"Modern" 30 inch 16:10?

Panel

Gawd
Is there such a thing as a "modern" 2560x1600 16:10 monitor? Specifically, is there one with Freesync and small bezels? These are the top qualities I'm looking for in a 16:10, seeing how I love my 3007wfp and don't really want to let go of it.

If there are none that have the 2 features above, is there any way to remove the bezel of the 3007wfp to make it a smaller bezel?

If not, are there any other 30" 16:10s that can be easily de-bezeled? I've heard of some korean brand that makes a model that can easily overclock to 96Hz, but I don't know if it can be de-bezeled, or how much it costs.

I know this thread is weakly composed, but I'd appreciate any input nonetheless, as always.

Color me curious as well. I've been using 16:10 30" monitors for years. When I finally "upgrade" it will be to a large 4K display, most likely with freesync.
(See: Wasabi Mango UHD490 49" 4K Freesync)

I have seen someone debezel 3x3007wfp's. It looked amazing. They made their own triple monitor stand that was super beefy. Unfourtunately, I couldn't find the post, but I found this:
I just picked up a used 3007 without bezels or stand for $275
dells.jpg

Dell 3007WFP-HC on an ergotron MX and a dell 2407WFP-HC. I have the 3007 calibrated to within a half DeltaE right now.

Man, that's a small bezel. Maybe I should debezel my displays.

Next best thing would be 32" 16:9. They're avaiable in 1440p or 4K, and with Freesync. Basically sized like a 30" 16:10 with a little space added in the sides

I have seen someone debezel 3x3007wfp's. It looked amazing. They made their own triple monitor stand that was super beefy.
This is EXACTLY what I want to do and the whole reason I made this thread. I thought maybe someone could recommend a de-bezelling guide, recommend a small bezel 30" I don't know about, or recommend an alternative Korean 30" that's easier to de-bezel.

If you get some time to burn, could you please look for that post a bit more? I'd love to take a look at it and (more importantly) pm the user for some assistance. :D

Next best thing would be 32" 16:9. They're avaiable in 1440p or 4K, and with Freesync. Basically sized like a 30" 16:10 with a little space added in the sides
I know, but I'd want any "new" monitor I buy to be curved for a better multi-screen setup.

Why? You buy multiple of the same monitor and arrange them in line with the curvature.

You need a LOT of desk space for that, based on the curve of most of the UW monitors you're going to find. It very quickly approaches ridiculous levels as well, where everything is in your peripheral vision.

You're going to run into graphics limitations as well. A UW 3440x1440 display isn't quite as hard to drive as 4k, but if you're going to do 3 of them you won't be able to push 60Hz, much less the 96Hz you mentioned in your first post. Game support is going to be limited at those resolutions.

What about those 144hz 1440p 31.5" SVA panels, did Samsung announce those? Surely they must be curved since all the other SVA panels are

You need a LOT of desk space for that, based on the curve of most of the UW monitors you're going to find. It very quickly approaches ridiculous levels as well, where everything is in your peripheral vision.

You're going to run into graphics limitations as well. A UW 3440x1440 display isn't quite as hard to drive as 4k, but if you're going to do 3 of them you won't be able to push 60Hz, much less the 96Hz you mentioned in your first post. Game support is going to be limited at those resolutions.
You misunderstand. I don't want curved ultrawides. I want curved 16:9s, like some of Samsung's curved 1080p Quantom dot CFG 70s. This addresses nearly everything you mentioned, including desk space and peripheral vision. Support for triple 16:9 is better than ultrawide (especially triple ultrawide). As for being able to push a resolution at a high frame rate, I'd want my monitors to be a little future proof, so that newer graphics models for multiple years wouldn't be a waste on them.

Of course, all of this is only if I'm forced to get a newer screen and can't get the 16:10s I want.

What about those 144hz 1440p 31.5" SVA panels, did Samsung announce those? Surely they must be curved since all the other SVA panels are
Mokkat This is precisely what I'd want. I mentioned the Samsung CFG 70, which is VA, Quantum Dot, 144Hz, Freesync. The only downside is the resolution, 1080p. If they released a 1440p version, I'd snap 3 up and shut up. But it seems that they're only interested in making ultra-wide curved 1440p's, not 16:9 curved 1440p. :(

Last edited:
You misunderstand. I don't want curved ultrawides. I want curved 16:9s, like some of Samsung's curved 1080p Quantom dot CFG 70s. This addresses nearly everything you mentioned, including desk space and peripheral vision. Support for triple 16:9 is better than ultrawide (especially triple ultrawide). As for being able to push a resolution at a high frame rate, I'd want my monitors to be a little future proof, so that newer graphics models for multiple years wouldn't be a waste on them.

Of course, all of this is only if I'm forced to get a newer screen and can't get the 16:10s I want.

If that's what you're looking for, I think I'd have to agree with one of the previous users...2560x1600 is pretty much a dead resolution. Gaming never really supported it, so it's not getting help there. Professional users are leaning towards 4k and higher these days. There's no demand, so no one is making them anymore. I had a pair of U3014's for a while, and it does work pretty well, but now I'm even happier with a single 3440x1440 for gaming and such, with a 2560x1440 on the side when I need extra space for productivity tasks.

If that's what you're looking for, I think I'd have to agree with one of the previous users...2560x1600 is pretty much a dead resolution. Gaming never really supported it, so it's not getting help there. Professional users are leaning towards 4k and higher these days. There's no demand, so no one is making them anymore. I had a pair of U3014's for a while, and it does work pretty well, but now I'm even happier with a single 3440x1440 for gaming and such, with a 2560x1440 on the side when I need extra space for productivity tasks.
Yeah, I'm slowly starting to accept that I may just have to suck it up and go with 16:9s or 21:9, or some combination of the 2.

I just replaced my 3008WFP with an Asus PG348Q yesterday. The loss in vertical resolution is more than made up for with the incredible horizontal space and beautiful curve.

Not to mention getting out of the dark ages of 60Hz gaming has been a joy. 100hz and G-Sync is awesome.

I just replaced my 3008WFP with an Asus PG348Q yesterday. The loss in vertical resolution is more than made up for with the incredible horizontal space and beautiful curve.

Not to mention getting out of the dark ages of 60Hz gaming has been a joy. 100hz and G-Sync is awesome.

I tried a monitor at 1440P and couldn't do it.

Nope. 2560x1440P. 3440x1440 would be better, but 3840x2160 is where it's at.

Man, I wish I could have.. and for the price I paid for this PG348Q I easily could have but I needed something over 60Hz. Maybe in a few years I'll replace this with the 4K 144Hz panel Asus just announced at CES. I'm curious what that will retail for when it's released.

Man, I wish I could have.. and for the price I paid for this PG348Q I easily could have but I needed something over 60Hz. Maybe in a few years I'll replace this with the 4K 144Hz panel Asus just announced at CES. I'm curious what that will retail for when it's released.

I had 144Hz and G-Sync @ 7680x1440 thanks to NVSurround. Getting 144FPS or anywhere close to it with max eye candy was challenging. I'll take the image quality over the refresh rate. I'm also happy I don't have to fuck with multi-monitor crap anymore.

Here's a disassembly video. Just stop after the bezel is removed and attached the power / backlight controls where you can get to them. Then mount the stang on the back. You may have to add spacers to the screws on the vesa mount as to not short out or otherwise damage the panel.

Here's a disassembly video. Just stop after the bezel is removed and attached the power / backlight controls where you can get to them. Then mount the stang on the back. You may have to add spacers to the screws on the vesa mount as to not short out or otherwise damage the panel.

I'll definitley check this out tomorrow. Kinda wished I hadn't clicked this notification now.

Microsoft surface pro is 3:2, which is taller than 16:10. It is a matter of time before mainstream display manufacturers wake up to the reality that demand for 3:2 large displays is much higher than for ultrawides.

Just repeated history.

30" 16:10 Apple Cinema display was precursor for those cheaper knockouts like 3007wfp mentioned by OP.

Microsoft surface studio is pretty impressive but pricey gadget, so there is room for competition.

I think this is the latest 30-incher:

Dell UltraSharp UP3017

- no narrow bezels
- no Freesync / gsync
- heavy price
http://geizhals.eu/dell-ultrasharp-up3017-210-ajlp-210-ajlu-a1473174.html

Then, there is NEC MD MD302C6 with 3280x2048 resolution (16:10).
http://geizhals.eu/nec-md-md302c6-s....html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu

Comes with a price.

There is a 30-inch panel with 4096x2560 (16:10) resolution.
http://www.panelook.com/R300M1-L01_Innolux_30.0_LCM_overview_2234.html

Canon used to have one model using this panel, but the price was over 30 000 €/$
http://geizhals.eu/canon-dp-v3010-a1052232.html

Pick one from here for 20 000$
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1202266-REG/canon_6902b002_dp_v3010_30_4k_hd_3g_sdi.html

Last edited:
Back