Mobile HardForum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I know many of you have been asking for Tapatalk or this or that integration, and we thank you for your patience in our "non-action." Here is what we will be using. Both iOS and Android applications will be rolled out to our HardForum users for free.

http://www.vbulletin.com/mobile/

Looks nice, thanks!! the Hard mobile seemed really outdated. i think this will be a nice upgrade.

Looks nice, thanks!! the Hard mobile seemed really outdated. i think this will be a nice upgrade.

I liked [H] mobile as it is today since it didn't have that stupid silly lag Tapatalk has. Waiting to see if the tablet versions of the apps will actually be decent.

I really like the way the page renders on the iphone browser, but I will give this a shot.

I think native VB integration should show to be the best for our users. Of course we will be tweaking along the way and getting feedback from you guys.

Outstanding.. I have the mobile view of the forum up on my phone pretty much all the time..

I liked [H] mobile as it is today since it didn't have that stupid silly lag Tapatalk has. Waiting to see if the tablet versions of the apps will actually be decent.

Considering how well tablets handle the site at stock i cant see why you would want such an app.

Even on the 7 inch nook color the site looks great.

Considering how well tablets handle the site at stock i cant see why you would want such an app.

Even on the 7 inch nook color the site looks great.

This is truly for phones, not tablets....

That looks cool.
I was just about to ask that the only thing the mobile version of the site needed was a custom icon so it would look good when added a home-screen app on the iPhone.
That looks much slicker though.

There is a mobile version of this site? What is the address? I'm constantly on here with my non-smartphone.

Edit: nm, just discovered the dropdown list on the bottom of the page...

Very cool. I've been hoping that you'd add something like this eventually. The mobile skin is nice for keeping bandwidth consumption down, but didn't address readability issues associated with viewing it on a small screen.

Thanks a bunch

I've been WAITING for something like this! [H] is one of the, like, 3 sites I actually visit from my Android phones web browser.

So if I'm reading correctly - there will be an actual [H] app for the iPhone and Android-based phones? Or is it gonna be just a separate site in and of itself for mobile users?

I've been WAITING for something like this! [H] is one of the, like, 3 sites I actually visit from my Android phones web browser.

So if I'm reading correctly - there will be an actual [H] app for the iPhone and Android-based phones? Or is it gonna be just a separate site in and of itself for mobile users?

Did you click the link in the OP?

Yes I did, I'm just trying to clear up whether it's simply an online-based "app" accessible from a browser or if it's an actual, dedicated app that we can download to our mobile devices.

The standard web version of [H] runs like butter off a hot knife on my Nokia N8, but the mobile [H] runs even better.......like butter off a really really hot knife :)

I keep [H] on my opera start page for [H]ardcore access.

Last edited:
Yes I did, I'm just trying to clear up whether it's simply an online-based "app" accessible from a browser or if it's an actual, dedicated app that we can download to our mobile devices.

Thats answered pretty clearly in the link. They show a video of it in action and its definitely not being done in the browser.

Sweet, looking forward to this very much.

I was worried [H] was going to pull a smartphone version of the early 90's Microsoft when MS ignored the world wide web for a while in it's beginnings. :D

Any hope on this for wp7? Thats the one platform that actually needs it. IE does not rearrange/resize text when zoomed like iOS and android does.

Any hope on this for wp7? Thats the one platform that actually needs it. IE does not rearrange/resize text when zoomed like iOS and android does.

Shouldn't be long. Vbulletin just recently started offering their mobile suite, and iOS and android were the first to be made.

So is this hot & I am just missing how to do it, or is there no mobile love atm?

Currently you can select our default forum mobile design at the bottom left hand menu. Apps soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back