Modern Warfare 3 Trailer

I think the trial for Activision and the former heads of Infinity Ward started yesterday.

I see were still building on four year old technology. Awesome, I'm sure the lack of innovation will sell quite well, again.

haters gonna hate. why even bash it, your not going to buy it. you jelly that it will out sell every other game this year?

They claimed it was an 'improved' engine. I mean, wow.... they can take like, the ORIGINAL engine, and combine it with the PATCHES they released for their previous games and BAM! Call it improved! Marketspeak ftw! Watch them lap it up.

I think that they will have to really really fuck up to lose fans as they are almost as much as a cult as apple fanbois are.

They claimed it was an 'improved' engine. I mean, wow.... they can take like, the ORIGINAL engine, and combine it with the PATCHES they released for their previous games and BAM! Call it improved! Marketspeak ftw! Watch them lap it up.

I think that they will have to really really fuck up to lose fans as they are almost as much as a cult as apple fanbois are.

I don't care. It's the best.

Only one of the above two statements is false. :D

I just checked WikiPedia because of some of your comments and found out that IS has been using the same engine, with modifications mind you, since Call of Duty 2. :eek:

I just checked WikiPedia because of some of your comments and found out that IS has been using the same engine, with modifications mind you, since Call of Duty 2. :eek:

i did the same before i posted. it is based off of id tech 3.

I got bored and stopped watching the trailer before it finished

I don't care what other people think of this game; at this point everyone should be able to recognize it for what it is - a cash grab.

Now the seventh Call of Duty title with the same antiquated engine. No thanks.

Actually 8.

1. Call of Duty
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty 3
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
5. Call of Duty: World at War
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Technically the same engine as Call of Duty 2, but I haven't seen any improvements to it since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. So it will now be 5 games on the same tech.

Actually 8.

1. Call of Duty
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty 3

Technically the same engine as Call of Duty 2, but I haven't seen any improvements to it since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. So it will now be 5 games on the same tech.
You forgot Call of Duty: United Offense

I'll still buy it... on sale, eventually, for console.

I won't be playing multiplayer... I won't be buying any of the $15 crap packs...
I'm probably the only soul in the universe who enjoys the SP campaign in them.

For everything else it'll be BF3 on PC.

Sigh

This game looks like utter shit. I'm saddened by the fact it's going to be a blockbuster megasales game that will eclipse BF3.

This is on the same engine as all the previous games isn't it. Talk about long in the tooth.

No different than Valve using Source from HL2 to present. At this point, I don't really feel this and BF3 are competing for the same crowd.

looked awesome to me :confused:

then again, i just play games to fill in time and have fun, i dont give two shits what engine its running :rolleyes:

I'll still buy it... on sale, eventually, for console.

I won't be playing multiplayer... I won't be buying any of the $15 crap packs...
I'm probably the only soul in the universe who enjoys the SP campaign in them.

For everything else it'll be BF3 on PC.

I enjoy the single player campaign as well. As seen in the trailer, it looks exciting.

But it'll be a bargain bin purchase in the distant future. I wouldn't pay full price for anything of the CoD franchise.

Actually 8.

1. Call of Duty
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty 3

Seriously?

To me MW2 looked significantly better than the original MW on 360, though I haven't seen much of BO to comment on that. MW2 looked downright good on Xbox 360 @ 1080 x 1050 over VGA, IMO at least...

As good as BF3 looks I will still probably play MW3 over it. I bet if you compare the gameplay from BF2 to BF3 when it comes out the gameplay from BF3 will be closer to COD gameplay. Just remember when BF2 came out everyone said THAT would be the COD killer... just like Homefront, Medal of Honor, etc. All the other "modern" shooters are just trying to mimic COD's success...

I'll believe it when I see it. I love the Call of Duty games, especially the Modern Warfare series, so I'm actually excited for this. I'm getting tired of Black Ops because Treyarch sucks.

Actually 8.

1. Call of Duty
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty 3

Could you get your facts straight please? WaW and BO use a completely different engine, because they aren't allowed to us the IW engine. Hence its got more gore and also its play style/graphic style is quite different. Btw cod waw looked way better compared to mw1 or even 2 IMO.

And lulz, 3 had the same engine too? That's why everything was extremely shiny compared to all the others.

Game looks quite fun, but wont be preording, gonna wait and see how it is first, maybe day 1 or 2 purchase for me. I still enjoy cod playstyle over bf playstyle most days.

As good as BF3 looks I will still probably play MW3 over it. I bet if you compare the gameplay from BF2 to BF3 when it comes out the gameplay from BF3 will be closer to COD gameplay. Just remember when BF2 came out everyone said THAT would be the COD killer... just like Homefront, Medal of Honor, etc. All the other "modern" shooters are just trying to mimic COD's success...

I love signing in just to reply to uneducated comments like this.

Let me give you a timeline:

BF2 - June 2005
COD4:MW - Nov 2007

Nobody said BF2 would be a COD killer because there was no COD to kill yet.
To clarify, Call of Duty was mildly popular. Call of Duty 2 was somewhat more popular than 1. Call of Duty:OU expansion about the same. Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch) was not as popular as 2. The game that made COD into a wildly popular massive selling game was Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare.

And for this thread....I have to agree, the engine is dated. Trailer action isn't bad but so much of that is scripted and the explosions are terrible. I would consider buying this for the SP only, but given the crap that MW2 was I don't have much faith.

Seriously?

To me MW2 looked significantly better than the original MW on 360, though I haven't seen much of BO to comment on that. MW2 looked downright good on Xbox 360 @ 1080 x 1050 over VGA, IMO at least...

the game runs at 1024 x 600 on the consoles. i bet mw3 will be the same 1024 x 600. if that is good to you, great.

Honestly, I think it looks pretty friggin' epic. IMHO... I guess the one thing about having low standards is I am pretty satisfied most of the time...huh. Game play really could suck, epic trailer though.

Back