mobile device management

mngl1500

2[H]4U
So what are you guys all using for MDM?

Right now we are iOS only.
I have been sitting on the fence waiting and just using the crappy Apple find my phone, and activesync with exchange server 2010. Other than disable activesync for users without company provided phones because we do not want to get into the whole wiping someone's personal phone if they should misplace it/leave the company.

I just read today that Spiceworks 7 (7 beta 1 will be in late May) will have MDM because of using MaaS360. There will be some free basic stuff or for a premium you can add on to it.

We use Kaseya which recently introduced MDM. I will say it is not trouble free, but at the very least it works to track the device. At best it will send SMS, allow profile provisioning en masse, remote wipe, etc.

we use MaaS360 but it does not do encryption, so we are shopping around.

McAfee has a good product, but it's also like $70/device whereas MaaS360 is around $5/device.

We use JAMF but it is iOS only keep that in mind. Works great for what we use it for.

Meraki System Manager is free; it will manage iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX.
InTune has mobile device management, I believe for iOS, Android, and WindowsPhone8. I know they have a Windows client, not sure about other OSes.

I don't have any customers requesting MDM, so I haven't used it for devices large scale.

Back