Mobius 5 drive external array lags on loading (For XP11 sim fps way down for 5 minutes)?

Discussion in 'SSDs & Data Storage' started by markm75, May 10, 2018.

1. markm75

markm75 Gawd

I've been using the mobius 5 disk array now for awhile.. i get very good performance to and from it, via the esata connection to an esata 6 gb pciex1 card..

What made me realize there is some issue (and also have write caching turned on for added performance).. is that for Xplane 11.. i house all my photoscenery ortho on this array of drives.. when the sim loads up, normally you see full fps right away or very soon after loading.. but when using the raid array it takes up to 5 minutes before a jump of 20 fps occurs.. (constant thrashing of the array during the time then it stops)..

I monitored with process explorer.. it shows its still loading the tiles/photoscenery during the 5 mins.. same exact load test with an internal drive and it stops as the sim opens the situation with no lag.

Wondering if anyone has ran into this in general or knows of another thing to test to try to eliminate the issue? I may try the usb 3.0 but that may not help. Worst case i make the array my backup and the internal dynamic drive(s) my main source.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance