Modern Warfare 2 is just all media hype....

How are people in this thread trolls, this is a discussion thread about whether this game is hype or not and people are just giving there opinions, no harm done.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1451879&highlight=Modern+Warfare

Except it's already been beaten way into the ground. More than once. That was just the most prominent thread on the subject in my recent memory.

Before that one, we had another huge whine and rant thread about the game costing more than $50.

On and on it goes.

What's left to say about it until people actually play it? Nothing meaningful IMO.

Last edited:
My bad! That is very true. I havent been in the gaming threads in a while.

Didn't mean anything pointed against you. :)

I certainly don't think any game could live up to the kind of hype preceding this. There's just no way.

That being said: I think a person that's a fan of COD and especially COD4 is going to eat this up on day one sight unseen and enjoy the hell out of it.

I'll probably be one of those people. :)

CoD4:MW was amazing. I loved it. I have 4-5 shooters for my 360, and ill take CoD4 over them all, especially the MP.
I'm looking forward to the second one.

The first MW, while not amazing, was a great game overall. If you didn't like it then maybe it just isnt your cup of tea? I'm looking forward to the sequel.

CoD4:MW was amazing. I loved it. I have 4-5 shooters for my 360, and ill take CoD4 over them all, especially the MP.
I'm looking forward to the second one.

Isn't that like preferring the polished turd over the non-polished turds?

Last edited:
It was a good "on the rails" modern shooter which worked well, it was a tad consolized and had some other issues, but they're going to learn from that in MW2 I hope and produce more of the same but with some cool new set pieces and all the lame gameplay ironed out like infinite spawning enemies.

So you don't like MW the original, sorry to say you're in the minority.

Oh and Hans Zimmer is doing the score for the game, thats almost enough reason alone to get it *hums the rock theme tune*

The first modern warfare was pretty amazing when it came out, the first level it felt like I was playing a movie, and the story was always staying interesting throughout the rest of the game(nuke part was pretty intense). While I've since traded it in to make way for MW2 next month, I got a good amount of multiplayer in, the longevity of the multiplayer makes it worth the price of admission alone and this one is supposed to have way more depth in the multiplayer.

I imagine this game will keep me fairly busy until the new 2010 titles start coming out.

...and despite COD4 still going for AU$99.95 (US$88) two years after release, I'm not bothered about waiting...

really? You might want to check that price a little. Don't get me wrong, the price of COD4 still being 44.99 used @ Gamestop is the reason I only own it on PC. I did pre-order MW and have MW2 on pre-order, but I have no interest in paying 5 bucks less of new for a 2 year old game.

Granted the trailers look sweet, I really hope IW listened to the end-users about how horribly short the SP was on MW. I will be very disappointed if the SP is not much longer.

You know, I was wondering about the price of CoD4 the other day. I mean, clearly that game has sold enough to be greatest hits, platinum etc., yet it's not. The obvious reason is because it still sells very well. Is this a little underhanded?

You know, I was wondering about the price of CoD4 the other day. I mean, clearly that game has sold enough to be greatest hits, platinum etc., yet it's not. The obvious reason is because it still sells very well. Is this a little underhanded?

It's called good business.

Aside from being an anti-Russian piece of garbage, I loved COD4: MW for the gameplay and dynamics. Was an absolutely wonderful FPS. Dunno what people are griping about.

Modern Warfare isn't media hype.. it's the military paying Activision to push Infinity Ward to create a video game that will subliminally attract and pre-train the younger college aged people to joining one of the US armed forces.

And yes maybe the franchise hasn't advanced the way you think it should but what it does do well is invite new individuals to our hobby with a solid FPS experience on console and PC. That's got to account for something, right?

Not when those individuals pay money for mindless shooters which prompt developers to throw money into advertisement when they should be making shooters that rely on more than a twitch reflex.

Im not hating on MW more than anyone else, some people love it, and I guess that's fine. But what I am hating on is the publicity shooters that have no innovative, risk taking features get.

Thougt the sp was good in mw but the multi just felt incredibly dumbed down. Recoil was non existant making it incredibly easy to get long range kills with minimum effort, gunplay in general just seemed to be a case of hold in the mouse button and watch things die..direct result of the nonexistant recoil, grenade spamming everywhere, stackable callins that dominated the majority of maps.

That being said most of the above started in cod2 which was a game ported to the consoles, just seems they tweaked it for consoles and left it exactly the same in the pc version =/.

It was a good "on the rails" modern shooter which worked well, it was a tad consolized and had some other issues, but they're going to learn from that in MW2 I hope and produce more of the same but with some cool new set pieces and all the lame gameplay ironed out like infinite spawning enemies.

So you don't like MW the original, sorry to say you're in the minority.

Oh and Hans Zimmer is doing the score for the game, thats almost enough reason alone to get it *hums the rock theme tune*

ill be happy as heck with mw2 as long as they get rid of the infinitely spawning enemies. aside from that, I thought everything else in the first mw was great.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

ill be happy as heck with mw2 as long as they get rid of the infinitely spawning enemies. aside from that, I thought everything else in the first mw was great.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

In an interview like 4 months back it was stated that infinite respawning enemies won't be in Modern Warfare 2. THANK GOD!

Single player or cod4 was mildly entertaining, good enough for one play through. Multiplayer was just... awful. Playing CoD4 multiplayer is like getting raped by an AIDS jackhammer. CoD4 multiplayer is like a massive bug party. I really do not see how every time this game is mentioned a million people start masturbating furiously at the thought of it. I think I would rather play Far Cry 2 single player than CoD4 multiplayer, that's how bad I think it is. There are ten year old games with more depth to their multiplayer than CoD4.

tl;dr CoD4 multiplayer sucks

COD4 multiplayer on the PS3 has taken up more hours of my life than any other game ever.... i played battlefield 2 for about an hour then sold it, i thought it was shit.

The single player was alright but nothing spectacular for me, rather short too.

really? You might want to check that price a little. Don't get me wrong, the price of COD4 still being 44.99 used @ Gamestop is the reason I only own it on PC. I did pre-order MW and have MW2 on pre-order, but I have no interest in paying 5 bucks less of new for a 2 year old game.

I was illustrating to you Americans how overpriced games are here, as opposed to what price COD4 goes for in America.

am i the only one seeing this wtf? the first modern warfare wasn't even anything special what makes this one any different? just another crappy fps

I didn't enjoy the first one so much, but the only thing about this one that may last longer for me is the co-op.

I thought the first game's single-player was pretty awesome. The multi-player experience was probably one of the worst however.

I purchased MW for $20USD, which was exactly what it was worth. IMHO the only part of a game that is worth a damn is the single player because its the only part of the game you can go back to years from now and replay it. Since the single player was so short I felt like $20 was a fair price.

MW2 seems like it will be exactly the same and in turn I will wait until it drops to $20 before I purchase unless of course the SP is much longer. Needless to say I am not holding my breath.

am i the only one seeing this wtf? the first modern warfare wasn't even anything special what makes this one any different? just another crappy fps

You've just expressed an opinion. Welcome to humanity. Use it responsibly.

COD4 multiplayer on the PS3 has taken up more hours of my life than any other game ever.... i played battlefield 2 for about an hour then sold it, i thought it was shit.

The single player was alright but nothing spectacular for me, rather short too.

Battlefield 2 on any platform other than the pc is a waste of money, imo.

I always thought the original call of duty was the best... before the consolitis. I know they're to make games to make money.. its a business. but i think the series gets worse and worse every release. MW2 duel wielding weapons... you've gotta be kidding me, right? no Spec Ops or SEAL is gonna be duel wielding weapons. COD is going through the same issues Rainbow Six did, taking out any tacticalness of it and making it into a michael bay movie. So it appeals to the masses... hence the media hype.

MW wasnt bad imo. I enjoyed playing through the single player campaign and I've been playing multiplayer on the PC a bit more lately to get ready for MW2. I know trailers are never a good implication of whether the game is good or not, but looking at them really makes me think that the single player aspect would be very nice. I also appreciate Infinity Ward for taking out that bloody martydom. There might be other ways that the game is imbalanced but Im sure that it could be fixed with patches.

Battlefield 2 on any platform other than the pc is a waste of money, imo.

I always thought the original call of duty was the best... before the consolitis. I know they're to make games to make money.. its a business. but i think the series gets worse and worse every release. MW2 duel wielding weapons... you've gotta be kidding me, right? no Spec Ops or SEAL is gonna be duel wielding weapons. COD is going through the same issues Rainbow Six did, taking out any tacticalness of it and making it into a michael bay movie. So it appeals to the masses... hence the media hype.

100% agree with everything said here, from the bf2, original cod and current state of cod statements.

So some of you don't like it, big deal. I hate Halo, I hate Gears of War. Halo is a shitty shooter and Gears of War is also a shitty shooter. Both games brought nothing new to the gaming world yet people went apeshit over them.

Additionally, most of the people who go crazy for the MW series are console gamers....the same people who went apeshit over Halo and GoW, see a pattern here?

4 Pages and still NOT ONE person could tell me why COD:MW2 is going to be a great game. Or even going to be better than COD4 or any of the COD's for that matter. NOT ONE.

COD4 multiplayer was fun til my hard drive died and I lost all my unlocks, golden guns, and what not. What kinda company creates a game and doesn't save your profile to a central sever? And don't say it was my fault for not having a backup. If I was supposed to back it up, they should have included a utility to do that.

4 Pages and still NOT ONE person could tell me why COD:MW2 is going to be a great game. Or even going to be better than COD4 or any of the COD's for that matter. NOT ONE.

Considering how no one has it, we can't tell you that.

4 pages and still NOT ONE person could tell me why COD:MW2 is NOT going to be a good-great game. Or even equal-better than COD4 or any of the other CODs for that matter.

NOT ONE.

^^
See how that works? It's all equally worthless since no one has played the damned game.

Then, judging by that logic, everyone who calls the OP a troll is a troll himself. If the OP is a troll for saying that COD:MW2 is overhyped then everyone who says that it is not overhyped is also a troll as nobody knows for sure how it is.

Back