Mobile games are shit

Nebell

2[H]4U
Mobile gaming will never catch up to pc gaming.

The reason are all those F2P games which are barely games.
They actually all have auto mode and a way to spend money. A lot of money.
It's basically gambling. They are addictive but for a simple reason, so you would spend money.
They have minimal development but prey on people's addiction.
And no, I am not suspectible to gambling or spending a lot of money on F2P mobile games. I am just thinking.

I am not sure how are PC lootboxes are being forbidden in some places but mobile games are allowed to run this scam?

Based on your premise, I think the game I am going to recommend might fall into the category your critiques are targeting, however I will still recommend it.

Fortnite.

F2P? Check. Way to spend a lot of money (however not exactly loot boxes)? Check.

Only reason why I’m mentioning this as a game that might stand up against your “Mobile Games Are Sh%#” argument, is because this is the first mobile game (phone, not actual mobile device designed only for gaming, i.e. PSP) I actually thoroughly enjoy — and it just works!

I understand OP's gripe with mobile games, but perhaps the titles should be renamed to "F2P mobile games are shit." Mostly because there are actually some great mobile games such as "The Room" series, Monument Valley 1 & 2, Mario Run, Osmos, Smash Hit.... Basically you have to buy the games that you can actually buy. Incredibly rarely do I download a "free" game out of curiosity. Just do your research and just makes sure you purchase actual games. Oh, and Final Fantasy 15 Portable Edition is incredible too. There are definitely great mobile games out there... you just have to know what you're getting into.

I understand OP's gripe with mobile games, but perhaps the titles should be renamed to "F2P mobile games are shit." Mostly because there are actually some great mobile games such as "The Room" series, Monument Valley 1 & 2, Mario Run, Osmos, Smash Hit.... Basically you have to buy the games that you can actually buy. Incredibly rarely do I download a "free" game out of curiosity. Just do your research and just makes sure you purchase actual games. Oh, and Final Fantasy 15 Portable Edition is incredible too. There are definitely great mobile games out there... you just have to know what you're getting into.
Finished monument valley and playing the room 1 .. simple, decent games... Don't disagree with nebell though a lot of crap in mobile.... And its just a matter of how you interact with the game, a touch screen in a small screen at that is limiting in many ways.

Finished monument valley and playing the room 1 .. simple, decent games... Don't disagree with nebell though a lot of crap in mobile.... And its just a matter of how you interact with the game, a touch screen in a small screen at that is limiting in many ways.

Not gonna disagree, but I always play games on my phone that work really well with touch. Like I tried FPS games, and sports games, and my fingers just get in the way too much. When I am sitting on the shitter (which is honestly the only time and place I play mobile games), i'll go for Solitaire, or the Room, or something... There are plenty of games out there too that work great on mobile, but for every good one there is maybe a couple dozen that are shit.

I agree, mobile games are largely not even games.

I think that most of the good games on mobile are ports of old console or PC games to mobile. Some decent ones that I have installed are these:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Syberia
Pocket Tanks
Bard's Tale
Old RPGs

Everyone has its own preference. Some of them are comfortable playing games on PC other are comfortable on handheld devices mostly mobile phones.

No one is forcing the players to spend money on a game! It merely the player's fault for having a weak mindset

Most mobile games are just time sinks. I especially don't understand the obsession with freemium pay2win strategy war games like Clash of Clans and Lords Mobile.

Most PC > mobile ports are fine. It's pure mobile game experience that is shit.

Also, those F2P Asian PC games with stuff like 7-day/30-day limited costumes.... cancer, pure cancer.

I would pay good money for quality mobile games. Mobile seems to be the only quality time I have to play nowadays and it's a virtual desert out there for quality games that aren't microtransactioned to the hilt.

Unfortunately, devs can't see the light as they think F2P games are the only way to make money.

I play Eternium occasionally, and it is a decent ARPG. The currency is "gems" but you get a ton of them from just playing, and especially if you click the "loot boxes" that have you watch an ad (around 30 seconds) and gives you 5 gems.
Nowadays i just remote desktop from my tablet into a local PC and play some of my older (more simplistic) games.

Pokemon Go rocks anyway you put it....the only reason I don't play it currently costs 30.00 a month to play and I have to keep activating my phone plus it causes me eyestrain after a while.

I think the general consensus is that Pokemon Go is actually really bad and disappointing

I just like the idea of hanging out at remote locations collecting the things I went to the park last year I went to a bunch of parks and some guy said I bet that guy is playing that Pokemon Go game there is nothing down here. He was right and I did find a few Pokemon down in the park minus the mud and hill climbing. I went to the local graveyard and got a 2nd Gen Pokemon that spawned there =)

I could listen to this for years the best 8bit music Niantic can make =)
With mobile you have a limited platform due to screen size so you can only do so much but ask the makers of Fortnight if they are complaining.

Last edited:
Back