Mmorts?

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Ripped from Shacknews:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/36353

Computer Games Magazine is reporting that Stardock is working on a massively multiplayer real-time strategy game, which will be free to play. According to Stardock head Brad Wardell, the game will sort of be 'The Sims meets Total Annihilation.'

For this man to invoke the name of the greatest game ever made, this better be good. I'm not quite sure how an RTS is going to fit into a MMO universe though. What happens when someone's base gets wiped out? Do you start anew? What will prevent the schmo with the biggest/baddest base from wiping everyone out? Overall, the concept is interesting.

Shattered Galaxy was an interesting game based on the MMORTS idea. I don't remember how good it actually was, but I remember hearing good things at the time.

its RTS because yes it is virtually real time strategy... but then again your troops (friends) won't always neccesarily listen to you. And you can't build them or always have them available. Heh. :p

I think if done right it could work very well.

I've always wanted one.

They could have it so basically your "character" in game advances rank as you progress, with higher ranks you are able to control more troops.

You can get troops, which will over-time become vets as they survive battles, etc.

So basically, you'd start out at the "squad" lv, controlling a small squad of men. Then advance in rank, up to controlling platoons/companies, etc.

Imagine being able to take Veteran units and making them commanders, etc.

It would be great if done right.

Back