports that a team of scientists from the Wuhan Institute of Virology observed samples of the virus from seven patients who appeared to have “severe pneumonia.” Six of these patients worked at the Huanan seafood market in Wuhan where experts believe the outbreak started.

After analyses, approximately 70 percent of the samples were “nearly identical” to each other. Their genetic sequence was even more similar to SARS, boasting a 79.5 percent similarity.

A second study conducted by researchers from Fudan University in Shanghai and the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention examined a single person: a 41-year-old man who worked at the same seafood market.

The patient, who exhibited similar respiratory symptoms and a fever, was determined to be infected with a virus that was 89 percent similar to a group of “SARS-like coronaviruses” known as betacoronaviruses, previously identified in bats.

These similarities led researchers to find that the Wuhan coronavirus and SARS bind to human cells the same way, latching on to the same cellular receptor, ACE2, that exists in human lungs.

While similarities seen in fatal viruses may not be good news, it implies that treatments that worked for SARS patients may work for Wuhan coronavirus patients.

A vaccine is reportedly in development but has not yet been approved or released. In the meantime, the study authors suggest that antibodies produced by patients already infected with the coronavirus could be used “to neutralize the virus,” per Business Insider.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...5-the-coronaviruss-genetic-code-is-80-percent

Don't bother explaining. It goes like this:

Donny defenders: HCQ cures COVID 100%. President said so.
Study 1: HCQ does not work.
Donny defenders: You just need to add azithromycin!
Study 2 and Study 3: Nope, does not work.
Donny defenders: Add Zinc! Zinc solves everything!
Study 4: Nope, still nothing.
Donny defenders: You're using wrong dozing. Too much HCQ does not work.
Study 5, 6, 7: 3 different lower dosages do no work either.
Donny defenders: You're using it on very sick people, of course it does not work. Need to use it preventively.
Study 8, 9: Still nope. People who take it for lupus/malaria still get sick with COVID-19. Does not work for healthy people either.
Donny defenders: BiG FARma HIdiNg TeH TRuTH!

Outside of whether it works or not, we have the narrative that it's a dangerous drug with side effects that will kill you:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

This was readily prescribed worldwide last year. Now this year it will kill you? There is most certainly some politics involved.

It actually does because it infects humans the same.
Again, same thing is true for almost all other drug resistance strains of a given disease. But the way the drugs work (or dont work) changes. Just because it infects humans the same way doesn't mean it'll respond the same way to the same compounds. Even that article you just posted says they may not be able to be treated the same.

Also i feel the need to point out there's a difference between similarly and identity from a genetic standpoint. And that difference can be quite critical.

Again, same thing is true for almost all other drug resistance strains of a given disease. But the way the drugs work (or dont work) changes. Just because it infects humans the same way doesn't mean it'll respond the same way to the same compounds. Even that article you just posted says they may not be able to be treated the same.

Also i feel the need to point out there's a difference between similarly and identity from a genetic standpoint. And that difference can be quite critical.
But it does work and it's censored by big tech.

narrative and all that.

They are still taking down videos of doctors telling people it works that they've used it and that people are fine.

They are still taking down videos of doctors telling people it works that they've used it and that people are fine.

Why would you take advice from a crazy Nigerian pediatrician/preacher who believes aliens DNA is used to create vaccines?

Why would you take advice from a crazy Nigerian pediatrician/preacher who believes aliens DNA is used to create vaccines?
Because she's treated people with it and it has worked?

Who cares about her beliefs?

Why ban a drug that has been on the list of essential drugs for over 100 years?

Who cares about her beliefs?

Why ban a drug that has been on the list of essential drugs for over 100 years?
How exactly does she know it was the drug that caused patients to get better? If only there were a process to determine that....

Also, pretty sure no doctors have been banned from prescribing it.

I've treated 1000 people for COVID with urine and it worked. Why don't you believe me?

350 people cured with 100% success rate deserves a Nobel prize in medicine.

I didn't say that, what post are you quoting?
I was talking about the video of a press conference of people in white coats on the steps of supreme court paid by Tea Party patriots claiming the government is hiding the covid cure and that we do not need wear masks. One of the people in white coats was a crazy lady preacher. The video gets removed by most of the platforms.

Don't bother explaining. It goes like this:

Donny defenders: HCQ cures COVID 100%. President said so.
Study 1: HCQ does not work.
Donny defenders: You just need to add azithromycin!
Study 2 and Study 3: Nope, does not work.
Donny defenders: Add Zinc! Zinc solves everything!
Study 4: Nope, still nothing.
Donny defenders: You're using wrong dozing. Too much HCQ does not work.
Study 5, 6, 7: 3 different lower dosages do no work either.
Donny defenders: You're using it on very sick people, of course it does not work. Need to use it preventively.
Study 8, 9: Still nope. People who take it for lupus/malaria still get sick with COVID-19. Does not work for healthy people either.
Donny defenders: BiG FARma HIdiNg TeH TRuTH!
Whatever POTUS says, needs to be defended to the death. At least until he changes his mind.

There are actual randomized, double blind, placebo controlled studies out there now on HCQ. For instance:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

If the president was concerned about the actual truth rather than defending some statement he made 3 months ago he would retweet this instead of some no-name doctor who holds some very questionable beliefs just because he likes what she says.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back