Mobo for Ryzen 7 3800X

revv

Weaksauce
I'm planning on getting a Ryzen 7 3800x to replace my i5 7600K. With that, comes a new motherboard.

Wondering what mobo has the best bang for the buck for this new processor. Ideally, I'd like something with plenty of USB 3 ports and one or two USB-C ports. I don't really want to break the bank on this though.

The rest of my hardware is the following, which I intend on reusing:

215901_Current.png

I don't need wifi on the mobo and, overall, I've been pretty happy with my Maximus IX Hero so might be looking for something similar.

I use my PC for gaming, video editing, photo editing, and general use.

Thanks!!

You'll have to wait a bit for any real advice since X570 isn't out yet.

You could save money and get a X470 board that will handle Zen2 just fine, but you'll have to deal with the likelyhood that it won't be running a new enough BIOS so you'll need to borrow an older CPU to flash it.

Agreed, I recommend you wait a few weeks till the reviews of the X570 boards are out and we know the prices.

if you go x470 and don't already have a ryzen chip definitely make sure it's a board that can be bios flashed without a cpu, otherwise pretty much all the x570 boards look like they should be able to handle the 3800x(even MSI's sub 200 dollar gaming plus board will handle at least the 16 core stock just to give you an idea), just look which features you want most. other than that everything from your current build should move over perfectly fine to your new build and save you a bit of money(might have to bug corsair for the am4 bracket for the h100i if you don't already have one).

I'm planning on getting a Ryzen 7 3800x to replace my i5 7600K. With that, comes a new motherboard.

Wondering what mobo has the best bang for the buck for this new processor. Ideally, I'd like something with plenty of USB 3 ports and one or two USB-C ports. I don't really want to break the bank on this though.

The rest of my hardware is the following, which I intend on reusing:

View attachment 170347

I don't need wifi on the mobo and, overall, I've been pretty happy with my Maximus IX Hero so might be looking for something similar.

I use my PC for gaming, video editing, photo editing, and general use.

Thanks!!

Way too soon man. To both decide to buy a product with no reviews, and to decide on a motherboard with no official reviews.

IF you are targeting a 3800X you can go for one of the top tier X470s - Asus X470 Hero, Gigabyte Gaming 7, Asrock Taichi, MSI Pro Carbon, or one of the X570 boards when they release. Can't say which one yet since there isn't any feedback available at the moment.

One thing I noticed about your build is that you're only using a single stick of RAM. Try to double that to take advantage of dual channel. Ryzen in general benefits from faster RAM.

Also, while it's good to have a 'target' build in mind, I agree with the above post that you should wait for reviews before pulling the trigger, unless you are dead sure that the extra cores will make a difference for you in video editing.

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding my RAM, they're incorrect in the image above. I am running 2x 8GB. Sorry about that!

Everything I've read makes me think that Ryzen 3 will be better than what I currently have. This year is my "upgrade year" and I was looking to get a faster processor as I'm pretty happy with my GTX 1070 and hard drives. Depending on the motherboard's costs, I might try to get a memory upgrade as well as my current sticks might be outdated.

I'm also reading everywhere that the X570 boards will come with hefty price tags, but my major concern is a small whining fan that seems to be on most of them.

I'm not pulling the trigger on day 1, but was planning to do so make on week 3 or so. I just wanted to know if there was insight in terms of which mother boards were looking interesting for the 3800X. Seems like there isn't a lot of information yet, so I'm happy to wait.

If you overclock your 7600K to the range of about 4.5-4.8ghz, you'll have a competitive gaming chip compared to the current coffeelake/ryzen 3rd gen EXCEPT for when games use more than 4 threads. The number of games that take advantage of >4 threads is growing but the 7600K @ 4.8 will still be decent.

Definitely wait for reviews, though if you aren't looking to go for super expensive I'd recommend keeping an eye on X470. While the VRMs on even the "low end" X570 boards will blow most X470s out of the water, the 3800X is going to be fine (even fully OC'd) on X470 boards and if you don't need the additional features of X570 you might as well save a few bucks. The biggest things to look out for are going to be how good the Ryzen 3000 BIOS updates are for different X470 boards and how you are going to get the boards updated. If AMD still does the loaner program for upgrading BIOSes that will work, otherwise look at boards with the option to update without needing a CPU installed (different manufacturers have different names for it ex: BIOS Flashback for ASUS).

Edit: Forgot to add. B450 could even be a viable option, depending on what you're looking for in a board.

Last edited:
Hell with that waiting crap. Get an Asus Crosshair VII Hero. It's an X470, but I got one open box from NewEgg for $155 last week. You can flash upgrade the BIOS with no RAM or CPU installed, so no worries about a "too old" BIOS. It has 8 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports and a USB Type-C port on the back, and it has front panel headers for 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 USB Type-C port. It also supports up to 2 NVMe drives.

Reactions: revv
like this
You'll have to wait a bit for any real advice since X570 isn't out yet.

You could save money and get a X470 board that will handle Zen2 just fine, but you'll have to deal with the likelyhood that it won't be running a new enough BIOS so you'll need to borrow an older CPU to flash it.
I was going to ask about this. It is always thrown around that a user should just pick up a 470/50 for cheap. I think this might impair the massive adoption rate for Zen2 out of the gate. X570 or your a pre-Zen owner. I guess it is expected if your buying new you'll go X570. If your upgrading your upgrading.

Hell with that waiting crap. Get an Asus Crosshair VII Hero. It's an X470, but I got one open box from NewEgg for $155 last week. You can flash upgrade the BIOS with no RAM or CPU installed, so no worries about a "too old" BIOS. It has 8 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports and a USB Type-C port on the back, and it has front panel headers for 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 USB Type-C port. It also supports up to 2 NVMe drives.

Honestly, that's not a bad plan. It's a fantastic board.

You know, its hard to make motherboard recommendations until I've have worked with at least three or four options.

I laughed hard at this.

This is actually a great candidate if I were to go the X470 route. It also seems to have all the USB ports I need and then some.

How on earth did you score the $155 price? I'm seeing $216 and don't see anything lower than that.

Lastly, where will a X470 board fall short to a newer X570 if I'm not trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out of my components?

Last edited:
I laughed hard at this.

This is actually a great candidate if I were to go the X470 route. It also seems to have all the USB ports I need and then some.

How on earth did you score the $155 price? I'm seeing $216 and don't see anything lower than that.

Lastly, where will a X470 board fall short to a newer X570 if I'm not trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out of my components?

It was an Open Box special (a used return) - they get those occasionally, and I happened to be there at the right time to get it. The $219 is for brand new, I'm sure. Still a good deal at $219 - the Crosshair VII is Asus's top-end x470 board, and the latest BIOS already supports the Ryzen 3000 series chips.

Skipping out on x570 in favor of x470 causes you to lose out on PCIe 4.0 (probably anyway - see Gigabyte) and potentially top-end memory speeds beyond 3200 (again, maybe - no one knows for sure until the Ryzen 3000 on x470 reviews come out). It also causes you to not have to deal with the x570's chipset fan.

[RANT]Speaking of that chipset fan... WHY, ASUS!? WHY!? Why do your top end boards have this huge integrated armor over the chipset fan? Especially the Formula - it has integrated liquid blocks for the VRMs, for Jeebus's sake, and it has no real way to get rid of the chipset fan! You can't replace the fan with a small chipset cooling block if the fan shroud is a part of this huge armor plate.

Please make the chipset cover entirely separate from the rest of the board decoration/armor plating.[/RANT]

Last edited:
How far away is PCIe 4.0 for gamers? I thought current video cards can't even max out PCIe 3 at the moment? Will the next round of Nvidia cards leverage PCIe 4? I don't think it is a huge deal breaker for me. As far as memory faster than 3200, it isn't super terrible either. If I'm not mistaken prices jump after this speed anyway, right?

The big advantage of PCIe 4.0 right now is in PCIE 4.0 NVMe SSDs, not video cards. I mean, they are significantly faster, but you have to have a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD and that significance isn't very noticeable in terms of actually using the machine in any typical fashion. And yes, faster RAM is more expensive.

About that RAM:

Everyone will tell you that RAM speed is way more important to Ryzen performance than it is to Intel performance. This is true, but the reason WHY is because Ryzen chips are designed so that each cluster of cores (called a CCX and consisting of 4 cores, and every Ryzen has at least 2 CCXs - 1 or 2 cores are disabled on each CCX to make the <8 core count processors) communicates with each other using Infinity Fabric. The speed of this Infinity Fabric is matched to the speed of the memory controller, so faster RAM not only provides faster RAM access - it also, on Ryzen chips, improves the speed of communication between the CCXs. It's a double-whammy performance boost.

On Ryzen 3000 series chips, the Infinity Fabric speed is even more important because the CCXs for these have been divorced from all of the SoC and I/O bits they used to have - those functions were relegated to a separate 14nm "I/O" die. Each of those 7nm CCX "chiplet" modules you see in the pictures is 2 4-core CCXs bolted together (contrary to popular belief, each CCX is still only 4 cores). With Ryzen 3000 series AM4 chips, AMD takes 1 or 2 "chiplets" and that I/O die and connects them all together with Infinity Fabric. This means that Infinity Fabric speed is important for pretty much EVERYTHING on the CPU, not just intra-core communication across CCXs.

With the Ryzen 3000 series processors, AMD tweaked the integrated memory controller to officially support up to 3200 RAM (whereas before it only officially supported 2400 - people just overclocked their RAM to the higher speeds). Between the improved memory controller on the Ryzen chips and the improved memory layouts on x570 boards, one can theoretically get a lot higher RAM speeds out of these newest Ryzens (reportedly 4000+) - so much so that AMD themselves told everyone that with RAM speeds UP TO 3733 the RAM speed to Infinity Fabric speed ratio is 1:1. Greater than 3733 RAM speeds will result in Infinity Fabric using a divider to maintain stability.

What we don't know yet is this:

How much of that greater RAM performance is due to the memory controller tweaks on the I/O die in the actual Ryzen 3000 CPU, and how much of it is tied up in the design improvements implemented into the x570 chipset? If you can get RAM speeds on x470 boards up to 3600 or 3733 and maintain stability, you should get pretty much all of the performance there is in Ryzen 3000. If you can't, you'll be leaving a little bit on the table until you get the x570. We'll know for sure how this will fall when the review embargoes lift.

Personally, I still think x470 is the way to go especially if money is any kind of concern. Did I mention I REALLY hate that chipset cooler fan?

PCI-e 4.0 might be relevant in another generation (probably 2) of top tier cards like the 2080 Ti. It's not relevant today (even for 2080 Ti) for normal desktop gaming use case with a single GPU. Yes, the PCI-e 4 NVMe SSD are faster but again for desktop/gaming workload you won't perceive the marginal improvement in latency and the sequential read/write is only going to matter if you are working with 4-8K video regularly.

like this
Decent X470 board is the way to go, buildzoid has a video on which mobo's he thinks would work well with each CPU based on it's VRM design. I'm sticking with my X370 boards, Crosshair VI hero and Crosshair VI extreme for the upgrade. then again I bought them on the promise that they'd be compatible with this generation Ryzen. I'm glad AMD kept their promise.

And as for Asus using a chipset fan on their formula, I see 2 reason. 1st one is cost. 2 is then you have to watercool the board, and their watercooled board/graphic card have usually been hybrid. But I agree, that tiny chipset fan is annoying.

Last edited:
Great post and thank you for the explanation. I understood half of it, but I will take your word for it. Also, infinity fabric sounds like something straight out of the avengers.

I try to avoid 4K for now so I don't have to create proxies.

So, given mvmiller12's post, my understanding is that theoretically I need my RAM to get as close to 3600 as possible in order to maximize Ryzen 3's capability. The question I know have is how can I achieve this with an x470? What hardware will get me close?

I don't think I'm interested in PCI-e NVMe SSDs unless my current normal SSDs will create a huge bottleneck for the Ryzen 3000.

Great post and thank you for the explanation. I understood half of it, but I will take your word for it. Also, infinity fabric sounds like something straight out of the avengers.

I try to avoid 4K for now so I don't have to create proxies.

So, given mvmiller12's post, my understanding is that theoretically I need my RAM to get as close to 3600 as possible in order to maximize Ryzen 3's capability. The question I know have is how can I achieve this with an x470? What hardware will get me close?

I don't think I'm interested in PCI-e NVMe SSDs unless my current normal SSDs will create a huge bottleneck for the Ryzen 3000.

No one really knows yet, you'll have to wait for the reviews. Theoretically, much the dependency is on the integrated memory controller on the CPU itself which is much improved in Ryzen 2, so there should be improvements there, but the implementation of the memory design on each board also plays a factor, I have no issues pushing 4X8 GB 3200 on both of my boards with the later BIOS revisions but haven't tried to OC it any higher. If you go on overclock.net you'll see how varying board fare with high speed memory. BTW, AMD states that 3733 is the optimal speed, the highest the IF will go at a 1:1 ratio. 3600 is their price to performance leader.

Well, some data is starting to come through. Looks like mobos aren't too expensive. But now, after reading a few things, I'm really wondering if the i9900K doesn't make more sense so that I can keep my current motherboard.

Well, some data is starting to come through. Looks like mobos aren't too expensive. But now, after reading a few things, I'm really wondering if the i9900K doesn't make more sense so that I can keep my current motherboard.

If you are looking at the 9900K, you should also look into the 3900X. If you want to keep your current platform I'd say just grab a 9900K, but the 3900X will beat it in the vast majority of productivity workloads (the 3800X might even give it a good run, but we won't know until we see reviews). If gaming is what you do most of the time, go for the 9900K, but if productivity is your biggest usage I would strongly consider Zen 2. Above 1080p the gaming performance between the two is not exactly massively different.

like this
For my particular use case, the AsRock X570 Taichi seems to be the only board that really fits my needs. Which is frustrating because its crazy expensive and also has a ton of extras I don't need. (Such as WiFi AX)

However, because you have very different needs from me, you can probably just get one of the cheaper X570 boards and be fine. I'd error on the side of PCI-E 4.0 personally, just because it WILL eventually catch up, unless you feel like upgrading the mobo later on.

My thoughts on NVME Drives are they make a far more drastic difference than most people want to believe, but I also work with much larger amounts of data than most people on this website who seem to think "gaming" exclusively means multiplayer FPS games.

For my particular use case, the AsRock X570 Taichi seems to be the only board that really fits my needs. Which is frustrating because its crazy expensive and also has a ton of extras I don't need. (Such as WiFi AX)

However, because you have very different needs from me, you can probably just get one of the cheaper X570 boards and be fine. I'd error on the side of PCI-E 4.0 personally, just because it WILL eventually catch up, unless you feel like upgrading the mobo later on.

My thoughts on NVME Drives are they make a far more drastic difference than most people want to believe, but I also work with much larger amounts of data than most people on this website who seem to think "gaming" exclusively means multiplayer FPS games.

What does the Taichi has that you need?

8x SATA and 3X PCI-E 4x M.2

So far from what I've seen, only ASrock has any boards with 8 SATA ports, and out of their boards, just two of them seem to offer 3x M.2 drives (Taichi and Phantom Gaming X).

ASUS has a couple boards with 8 SATA ports, however none of them have 3 M.2 drives.

I know I could go with add-in cards for more SATA ports or NVME drives, but I'm gonna be utilizing my other full size PCI-E cards for a capture card, TV tuner and the GPU.

I need all the PCI-E bandwidth.

Last edited:
You can run a 3rd nvme drive on a riser if pch has 4x allocated to one of the spare x16 slots.

So $160 x570 will work unless you need $100+ more features the higher tier boards provide.

You could also use USB cards in 1x slots if you needed more, or options that aren't included.

It's a $ / benefit deal at that point, photo/video guys tend to be super picky about port# & type as well as chipset specifics that may not be part of a higher tier bill of materials.

You know, its hard to make motherboard recommendations until I've have worked with at least three or four options.
does it really matter that much in the last half dozen years. Besides the occasional feature mismatch or onboard soundcard, or two 1GB nics vs 1 --- peformance wise, and even driver wise anymore - I just haven't seen that it amounts to much at all. It's all shades of a single FPS or two in any benchmarks that I've seen.

For a causal like this with no super specific use case - just go for the cheapest option with the features you want.

I've used myself, and built systems having ASRock, Asus, Gigabyte, Biostar, MSI In the last few years -- I just don't think it really matters. All of them seem reliable. I haven’t had a weak performing board outside of locked down model in an OEM like Dell or HP in probably over a decade. All of them are mostly margin of error performance deltas between like same chipsets. Some might run a littler hotter, or have more LED light options, 2 vs. 1 NVME port, etc. But at the end of the day they all work right? Heck, top to bottom of the lineup on the x570 it's rumored some of these companies will be using the same VRMs. So basically it's namebrand namesake you are paying for in this day and age --- right?

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Asus Prime x570-Pro for $249.99 and the Asus ROG Strix x570 - F Gaming for who knows what price. They both have the same power delivery rated at 200 amps as shown above in the Reddit link. The only thing the ROG board has above the Prime that I care about is the USB flashback, but if I'm starting with Ryzen 3900x, that shouldn't matter at all. I don't care about audio as I have an external solution. I'm sure the ROG BIOS also has some extras, but I'm looking at running PBO.

Edit: fixed pricing.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Asus Prime x570-Pro and the Asus ROG Strix x570 - F Gaming for $249.99. They both have the same power delivery rated at 200 amps as shown above in the Reddit link. The only thing the ROG board has above the Prime that I care about is the USB flashback, but if I'm starting with Ryzen 3900x, that shouldn't matter at all. I don't care about audio as I have an external solution. I'm sure the ROG BIOS also has some extras, but I'm looking at running PBO.

Where are you seeing a Strix X570 F for $249?

He has got to be looking at the MC deal + coupon or credit card pts.
Buncha guys on Reddit are already plotting crazy couponer style discounts and really involved ways to get just a cpu upgrade into their builds.

I'm not seeing a price on the Strix at all. Sorry for the confusion. The Prime is $249.99. I'm guessing that bottom tier Strix will be $300? I'm trying to justify the Prime over the Strix since they both have the same power delivery system. I fixed my post.

8x SATA and 3X PCI-E 4x M.2

So far from what I've seen, only ASrock has any boards with 8 SATA ports, and out of their boards, just two of them seem to offer 3x M.2 drives (Taichi and Phantom Gaming X).

ASUS has a couple boards with 8 SATA ports, however none of them have 3 M.2 drives.

I know I could go with add-in cards for more SATA ports or NVME drives, but I'm gonna be utilizing my other full size PCI-E cards for a capture card, TV tuner and the GPU.

I need all the PCI-E bandwidth.

I'm a Taichi fan, having both the X370 and Z370 models. My main concern with the X570 Taichi is that current reviews show it drawing significantly more power than other boards, apparently because it may be pushing more voltage to get higher clocks (according to Tom's Hardware, at least). That might be a setting or BIOS issue, however, which can be corrected. I'm seriously debating buying one even with that known "issue," but I'll have to read some additional reviews.

I snagged a 3900X yesterday from Amazon and need to do SOMETHING in terms of a motherboard. I have two X370 boards now: 1) X370 Taichi with a Ryzen 1700X 2) A Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K5 with a 1500X which is basically unused. Both boards support the 3900X, but the X370 Taichi is in a compact Riotoro case for LAN gaming portability and I'm a bit concerned with the increased heat that a 3900X may pump into it especially since air cooling is my only real option at this stage in that case. The Gaming K5 is a piece of junk IMO, which has turned me off of Gigabyte after being a fan for years - though, in fairness, calling it a "piece of junk" is probably not accurate - if you're not tweaking, overclocking, etc, it is probably an "OK" board and may be what I use for the 3900X since it likely won't be my main system.

I dunno, my experience this far with an Asrock board and as hungry as the X570's are for power.... I'd wait for reviews on that for sure.

I'm a Taichi fan, having both the X370 and Z370 models. My main concern with the X570 Taichi is that current reviews show it drawing significantly more power than other boards, apparently because it may be pushing more voltage to get higher clocks (according to Tom's Hardware, at least). That might be a setting or BIOS issue, however, which can be corrected. I'm seriously debating buying one even with that known "issue," but I'll have to read some additional reviews.

I snagged a 3900X yesterday from Amazon and need to do SOMETHING in terms of a motherboard. I have two X370 boards now: 1) X370 Taichi with a Ryzen 1700X 2) A Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K5 with a 1500X which is basically unused. Both boards support the 3900X, but the X370 Taichi is in a compact Riotoro case for LAN gaming portability and I'm a bit concerned with the increased heat that a 3900X may pump into it especially since air cooling is my only real option at this stage in that case. The Gaming K5 is a piece of junk IMO, which has turned me off of Gigabyte after being a fan for years - though, in fairness, calling it a "piece of junk" is probably not accurate - if you're not tweaking, overclocking, etc, it is probably an "OK" board and may be what I use for the 3900X since it likely won't be my main system.

that's a bios issue, MSI has/had the same problem from what i saw and i wouldn't be surprised if all of them had the problem as far as review samples go, sets every processor to 1.495v by default even though you don't need more than 1.35v at 4.3Ghz all core on the 3900x and 1.25-1.3v @ 4.3Ghz for the 3700x. that being said i haven't really been a fan of asrocks bios support.. sometimes they're on the ball sometimes you wonder if they even give a crap about their customers.. that being said this x370 taichi will probably be my last asrock board for a while, probably going to move over to the gigabyte x570 master or ultra but realistically hardware wise can't really go wrong with any of the manufactures this time around. bios, features, price are pretty much the big 3 things that matter this time since all of them are pretty much running overkill VRM setups all the way down to the sub 200 dollar boards.

Same with the crosshair VIII based on Jayz2Cents latest 3900X OC video (bios auto settings over volting)

does it really matter that much in the last half dozen years. Besides the occasional feature mismatch or onboard soundcard, or two 1GB nics vs 1 --- peformance wise, and even driver wise anymore - I just haven't seen that it amounts to much at all. It's all shades of a single FPS or two in any benchmarks that I've seen.

For a causal like this with no super specific use case - just go for the cheapest option with the features you want.

I've used myself, and built systems having ASRock, Asus, Gigabyte, Biostar, MSI In the last few years -- I just don't think it really matters. All of them seem reliable. I haven’t had a weak performing board outside of locked down model in an OEM like Dell or HP in probably over a decade. All of them are mostly margin of error performance deltas between like same chipsets. Some might run a littler hotter, or have more LED light options, 2 vs. 1 NVME port, etc. But at the end of the day they all work right? Heck, top to bottom of the lineup on the x570 it's rumored some of these companies will be using the same VRMs. So basically it's namebrand namesake you are paying for in this day and age --- right?

I wouldn't agree with this entirely. The biggest difference between board models and brands are the various integrated features. Essentially, your paying for dual NICs, more NVMe support and even RAID functionality. If you don't want that, then there isn't a massive difference dropping to a lower priced board for the most part. At stock settings you won't see any major differences when it comes to general performance one because the motherboard contains very little that impacts performance that's not common to all motherboards in that family. The real issue comes down to the user experience, VRM design and at least on the AMD side, boost clocking can vary based on the motherboard when using PBO instead of PB2. The differences aren't necessarily huge, but it depends on the kind of user you are. If your looking to squeeze out every last once of performance, then you'll see different results on different boards. You might want those extra overclocking features on higher end motherboards. VRM temps and current capability do impact your overclocking. Quality of firmware impacts the user experience and so on.

VRM quality can be radically different, but I haven't seen that have a massive impact on overclocking. Where I think that comes into play is in certain environmental conditions that may be warmer than average. It may also impact motherboard longevity. Unfortunately, we can't test that in a review. I've seen cheaper boards pushing overclocks die earlier than higher end ones, but that's my experience and I'll be the first to admit anecdotes aren't evidence.

At launch, basically every board is pushing too much voltage on the CPU. I saw 1.5v routinely on automatic settings. I confirmed many times that nothing over 1.35v was needed to push an all core overclock on my 3900X.

that's a bios issue, MSI has/had the same problem from what i saw and i wouldn't be surprised if all of them had the problem as far as review samples go, sets every processor to 1.495v by default even though you don't need more than 1.35v at 4.3Ghz all core on the 3900x and 1.25-1.3v @ 4.3Ghz for the 3700x.

Exactly.

Same with the crosshair VIII based on Jayz2Cents latest 3900X OC video (bios auto settings over volting)

I can confirm this is pretty much the case.

Anyone else update latest bios on an earlier Mobo and see anything weird in their voltages?

I'm wondering if this is x570 specific, or something that is in the latest build.

I guess I could update my b450 board after BO4 is done downloading later tonight.

Anyone else update latest bios on an earlier Mobo and see anything weird in their voltages?

I'm wondering if this is x570 specific, or something that is in the latest build.

I guess I could update my b450 board after BO4 is done downloading later tonight.

A friend of mine updated his BIOS on his ASUS Crosshair VII Hero to support Ryzen 3000 series processors. His voltages are all over the place. They are spiking much higher than is generally needed. The thing is, I don't know if it was like this before the update.

Back