Modern Warfare 2 PC is $60

Delete

while ill be enjoying the game, you can sit at home complaining about how you wont pay 10 more dollars for a game that will provide hours upon hours of entertainment. $10 is 1 meal @ mcdonalds for 2 people, its 2 lattes @ starbucks, 3/5's of a pizza from pizza hut.

yawn

You can get 10 99 cent del taco burritos or 99 cent burgers some place or 20 jack in the box tacos with that ;)

Delete

while ill be enjoying the game, you can sit at home complaining about how you wont pay 10 more dollars for a game that will provide hours upon hours of entertainment. $10 is 1 meal @ mcdonalds for 2 people, its 2 lattes @ starbucks, 3/5's of a pizza from pizza hut.

yawn

Its not just about the fact that you can afford it, its that theyre gonna keep raising the price of games if we keep buying at that price, you may be rich, but some of us arent, and if things keep going the way there going, would u be willing to pay 100$ a sequel?

Its not just about the fact that you can afford it, its that theyre gonna keep raising the price of games if we keep buying at that price, you may be rich, but some of us arent, and if things keep going the way there going, would u be willing to pay 100$ a sequel?

Are you unaware of how inflation works. That would be like you getting pissed because you cant still get a coke for a nickel, or complain about how it is unfair that cars do not still cost $300 as the cars were priced at the beginning of the 20's. Not to mention the fact that games that support the extensive technology of today cost far more to make than they used to. It is a little silly to bitch about 10 extra dollars for a game.

Learn some basic economics

Are you unaware of how inflation works. That would be like you getting pissed because you cant still get a coke for a nickel, or complain about how it is unfair that cars do not still cost $300 as the cars were priced at the beginning of the 20's. Not to mention the fact that games that support the extensive technology of today cost far more to make than they used to. It is a little silly to bitch about 10 extra dollars for a game.

Except every other PC game costs $50. Who cares? COD4 multiplayer sucked.

It sucks that the game went up but really, the CoD series is just a great old school shooter. It's a great game and I have no problem paying the new price. I wish it weren't this way but if I make the conscious decision to buy the game I can't honestly say they are gouging me, I don’t HAVE to buy the game.

It was only a matter of time before publishers started charging console-prices for PC games. I fully expect this to continue.

Delete

yawn

You play while I sit at home playing good games that haven't completely fucked the FPS genre.

you might want to learn some basic economics as well.. since the arguement you used is mute.. while the cost of everything has gone up eg. cars, soda, gas.. the daily income/cost of living has gone up as well. thus while the prices went up people got paid more.. now its going the opposite direction.. while inflation has caused prices to go up the pay has not and in most places it has gone down.. though use inflation lightly since there really hasnt been much inflation across the entire market.. its mostly just companies trying to milk products for an extra dime..

but to also add to that.. complaining about 10 dollars more is truly a waste of time since the fact is while games release prices have gone up.. they have also dropped much quicker.. most games start losing their value on the shelf within a month if not less. ive seen some games go up for 50 bucks the first day its released and before its even been on the shelf for 30 days the price has already been slashed in half.. hell when microsoft fight sim X came out it was 60+ dollars.. 2 months after it was released i bought it from costco for 19.99 with 2 of the expansions included..

hell when microsoft fight sim X came out it was 60+ dollars.. 2 months after it was released i bought it from costco for 19.99 with 2 of the expansions included..

Well considering the expansion for FSX didn't come out until a year after FSX was released, and there is only 1 expansion, I'd say this isn't entirely true.

I get your point though that PC games generally fall in price quicker than their console counterparts, unless the game is complete crap than they both fall in price rather quickly.

They want your money. They want to buy fancy cars and nice homes so you need to pay for this. They give you a fake world to kill people in and now they expect you to lavish them with gifts. So pay the 50 or 60 and be greatful you aren't thrown in jail for murdering a 100 people a nite.

They want your money. They want to buy fancy cars and nice homes so you need to pay for this. They give you a fake world to kill people in and now they expect you to lavish them with gifts. So pay the 50 or 60 and be greatful you aren't thrown in jail for murdering a 100 people a nite.

I thought we were paying for their baby formula and other things because they are so hard-done-by from piracy because Mr Cliffy in his Lamborghini said so. :p

I won't pay $60. I get why some of you will but I'm not going to support this. If the game sells well at $60 every game will subsequently launch at $60. It might just be $10 now but if you paid $10 more for every game you own you might start to bitch when you break $100.

If some place has it at launch for what normal games cost I'll think about it. I'm afraid that the multiplayer will be worse than CoD:4. Grenades, air strikes and helicopters ruined that game. Not to mention Martyrdom.

Are you aware that the Ceo of Activision wants to raise prices even further? Its all over the net.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26988943

http://www.edge-online.com/news/activision-ceo-would-like-to-raise-game-prices-even-further

Who cares. I loved MW so much, I'll pay $60 for MW2 without thinking twice. Considering I'm spending $500 in hardware upgraded in preparation for it. So $60 is nothing.

Inflation arguement is ridiculous because 16% inflation does not happen in less than two years, I would gladly pay 51.50 to meet inflation for the game, but not 60. Second the PC games prices drop like stones argument doesn't work either because, you are talking about a complete niche game, Flight simulator, and COD4 is still 50 bucks across the board 2 years later. PC games should be cheaper because they're aren't the same licensing fees on PC as PS3 and 360, for every PS3 or 360 game sold Sony or microsoft get a cut, PC this isn't the case, so why should I pay for someones price gouging.

If some place has it at launch for what normal games cost I'll think about it. I'm afraid that the multiplayer will be worse than CoD:4. Grenades, air strikes and helicopters ruined that game. Not to mention Martyrdom.

Thats why you play on hardcore servers with that stuff not allowed. Its so much better, nothing is worse than getting tubed or air striked in the first few seconds. Thats y i play on servers where air strikes and helis are turned off, as weel as martydom

Yea I'd rather have Oxyclean than MW2

I don't think hes talking about oxyclean. Although if hes not, thatch a hella good deal. But yes, oxyclean is worth more than modern warfare 2, I can whole-heartily agree with that statement.

Thats why you play on hardcore servers with that stuff not allowed. Its so much better, nothing is worse than getting tubed or air striked in the first few seconds. Thats y i play on servers where air strikes and helis are turned off, as weel as martydom

Wonderful. Now find a decent pinging, populated Headquarters and/or Domination server with all of the above and I'd be happy. Kill-cam disable is also preferable. I haven't found something like that in a while though admittedly I've been having way more fun with TF2 than I ever did with CoD:4.

I won't pay $60. I get why some of you will but I'm not going to support this. If the game sells well at $60 every game will subsequently launch at $60. It might just be $10 now but if you paid $10 more for every game you own you might start to bitch when you break $100.

Thank you, exactly the point i was trying to make.

Company CEO Bobby Kotick added: “… You know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further,” before stating that high pre-orders for Activision products are an indication that consumers are comfortable with current pricing levels.

I paid $20 for the original, certainly won't be spending $60 on this. I can wait.

Thank you, exactly the point i was trying to make.

Basic economics: When people are willing to pay that much, raise the price. Keep raising it until things start to decline, then you've found your limit.

I'd be happier paying 50 USD, but I'll pay 60 USD if marty is gone...nades are fixed and air strikes are less fequent...or gone. If its COD4 with a new singleplayer, I won't buy it.

As much as liking air strikes when having it..i'd rather have it removed along with the helicopter unless it shot to remove health and not completely kill.

Why is everyone bitching about the helicopters and air strikes? You know you are given the opportunity to get them too so why does everyone want them taken out? Yeah they are annoying sometimes but that's why you are capable of getting them too. Is it the games fault you can't get 7 kills in a row?

The inflation rate has been negative for most of this year. This is why you can't get a decent rate on a savings account right now. Try again.

Back