[MNPCTech] Project: Rebel Alliance CMII

I love those cuts on the front, I myself love the look of black brushed aluminum(anodized?) but that is a sick build, shame many of us cannot afford such things, but they are pretty fly to look at, art is in the eye of those who see it, and for the rest of us to enjoy looking :)

Amazing work and talent. I'm glad this made the front page since I rarely get to this part of the forum. I am seriously envious of your skills.

Front page? COOL! Thanks for checking out the build and commenting!

Andrew was able to get back into the shop, so we can make more headway on his build. We recorded footage for Part 4 of the "Rebel A" highlight videos we've been sharing on YouTube. I'll post some screen captures this week. Here is the details on the cover created for the lower section of the Cosmos II chassis. It has two 120mm fan holes. The side air vents were taken from an old chassis I had. The fans are Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Case Fan- 1,850 rpm, 28 dba, 58.3 cfm with painted blades. The cover fastens in place with Thumbscrews

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_4.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_5.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_window_clear_panel_door_mnpctech_rebel2.jpg

Here is what the lower cover and Clear side panel looks like installed on the Cosmos II. It's cnc machined from .5" thick Chemcast Cast Acrylic with two 120mm fan holes with fastener holes for your own fan grills.

FrozenCPU is offering Cosmos II Clear Side Panels, with and without fan holes

cst-1403.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feature guys! We hit a few snags in the project but are back up and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll look back in the thread and see if I missed posting any more updates :)

I've been watching this build for a while now, love where its going. Can't wait for more updates!

Thanks for watching and sticking with us, Felix!

Fitting vandal switches in the bezel...

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_9a.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_9b.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_9c.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_9d.jpg

Ha - Are we having a contest to see who has the heaviest computer? E.E.L's has us beat, but what's new. Looking Historic Bro!.

infin@, Thank you for the post!

@onevoice, it's gonna be a close Runner up! hahahaha

The bezel was cnc machined from 1.5" block of aluminum. I think it would be cool to leave the center portions of the grill intakes bare aluminum... After taping them off, a base coat of self-etching primer was applied before the Grey color coat. That was later topped with FLAT clear coat

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush4.jpg

Looks beautiful, wish I had half the talent that you do. I think I need to order some of your handles and some case feet to really make my build stand out.

Keep it up, I bet Andrew is getting pretty stoked.

Thank you EQWoody, and Andrew is really psyched to get it done, me too... I've got a pile of other commitments, including my own build...haha

That front bezel has more work in it than a lot of whole computers. Deep thought into this build. Miss you being around all the time Andrew but we all have to pay the bills. You have to do something with all that higher education!

I want to attend PDXLAN, and meet all of you guys, it's the SEMA show for Custom PCs... and would never want to attend as a Vendor, I would rather hang & BS with everyone...I'm on tight budget for vacation time this year, until I get existing commitments finished.

@onevoicewild, Thanks Bro! and we're both looking forward to seeing this finished..

So here is the airbrushing stage, I've been mentored by our painter Brad in "The ways of the airbrush"...I've been working on the basics like shadowing, bolt heads, bullet holes. I'm using a Iwata HP-CH airbrush gun with Black Enamel paint.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush5.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush6.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush7.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush8.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush9.jpg

The airbrushing really brought that piece to life. Looks really good. Can't wait to see more from this build.

Agreed with above, I really liked in unpainted but with the airbrushing it just pops. Nice work.

Thank you for tuning and posting your comments guys!

I gave the 5 empty holes around the fan hubs a more industrial look. I had just enough of the Red anodized socket screws left. Twizted used to sell these under his old company DragonModz, and unfortunately he doesn't have any more available. The grommets were taken from HD cages... I think they're from the Corsair C70 I cannibalized..lol

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_red_anodized1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_red_anodized2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_red_anodized3.jpg

Bill, it is looking fantastic! All the little details on the front bezel look awesome.

Thanks for the comments guys!! :D

we're getting there, slowly but surely...The front 480 bezel is finished! We'll be installing it onto the front when the vandal switches arrive this weekend.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_bezel_fitting1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_bezel_fitting2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_bezel_fitting3.jpg

It sounds like the vandal switches won't be arriving on time for us to install the bezel this weekend, so we'll have to wait till next week for that. This weekend we'll be working connecting all of the fans and PSU cable management

Here is some screen shots from footage Andrew and I recorded while working on Part4 of "Rebel A" video.. this was few days before we painted the bezel.
cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew3.jpg

http://www.mnpctech.3dpixelnet.com/picture_library/cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew4.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.mnpctech.3dpixelnet.com/picture_library/cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew7.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew5.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew6.jpg

Thank you for watching and commenting moto!

we're working on cable management next, and if all goes as planned, you'll just see the connections along the edges of the motherboard....

WOW . . . Amazing. Can't really think of anything else to say so I'll say it again AMAZING :)

This is some great work and epic attention to detail. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Cheers

Fen

OK I thought painting the front bezel was going to kill it but boy was I wrong. It looks way better painted than I could have even imagined. Can't wait to see everything come together.

Thanks guys! the vandal switches arrived, so we should have the bezel installed this weekend. I will share update as soon we have more photos :)

It sounds like the vandal switches won't be arriving on time for us to install the bezel this weekend, so we'll have to wait till next week for that. This weekend we'll be working connecting all of the fans and PSU cable management

Here is some screen shots from footage Andrew and I recorded while working on Part4 of "Rebel A" video.. this was few days before we painted the bezel.
{snip}
cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew4.jpg

{snip}

I decided to fix one of your pics, the closing tag wasn't complete, now 4 will work.

Thank you Joker.

I'm looking forward to Andrew and I getting back into the Workshop this weekend, so we should have updates on Monday, :)

Made more headway yesterday. Andrew finished the CPU loop and filled it. We had one leak from a connection not fully tightened, FYI: Surgical Gloves are great for griping and tightening "knurled" compression fittings and you won't shred your finger tips.

Hes currently pondering Evga's GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper cards when released, unless EK will make blocks for the Classified, which we're doubting.. In meantime, hes running my old ATI Radeon 4890 from my old Wolfenstein build, which oddly fits the color theme of this build.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_filling_loop1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_filling_loop2.jpg

Andrew ordered 3x 780 EVGA Classifieds yesterday, we're back on track :clap:

We're installing Bitfenix Alchemy & Phoyba RGB LED Strips, we started installation yesterday while recording video, I grabbed a couple stills while focusing primarily on tidying wires and cables behind the motherboard...

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_phoyba_rgb_lights1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_rebel_august_bitfenix_alchemy1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_rebel_august_bitfenix_alchemy2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_rebel_august_bitfenix_alchemy3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_ek_bitspower_koolance_fitting_block_andrew_rebel_august_bitfenix_alchemy4.jpg

Back