Modern Warfare 2 makes 550 million in Five Days: 2500 pc cheaters banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
This must be a record! 550 million in 5 days! Wha?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6240625.html

I must say multiplayer for me is definitely making this game worth $60. The IWNet system really works great. I don't see the need for dedicated servers for this game. I am amazed at how smooth the p2p system can be for multiplayer gaming. I think this is going to start becoming a standard for pc gaming.

Also on another bright note, 2500 pc cheaters have been banned from mw2:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96430-2500-PC-Gamers-Banned-from-Modern-Warfare-2

Good stuff. You can also report people hacking on steam:
FYI:

You can report players for hacks in Steam.

"During or after you've played the game with the hacker open Steam. Under the players menu, you can go to previous game. Under that menu click on the player who is hacking and open their Steam ID page.

On the top right corner of the Steam ID page you are able to "report violation". If somebody is suspected of hacking I will put in the comments "suspect of hacking - {whatever hack}". If it's something confirmed, I will put "Confirmed hack - {whatever hack}".

Not sure how effective that is. I suppose you could always create a video of them hacking as well, lol. Talk about extreme though.

FFS guys just walk away, don't even reply to this thread. It's flamebait and everyone here knows it, just don't fucking reply. Seriously, if you feed this guy after my warning you I have lost all hope in this forum.

Hmm so does the ban knock em out of all VAC games or just MW2?

Not too sure, I would think just MW2. Surprised how youtube can be used as a tool to ban people now. I mean that's pretty much concrete proof just video a guy cheating then show their steamid in the video.

Not too sure, I would think just MW2. Surprised how youtube can be used as a tool to ban people now. I mean that's pretty much concrete proof just video a guy cheating then show their steamid in the video.

The only thing that can VAC ban people is the VAC program itself. Valve does not ban people by hand because videos and screen shots aren't hard evidence. Modern Warfare 2 probably has the best matchmaking system in the business. I play about 10 hours a day and my ping is never over 70. I have to say Modern Warfare 2 is my GOTY 2009.

The only thing that can VAC ban people is the VAC program itself. Valve does not ban people by hand because videos and screen shots aren't hard evidence. Modern Warfare 2 probably has the best matchmaking system in the business. I play about 10 hours a day and my ping is never over 70. I have to say Modern Warfare 2 is my GOTY 2009.

Nice, we should meet up and do a little mw2 lan fest with each other man, you still got that pimped out mini-itx set up with the ridiculous clean wire management going on? I'll bring the pony keg, and you bring the honeys big baby. Figured we'd put a little Long Beach style on it just for kicks :cool: Oh yah, and you know we going Hardcore mode search and destroy only...****fist bumps****

I'm happy to see the Steam cheaters getting banned.

Some of the guys I play with use Rank Changer software from Blackdove to get lvl 70 w/ 10 prestige. Really ticks me off but what can you do.

I'm happy to see the Steam cheaters getting banned.

Some of the guys I play with use Rank Changer software from Blackdove to get lvl 70 w/ 10 prestige. Really ticks me off but what can you do.

yeah, thats one of the reasons I stopped playing the first one on PC :( I'm glad valve is working on it though. What makes it even sweeter is that they paid 60.00 to get banned :D

Nice, we should meet up and do a little mw2 lan fest with each other man, you still got that pimped out mini-itx set up with the ridiculous clean wire management going on? I'll bring the pony keg, and you bring the honeys big baby. Figured we'd put a little Long Beach style on it just for kicks :cool: Oh yah, and you know we going Hardcore mode search and destroy only...****fist bumps****

I'll host man since my computer is ballin, even though you could host a game on a pentium 1 and stuff get zero lag since the game is programmed perfect. IWnet is more sophisticated than any dedicated server setup, faster too. When I host games it feels better than a dedicated server because Infinity Ward made it so.

i'm going to ask for this thread to be closed since it serves no purpose and PS3 is just trolling

yeah, thats one of the reasons I stopped playing the first one on PC :( I'm glad valve is working on it though. What makes it even sweeter is that they paid 60.00 to get banned :D

Yah, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully they'll just keep catching more.

i'm going to ask for this thread to be closed since it serves no purpose and PS3 is just trolling

Well let's see, this is the general pc gaming section. It's a topic about a pc game, and cheaters getting banned from steam. I'd say it's pretty relevant if you play MW2, and yes, people in this forum do play MW2 and actually like it.

i've read most of the threads you start, they are designed to flamebait and start flame wars

obvioustroll.jpg

troll1.jpg

Troll%27s%20Brain%20and%20memory.gif

troll-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back