Modern Warfare 3 General Discussion

They have added/ changed some of the multiplier game types such as confirmed kill & domination (which don't suit campers) and the gameplay is faster). Then there's the lobby system works much better/ quicker finding a nearly full server, they do have to fix shit machines/ connection hosting a game tho.

Also there's some really good special ops missions (toxic paradise is a much better boss level than the final level), these are far more strategic than the SP mode.

Between the above I don't think I will get bored too quickly (I spent over 200 hours in black ops). I don't regret paying £40
trust me change the setting i said, and watch those textures look alot crisper..
Nice find, much better!

They have added/ changed some of the multiplier game types such as confirmed kill & domination (which don't suit campers) and the gameplay is faster). Then there's the lobby system works much better/ quicker finding a nearly full server, they do have to fix shit machines/ connection hosting a game tho.

Also there's some really good special ops missions (toxic paradise is a much better boss level than the final level), these are far more strategic than the SP mode.

Between the above I don't think I will get bored too quickly (I spent over 200 hours in black ops). I don't regret paying £40
Nice find, much better!

Has nothing to do with shit machines/connection. Most servers are on a quality server in a datacenter. MW3 Dedicated server is 15GB PER SERVER. There are more bugs in this then the actual game. Here is the one were currently having.
insufficient upstream bandwidth 0 kbps for 18 clients. Minimum 566 kbps required.

They need to fix their shit code as our dual gigabit pisses 566kbps.

Well after applying the fixes mentioned here ie: GPU and Native and using widescreen fixer the games graphics improved greatly. Of course I am running dual 5850 in eyefinity 6048x1080 so I dont think that says much about the graphics in this game. Also disappointing that I have to tweak, run 3rd party app, to get decent graphics. Should all be standard by now.

From what i've been reading, UDS means you get a generic layout for the classes, and you're stuck with that.

If you want unlocks and fully customizable layouts, you have to play on their proprietary servers, which of course, utilize shitty P2P and host migration.

Nobody here has refuted this, so it appears your information is probably correct.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212246p1.html

*sigh* Consumers have voted with their wallets in a very real way. Apparently we want $60 map packs more than anything else.

This just makes me sad. Admittedly, I did not pick up MW3, but I played a lot of MW and MW2. Same thing, right? BF3's execution matched it's insane ambition, resulting in a vastly superior product in my humble opinion.

I was playing last night, still having my mind blown by the graphics. On top of the usual infantry combat, the Jet dogfights are the most fun I've had since X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. But no, apparently consumers don't care. We want same 'ol same 'ol.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212246p1.html

*sigh* Consumers have voted with their wallets in a very real way. Apparently we want $60 map packs more than anything else.

This just makes me sad. Admittedly, I did not pick up MW3, but I played a lot of MW and MW2. Same thing, right? BF3's execution matched it's insane ambition, resulting in a vastly superior product in my humble opinion.

I was playing last night, still having my mind blown by the graphics. On top of the usual infantry combat, the Jet dogfights are the most fun I've had since X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. But no, apparently consumers don't care. We want same 'ol same 'ol.
I have the sneaking suspicion that Activision makes this shit up.

I must admit to being curious about buying/playing - every now and then some mindless run and gun gaming can be fun.

However I'm loving BF3 -- I have neglected Forza4 (the only console game I play) and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Saint's Row The Third when it hits. Even though I probably won't have enough time to play it a ton, I still think I'll pick it up if I can score it for the 39.99 via amazon.

Unless I could score a copy for 30 or 35 dollars MW3 just has no place in my game library. Not with all the other awesome things I have to play.

Anyone else notice that "Back on the Grid" is pretty much "Blackout" from COD4? They just changed the location, the background and story is different, but layout is very similar and they added some elements.

Dang, I was so excited to find how to enable dedicated servers, but then there is no one playing on them. ><

Dang, I was so excited to find how to enable dedicated servers, but then there is no one playing on them. ><

Sounds like they made them unranked on purpose so they can say,"Hey, look, nobody wants to play on them after all!!!" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mw3y.jpg

MW3 Configuration Utility - Steam Users' Forums

Just because I didn't see a discussion thread in the console forum (and because I would have played it on PC if I could have rented it for PC):

Rented MW3 for 360 to play SP on my day off yesterday (I lost interest in CoD MP after the MW2 pc debacle). I finished the campaign, on normal, in 5hrs 4 min.

I don't know why I expected any different, really. CoD4 took about 8 hrs on normal; MW2 was 6.5 hrs. Only figures that this one would be even shorter.

On the bright side, it was worth the $2.14 rental fee to see how the story wrapped up and it even had one decent moment that I found different and new from the others (even if it only lasted for 45 seconds).

Just because I didn't see a discussion thread in the console forum (and because I would have played it on PC if I could have rented it for PC):

Rented MW3 for 360 to play SP on my day off yesterday (I lost interest in CoD MP after the MW2 pc debacle). I finished the campaign, on normal, in 5hrs 4 min.

I don't know why I expected any different, really. CoD4 took about 8 hrs on normal; MW2 was 6.5 hrs. Only figures that this one would be even shorter.

On the bright side, it was worth the $2.14 rental fee to see how the story wrapped up and it even had one decent moment that I found different and new from the others (even if it only lasted for 45 seconds).
This seems to be the norm for pretty much all FPS. COD isn't alone on this one.

This seems to be the norm for pretty much all FPS. COD isn't alone on this one.

I know. Unless the primary focus is on SP (a la Dead Space), developers just seem to short-change that side of it.

From a business standpoint I don't blame them. If they're making the money on MP I understand why they don't devote as much time to SP. It's just disappointing for me in the minority, who often enjoys playing through a good story over the MP offerings.

It's also nice to have a game that has a nice, long, exciting SP mode so when I get tired of getting shot to hell in MP, I can go and feel like a badass against AI.

Last edited:
Nobody here has refuted this, so it appears your information is probably correct.

Didn't see anyone refute this yet (Dedicated servers not having unlockable classes) so...refuted.

see: http://sledgehammergames.com/blog/view/98

The only thing dedicated servers cant do is unlock things. They can allow ones you already unlocked, change the default classes to whatever, and allow/deny individual weapons and perks.

Last edited:
So yeah, the 1-2 player only survival mode is ruining the game for my friends and I, sucks having to have a friend sit out while your playing and I can see even the stock survival mode working with 4 people seeing with 2 we make it maybe 2-3 higher then we would on our own.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150456621335421.423490.726245420&type=1

So had a Veteran's Day MW3 marathon. We had a good time, played online and did survival mode. No dedicated servers hurt, we joined more people online from my clan and then started running into real douches we couldn't escape (kids, hackers and rampant profanity/racist slurs), really missing being able to admin a server. After that we did survival mode and this is where we had the most fun, the only real downer was that it was only 2 players (how the hell are we taking steps back from ZOMBIE MODE to this), the having a person sit out for the hour or so that the other two were playing killed that. All and all, it is a fun game, but the killer is in the details (p2p and 2 player only survival).

Does anyone else find themselves switching over to normal mode? I have spent nearly all 500hrs of my time playing HC in MW2, but HC for MW3 just doesn't seem the same for some reason and I'm not exactly sure why...

Does anyone else find themselves switching over to normal mode? I have spent nearly all 500hrs of my time playing HC in MW2, but HC for MW3 just doesn't seem the same for some reason and I'm not exactly sure why...

Nope, I went Hardcore as soon as I leveled up to it and have played it since.
Normal seems to take almost an entire clip to kill someone.

So can anyone who has the game tell me if MW3 has good old fashion LAN play? One where you can be a listen server? Basically setup a LAN game in the menu and host the game from your MW3 client locally?
thanks

My friend is running a dedicated server on his PC, then he joins it using the LAN option in the game browser.

Been playing a relative's copy borrowed on PS3, so far there is not much to distinguish this iteration from the two previous games.

Four hour SP campaign...recycled engine...recycled art assets...recycled sounds...a sprinkling of new MP maps...not too long ago that used to be called an expansion pack. In fact CoD UO was more deserving of the moniker "expansion pack" as it had a campaign twice as long and attempted to introduce some fresh gameplay mechanics into the MP.

Its depressing how much money Activision is making from so little effort.

I absolutely love SP... it took me about 8 hours to finish the campaign. The missions in plane, or sneaking through Prague in middle of storm were great. Same was the general combat experience. I had much more fun then during BF3 single player.

The only gripe I had with ghosting of crosshair in 3D Vision mode, though I forced one of NVIIDIA crosshairs and all was fixed.

Do you find much benefit in playing it in 3d? I'm thinking of getting a 3d tv.

Saying that it's already real enough. My mind was going through combat MW3 in my dreams.

because FPS's are meant to be multiplayer games. doesn't matter if its COD or BF or any other FPS. the only use for the single player is to learn the weapons and basic tactics that's it. the games that typically have good single players have absolutely garbage multiplayer.

because FPS's are meant to be multiplayer games. doesn't matter if its COD or BF or any other FPS. the only use for the single player is to learn the weapons and basic tactics that's it. the games that typically have good single players have absolutely garbage multiplayer.

Overgeneralise much? One has nothing to do with the other, and the fact that there have games been in the past with both phenomenal SP and MP (e.g. CoD 1, CoD UO, CoD 4, MoH AA, SOF 1 & 2, Wolfenstein, Operation Flashpoint, etc) demonstrates that SP can be a core and engaging aspect of any FPS if a developer puts in the effort.

I don't play the single player because it's lonely not because it sucks. Multiplayer is the social part of gaming where as single is just that - by yourself.

Back