Modern Warfare 2- New Map Pack Info

deweatherly

Supreme [H]ardness
For those who still care about MW2, I came across some gossip. This website is pretty good on news, and updates. does not have a release date :(
Nothing of this have been confirmed yet.

I have some information on the map names for the new upcoming map packs, there is going to be a playlist called Team Deathmatch - DLC with all the new maps in it, there will be six maps included with the names of :

Revolt
Complex
Storm
Abandoned
DCWH
Compact

------------------------------------
Those are the internal names for the maps. I have no idea what the real name is yet.
Soon i will post gameplay of these maps before release, please post all of your other information on the new map packs coming out.
There are rumors going around that the new maps will be old maps from CoD 4 and CoD : WaW.
These are possible maps for the internal names, if you have any ideas post here and i will update the post for you.

Old map pack 1 (4 CoD 4 Maps)

Shipment - SHIPMENT - CONFIRMED
Vacant - VACANT - CONFIRMED
Overgrown - OVERGROWN - CONFIRMED
Crash - CRASH - CONFIRMED

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Source:
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/ (parent site)
http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/15779-dlc-thread/ (source)

Last edited:
just so you know, your image links are broken

but the ones in the source thread are live if anyone wants to see the pics

sorry about that... i dont really know how to fix it. do i need to take it out of the quote??? mods feel free to edit.

we need to get a poll going on the price of the pc download for this map pack.

you thought pc games were pissed about the lack of dedicated servers (me included). wait till they charge for a map pack.

If the price will be as stupid as the full game, the DLC will probably be $40 HHAHaaa

btw there are also rumors of new game modes.
on of them i remember is Thermonuclear War... ill try to find that source

btw there are also rumors of new game modes.
on of them i remember is Thermonuclear War... ill try to find that source
That not a rumor, its pretty much confirmed considering that its already in the shipped game. Hackers have already unlocked it (on both PC and 360) and you can play it if you join one of the hacked servers.

I still want more friggin' weapons damnit... I miss the G3 and G36 so much, an AUG or L86 rifle is missing. The game could use a HK 417 and some more sniper rifles too.

Why does that picture of "Crash" look exactly like the map in America's Army called "crash" which was the map they made inspired by Blackhawk Down.

Interesting, I wonder if they made the same map. I liked that one haha

Why does that picture of "Crash" look exactly like the map in America's Army called "crash" which was the map they made inspired by Blackhawk Down.

Interesting, I wonder if they made the same map. I liked that one haha

It's the identical map from COD4....

Sniper rifles should be able to have grenade launchers too.

that would be the gayest thing ever, like there's not already enough pussies who only rely on the GL for close to medium combat before they start relying on bullets. After playing COD4 promod, I can't stand mw2 because of crap like this.

The map pack is going to cost money or its free? I shouldnt even bother asking really, i pretty much gave up on the game being anything resembling fair, but hope dies hard...lol

IWNet has been so pathetically unreliable of late, I'll probably pass this time out.

A shame as I made it to Lvl 1 Prestige then level 62 second time out but lost patience with the whole thing, I just reached the point of no return.

although you confirmed the names of the new map packs thats great.

those who quoted sniper rifles with grenade launchers. defeats the purpose of sniping. and you are a tard for even mentioned grenade launcher.

360 always charges of course but their service > ps3.

ps3 is full of noobs and kiddies i'm not surprised at all and their network is horrible.

You should also be able to have akimbo LMG's with grenade launchers.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

<credit card> ANGER ANGER ANGER ANGER </credit card>

hey, any news on dedicated servers ?

You should also be able to have akimbo LMG's with grenade launchers.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
yea and you should be able to have akimbo strykers with explosive gernade rounds....

<credit card> ANGER ANGER ANGER ANGER </credit card>

hey, any news on dedicated servers ?

dedicated servers is a lost hope... although it would boost thier sales for a while if they switched... but really everyone should give up on this. by now your just beating a deadhorse

Back