Mobile PCIe HDTV Tuner

forcemac101

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been looking for an HDTV tuner for the internal bay of my laptop, similar to this one:

http://www.artectv.com/ehtm/products/pc5a.htm

Link says OEM only, but has anyone found a place that sells something like this...I can't seem to find one....I have a USB stick..but I'd really like to play around with an internal model...I think Lite On makes one for an ASUS laptop..but again...can't seem to find one by itself..

Do you have PCMCIA/PCCard or ExpressCard? Might be easier to find, and will allow for a coax connection.

i do, but I have a smart card reader in it...plus I'd like to minimize things I plug in...so far my laptop has internal wifi, bluetooth, webcam, smart card reader, and both my mouse and headphones run off bluetooth. I even bluetooth my internet connection from my Motorola Q if I am in a no Wifi area...

I really like to avoid wires...

Assuming it's acceptable to only use the tuner on your home network, get an HDhomerun. It doesn't reside in the pc/laptop at all.

How exactly do you plan to get an antenna to that thing?

something i want to try the internal card for....I wonder how these manufacturers that make these cards are expecting to make them work. Most HD signals need at least some significantly sized antenna...how to make a comparably performing one fit inside a laptop is a good question....maybe I can run a wire inside the chassis..

Back