Modern Warfare 2: mouse jerkiness

Bbq

King of Charts
Is anyone else experiencing this ? sometimes when i move the mouse a little bit, it's smooth and tracks a certain amount (say, 30 degrees per inch of horizontal mouse movement), but sometimes it becomes extra twitchy and jumps all over the place (like 90 degrees per inch of horizontal mouse movement). Sometimes it's completely smooth, and sometimes it's jerky and like you're using an old gummed up ball mouse and skips over the screen, with your crosshair only moving in 100ish pixel incriments, making precision absolutely impossible.

Is there a fix for this ? it ONLY happens with this game. ALL my other games work perfectly with none of this behavior. It's also not my mouse, because I've tried using 3 different mouses and mousepads.

:mad:

edit: youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUVMoGcpPM

Last edited:
no problem with the keyboard, just the mouse.

is anyone else experiencing it ?

What mouse are you using? My G5 was having problems tracking but noticed it first in windows (Very slight vertical jumps making for a cursor that looked a little twitchy), switched it out with a plain old Intellimouse and everything is smooth again.

Time to trash my useless G5.

Game works fine, even with my ancient Logitech MX1000. Have you looked at the gel under the mouse? is there dirt on your mouse pad also if it gets wet your tracking can get funny, for my preference I use an razor exactmat, the smooth side.

tried with msie 3.0, logitech mx revolution, vx revolution, on an old ratpadz gs, steelseries cloth, a xtracpad, and plain desk. same issue with all of them. the mouses are fine with every other game and in windows, too

and i'd rather shoot myself before using an xbox controller.

I have a similar issue. I feel as if the mouse is lagging..as in my hand moves faster than the mouse cursor when playing MW2.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? sometimes when i move the mouse a little bit, it's smooth and tracks a certain amount (say, 30 degrees per inch of horizontal mouse movement), but sometimes it becomes extra twitchy and jumps all over the place (like 90 degrees per inch of horizontal mouse movement). Sometimes it's completely smooth, and sometimes it's jerky and like you're using an old gummed up ball mouse and skips over the screen, with your crosshair only moving in 100ish pixel incriments, making precision absolutely impossible.

Is there a fix for this ? it ONLY happens with this game. ALL my other games work perfectly with none of this behavior. It's also not my mouse, because I've tried using 3 different mouses and mousepads.

:mad:
are you only experiencing this during the beginning of the match / round?
if so, you could just be glitching cuz you're rubbing up against your teammates...

God I wish they would allow us to use the 360 controller.
are you serious??? I game on PC's so I don't have to dick around w/ my thumbs. Way more accurate, way better experience IMO.
If you want 360 controller, just play the game on a 360.
I have a similar issue. I feel as if the mouse is lagging..as in my hand moves faster than the mouse cursor when playing MW2.
mess around with the mouse sensitivity settings under Controls > Look

----

I've been playing this game since release and never had any issues w/ mouse response.
What kinda mouse are you playing with?

No problems here with G9. And the dude that wants to use a 360 controller, LMAO go ahead I'd love to pwn you online :)

ya i am totally useless when i play multiplayer with my friends with their xbox 360's. everytime i die, i keep on telling myself, "if only i had a keyboard and mice i would destroy you"

are you only experiencing this during the beginning of the match / round?
if so, you could just be glitching cuz you're rubbing up against your teammates...

throughout the match. the entire time.

I just bought a new mouse: razer dethadder 3500, and guess what ? still happening. almost every other mouse movement is a major problem. I'm used to moving the mouse about 1 inch for about 60 degrees of movement. half the time it's right, and the other half of the time, it flys all over the place. usually about 180 to 360 degrees.

I usually get about a kdr of 2, but since this twitchyness has been happening, it's been more like 0.10 now, against the same players.

and, once again, it's ONLY in modern warfare 2 and NOT in ANY OTHER GAME

mouse acceleration is completely off. it's not moving at a faster rate if i move the mouse faster, its covering far more distance, at a far higher rate, and inconsistantly. sometimes if i move the mouse at x speed for y distance, it moves the cursor z degrees, but sometimes it doesn't.

Just tried it with another mouse on another usb port; still happening. blah, this is maddening

75 Hz will never help you. It sounds like an acceleration issue definitely. Search around for the registry fix for the hidden acceleration. It's posted on a cs forum I believe. Probably on FPS Banana as well. Just google mouse acceleration registration fix or something.

When I had my g500 hooked up to my laptop it would do that all the time and it was extremely frustrating. Exactly what your video is describing. I was almost about to return the mouse.

But, it doesnt do this on my desktop. I am 90% sure it was a driver issue. I uninstalled all mouse drivers on my laptop, then reinstalled the touchpad driver & g500 drivers and the problem seems to be gone for now.

Maybe give a driver wipe and reinstall will work. Give it a shot.

From skimming that thread it seems it wasn't the cause for other people w/similar problems (but another background app may very well have been the cause anyway)... Were you able to fix the issue as one poster suggested by changing one setting within DF:

Found a fix, for me at least. Problem turned out to be displayfusion running in the background, "paus(ing) system hooks when fullscreen program is detected" fixed my mouse issues.

Or did you have to disable DF entirely? I haven't bought MW2 yet but I've been meaning to, and I do use DF... Big fan of it, never had any issue with it in other games either. Might be worth bringing up a the DF message boards, the dev is very active there and interested in any way he can improve/refine the app.

tried with msie 3.0, logitech mx revolution, vx revolution, on an old ratpadz gs, steelseries cloth, a xtracpad, and plain desk. same issue with all of them. the mouses are fine with every other game and in windows, too

and i'd rather shoot myself before using an xbox controller.

QFT - you don't play a PC FPS with a controller geez c'mon guys

From skimming that thread it seems it wasn't the cause for other people w/similar problems (but another background app may very well have been the cause anyway)... Were you able to fix the issue as one poster suggested by changing one setting within DF:

Or did you have to disable DF entirely? I haven't bought MW2 yet but I've been meaning to, and I do use DF... Big fan of it, never had any issue with it in other games either. Might be worth bringing up a the DF message boards, the dev is very active there and interested in any way he can improve/refine the app.

I had DF "paus(ing) system hooks..." disabled when i encountered the problems. Haven't tried enabling it, but I just exit DF when I play MW2, then start it up again when I'm done

I also don't play other games full screen, which might explain why it only happened in MW2.

Back