Modern Warfare 2 midnight launch pics

I am just curious if ANYBODY waited in line for the PC version?

Redwood City, California. Doubt he could get a weapon let alone a license to conceal it.

Hell...if it were almost anywhere else

Current Peak
29,206 38,599 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
27,142 33,008 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer

Some 71,607 spread across the world for the PC version, probably no lines

317381.jpg

2n1uv01.jpg

Why is humpty dumpty wearing camo?

looks like a guy dressed up in a army suit holding a game, i wonder if hes gonna play it later or go to bed because he probably has work in the morning, but probably not on remembrance day, unless hes really in the army, than he might have to attend a ceremony, i wonder if its ok to play video war games on remembrance day.

im sorry.

You can just tell the 1st guy in line is a chick magnet.

LAWL at these people lining up over a video-game. I can tell none of these people are over 30 with real responsibilities.

$50 says he had some sort of concealed weapon on him somewhere

LOL!

Probably to ward of the people saying "you noob, you bought it for PC and 360?!!?!?!?!?"
(that is the PC version in his left hand, correct? Looks like it) XD

Last edited:
LOL!

Probably to ward of the people saying "you noob, you bought it for PC and 360?!!?!?!?!?"
(that is the PC version in his right hand, correct? Looks like it) XD

no that would be his left hand and that would be the game guide, his right hand holds the 360 version

those are pretty much your average xbox 360 users. i don't see the big surprise here.

the funniest part of it all is pirates had the game long before any of these people sitting in line waiting for it...lol

personally for me i dont understand sitting in line for a game, it is not like there will be a shortage and it is not like you or anyone else can claim the " i was the first to play it" cause that is BS.

Redwood City, California. Doubt he could get a weapon let alone a license to conceal it.

It's really not that hard to get a gun in CA. Background check is similar to most states and most annoying part is having to wait 10 days. There are certainly lots of stupid laws on mag size, "evil features" (pistol grip, detachable mag etc.) that have to be complied with. Not saying any of those are great, but I have a Glock 19 2 feet away and a Saiga 7.62 6 feet away and they weren't difficult to come by.

Now concealed carry permits are indeed difficult to acquire in most counties. However, open carry is legal as long as the firearm is unloaded; but you can have full mags (must be unconcealed) on your body as well. Unloaded is annoying, agreed, but most annoying is that officers can stop you to check that it is indeed unloaded.

So, this guy could have had an unloaded Beretta M9 in a tactical holster and it would have been legal, even here in firearm-shy CA.

i live in cali and i see "gangsters" walk around with guns all the time. the law seems to be very effective.

effective at keeping non-gangsters from protecting themselves, that is. You ever play counter-strike and just use the knife? that's sort of how it is around here.

edit : yes i know this nothing to do with this thread and yes i know im complaining LOL

That dork isn't wearing US Army or Marines but ... Air Force Tigerstripe Camo LOL

It's really not that hard to get a gun in CA. Background check is similar to most states and most annoying part is having to wait 10 days. There are certainly lots of stupid laws on mag size, "evil features" (pistol grip, detachable mag etc.) that have to be complied with. Not saying any of those are great, but I have a Glock 19 2 feet away and a Saiga 7.62 6 feet away and they weren't difficult to come by.

Now concealed carry permits are indeed difficult to acquire in most counties. However, open carry is legal as long as the firearm is unloaded; but you can have full mags (must be unconcealed) on your body as well. Unloaded is annoying, agreed, but most annoying is that officers can stop you to check that it is indeed unloaded.

So, this guy could have had an unloaded Beretta M9 in a tactical holster and it would have been legal, even here in firearm-shy CA.

Trying not to derail too much here, but come on...your limited to 10 round mags in a pistol that should hold 15/17, and what, no detachable mags over 5 rounds on the Saiga?

I spent 2 years in that state, and left in disgust over the complete disregard for my constitutional right to bear arms.

"Yeah, you can have the guns...you just cant have more bullets than a police officer when you need to defend your life!"

you guys do realize that the camo bs hes wearing is the MW2 gear you can buy.. and everything on it is fake including the mags.. its all worthless plastic junk..

the funniest part of it all is pirates had the game long before any of these people sitting in line waiting for it...lol

personally for me i dont understand sitting in line for a game, it is not like there will be a shortage and it is not like you or anyone else can claim the " i was the first to play it" cause that is BS.

not true.. the game that was released early on the web was actually the steam pre-loaded game folder that was completely encrypted and useless.. its the typical BS of people going "ahh look at me i downloaded the game a week before it came out.. but i cant play it.."

Trying not to derail too much here, but come on...your limited to 10 round mags in a pistol that should hold 15/17, and what, no detachable mags over 5 rounds on the Saiga?

I spent 2 years in that state, and left in disgust over the complete disregard for my constitutional right to bear arms.

"Yeah, you can have the guns...you just cant have more bullets than a police officer when you need to defend your life!"

The Saiga has 10 round detachable mags, because it does not have a pistol grip, folding stock, foregrip, etc, etc. that classify it as an "evil" assault weapon in CA. If I modded any of those things onto the gun (aside from having to put on a certain number of US built parts to comply with Federal law), the mag would have to be fixed or use a bullet button to remove - which is why I'm doing none of those things. I think detachable mags are better than any of those features.

I've lived in the Bay Area all my life, and really the weather and geography can't be beat. I'd rather stay and fight to reinstate the rights of all Californians. Hopefully things will get easier if we win 2nd Amendment incorporation from SCOTUS in June.

The Saiga has 10 round detachable mags, because it does not have a pistol grip, folding stock, foregrip, etc, etc. that classify it as an "evil" assault weapon in CA. If I modded any of those things onto the gun (aside from having to put on a certain number of US built parts to comply with Federal law), the mag would have to be fixed or use a bullet button to remove - which is why I'm doing none of those things. I think detachable mags are better than any of those features.

I've lived in the Bay Area all my life, and really the weather and geography can't be beat. I'd rather stay and fight to reinstate the rights of all Californians. Hopefully things will get easier if we win 2nd Amendment incorporation from SCOTUS in June.

Glad to hear your fighting the good fight. Best of luck.

Sirmonkey...I had no idea. For obvious reasons. LOL.

317382.jpg

I would much rather wait in line for AS2 (in the back), PC version of course :D :cool: ;)

Ah, man that black guy is eyeballing the chubby white guy...about to be a beat down! :D jk jk ....I'll beat you back to Call of Duty 1!

That gear is defiantly overkill...wearing it isn't going to help gameplay plus it probably costs as much as another brand new game. Put that money for AS2 or DA, not ridiculous, doesn't even look real, plastic crap camo :rolleyes:

I can't find reason to criticize the people who waited in line at midnight to buy the game. It really comes down to what you enjoy in life. It's easy to laugh at people who act like dorks when they buy a new game, but I'm sure everyone here gets a little obsessive about things they take value in. For example, my fiancee will (I won't) go to that terrible new Twilight movie during it's midnight release, even though she could see it just as easily see it the next day.

My point is, I find it rather humorous that a bunch of nerds of a a forum make fun of a bunch of nerds buying video games at midnight, and the obligatory - call of duty 4 can go to hell.

those people seemed happy...here where i am, i taped a midnight launch, people were less than nice about it. as if i was prying into there business or something.

My point is, I find it rather humorous that a bunch of nerds of a a forum make fun of a bunch of nerds buying video games at midnight, and the obligatory - call of duty 4 can go to hell.

I can see the irony in nerds taking the mickey out of nerds. But I don't consider myself one of course :). Do I sound like someone who waits in line dressed like a numpty for my games? Don't answer that!

i live in cali and i see "gangsters" walk around with guns all the time. the law seems to be very effective.

effective at keeping non-gangsters from protecting themselves, that is. You ever play counter-strike and just use the knife? that's sort of how it is around here.

edit : yes i know this nothing to do with this thread and yes i know im complaining LOL

Laws only apply to people who follow them, why the war on drugs and guns is BS and useless, the guns you see on 'gangsta's' have probably been in numerous people's hands before the person you saw with it, not to mention killed some people, robbed some others and so on.

not true.. the game that was released early on the web was actually the steam pre-loaded game folder that was completely encrypted and useless.. its the typical BS of people going "ahh look at me i downloaded the game a week before it came out.. but i cant play it.."

yes the working came out 11.10, forgot the other was crap,l but even then it was probably in pirates hands and people playing it while these people were in line :)

yes the working came out 11.10, forgot the other was crap,l but even then it was probably in pirates hands and people playing it while these people were in line :)

The xbox version was pirated well before release, and there were a lot of people were playing it.

317384.jpg

Manboobs!

And this guy looks as if his fingers are being burned off by the light behind them

317383.jpg

I saw one person mention 7 hours... wow

I walked right into my local fred meyer at 12:04 and picked it immediately with no wait.

I guess in my opinion that is a major hassle. With my permit I can be in and out of a firearm store in 10 minutes. As far as CA's open carry rules, you might as well just advertise yourself as a sucker with a gun to steal since it must be unloaded and any magazines must be visible as well.

I moved from Mountain View back in 2000, haven't looked back.

Back