MMO Powerleveling/Gold Transfer

ServerKing

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone actually used any of these services to level up your character before? And if so were you able to still play not being banned? I just wondered how these companies stay in business if the game admins track all this stuff. Or how they even make money doing it.

it is against all the TOS's but people still do it. Basically the people selling the gold have characters that just farm gold. you pay them for x amount of gold and they mail it to you in game. not sure if they track it, if they do they would track by the username I would assume. but most of the responses you will get will be like the one I am going to give. if you dont have the time to play it honestly and the way it was meant to be played then dont do it. you can tell when someone has purchased gold or a leveled character from ebay because they usually suck at the game seeing as how they never played it before taking ownership of the high level toon. in the end the short answer is just dont take the chance by doing it and you wont get banned and will more than likely have much more fun with the game.

I've bought gold once. I got 100gold so I could purchase my mount back when I had first started. The company had me pick a specific time I was going to be logged in, I logged in at the time I told them I would, I then recieved a tell from someone ingame, they invited me a group and met me in Org and traded me the gold.

Did so once in Lineage 2, the only game ever I was not able to afford the gear I wanted to (and couldn't be bothered to grind ingame cash either).

In games like WoW, EQ2 or EvE for example I don't understand the need as you allways have ingame cash to spare.... L2 on the other hand, I hated that grind, it was 10 times worse than EQ 1 ever was, both money and exp.

i bought gold once back in the day (when you could still sell those warrior sword quest books for like 1k G) cause it was only $25 per 1k so i got 5k gold lol, not having to farm for raid mats freed up more time for pvp and i needed a shitload of runecloth for darnassus rep. It was painless and i received it within 1 hour.

i just sold my friends 70 rogue to a farmer last night for $200... hahahaha

he was willing to pay $15 a day to rent it too, but i didn't want to hassle with it since it wasnt my account

I am assuming you are talking about WoW, so no I haven't. In EQ I used a website called www.irnewb.com to transfer platinum pieces from one server to another for a nominal fee though. Some people will do it also, but be weary of them...

Well not just WOW I played lotro and surprised by the blatant advertising some of these sites do. Thats why I dont understand it why advertise something in the companys game that could get you banned?

Hellgate London has constant spamming in every chat channel about being able to buy in game money and power leveling. Of course, the user base is so ridiculously small in that game it was someting like $00.00007 for 1 Palladium.

Hellgate London has constant spamming in every chat channel about being able to buy in game money and power leveling. Of course, the user base is so ridiculously small in that game it was someting like $00.00007 for 1 Palladium.

It's madness to powerlevel through WoW.. 0-70 is the most fun you'll ever have in that game. Buying gold makes some sense (assuming the game means that much to you) when you have this choice in front of you: kill X monster/farm X item repeat 10000 times or spend 20$ and keep the 8 hours of time it saved you. None of this makes sense for a "game" of course, but WoW is more of a vice than a liesure activity.

Aeon- those spam messages in Hellgate are driving me (#@*(*%& crazy. I just started and havnt figured out how to ignore yet. I'm still new but I'd never buy money in that game.. its just more fun to go do it myself.

Type /ignore then the person's name. The only problem is that once you log off and back on none of the ignores are saved.

In any game if you don't know how to make money, you'll just keep buying from them. Also, it can lead to inflation. FFXI had a problem with this because it has a serious economic system that is entirely player driven. Since a major effort has been made against RMT the value of Gil has dropped about 10:1. I.e. what use to cost 5M now costs 500K.

Well not just WOW I played lotro and surprised by the blatant advertising some of these sites do. Thats why I dont understand it why advertise something in the companys game that could get you banned?

They are either trial accounts or accounts that they got from keyloggers.

i dont know if im allowed to do this but...i recently stoped playing wow...how would i go about selling a character?

I've never used a powerleveling service but I did end up buy gold for my epic mount back in the day. Just didnt want to spend the time farming gold. With the time saved I enjoyed BGs instead. Some would call it a moral misjudgement but I play to have fun and not to farm. Glad I quit a while back though.

You can get way more on ebay.

ebay stopped allowing sales of WoW characters quite a while back. unless you're really discreet about it they'll delete your auction.

but back to the topic. in WoW i've used powerleveling, honor grinding, and gold services and have had pretty good luck with all of them. i haven't played the game in 9 months so blizzard may have gotten better at banning people since. a couple years ago i leveled my paladin from 1-54 myself but then just couldn't take it anymore and handed it over to some people to take him to 60, i think it only cost about 30 bucks if i remember right. my only bad experience came when i had some site level me a warlock from 1-60. i made the mistake of having him as a member of my guild and for some reason when he was almost 60 they went out and griefed my own guild members and almost got me kicked out before i explained the situation. nothing but good experiences buying gold, i ordered in quantities of 100 to 1000 and had no problems at all.

I've never had a problem buying gold. Usually got it in a couple hours after ordering. I recently sold a lvl 70 priest for 452.00.

Damn thats alot of loot for a character, but considering the amount of time you put in good amount.

In any game if you don't know how to make money, you'll just keep buying from them. Also, it can lead to inflation

This wasn't the cause of the 2005 inflation. The actual problem was due to 3 main bugs.

The first bug was you could buy an item from a certain NPC then sell it back to the same NPC for about 5% more than it cost to buy.

The second issue was the fishing bug where you could always fish up rusty caps whether you were at water or not. So what did people do? Made a script that fished for them right next to an npc in a city with no water, fill the inventory, then sell to the NPC. Go AFK and come back with millions of gil.

Both of these bugs generated new gil (gil not previously owned by players). Both bugs were mainly the result of the last exploit which was a duping exploit when you could use the bazaar to make extra items. Have a Kraken Club? Lookie there, now there's 2 Kraken Clubs!

But yea, since then SE has waged RMT Jihad against gilselelrs and the economy is greatly under control.

To the OP: just don't be stupid about it if you are going to do it or the MMO will ban you.

I had a couple of WoW characters powerleveled last year, and have purchased gold on several occasions as have in-game acquaintances and real-life friends. However, gold is far, FAR easier to come by in the expansion, what with daily quests and the like, so barely anyone really buys it anymore. Most of the people who've told me they bought gold in the expansion did so to get their epic flying mount.

These days, most services will not mail you money due to the delays in the mail system Blizzard implemented; they will send you a whisper and you meet them for a face-to-face trade. They also don't give you the entire amount at once, instead opting to spread it out over a period of time, probably to avoid any red flags going up from a Level 1 Gnome named "Byztayshz" trading 7,000 gold to a level 70.

I dont plan on doing it, but was curious about how people got away with such things especially with the channel spamming and stupid urls that are easily searchable on google. And since ebay stopped selling stuff like that one would think companies would be able to crack down harder on farmers and power levelers.

Blizzard is getting smart about gold buying now. Not only are they delaying mail an hour from account to account to scan for potential ToS violators, they also will hold TRADES of gold of large sums. Many gold farmers will now trade with you directly instead of mailing the hold to avoid getting caught. However, if someone trades 5K in gold for example, the money will immediately disappear from your inventory so Blizzard can investigate the transaction. This can lead to a few days before even seeing your gold.

Blizzard should do what CCP does; use time cards in exchange for gold. This way it would eliminate a lot of gold sellers. The person would just buy the time card from Blizzard and auction it for gold. I'm sure Blizzard could do this.

There was a time when gold was actually hard to get and you'd buy it to have your 1000g mount. This was like two years ago when there were no dailies, little profit to be made from crafting (outside of a few BoE recipes), and the best way to make money was farming EPL for epics. You can make well over 100g now from daily quests, and sell the Primal Nethers you get from heroics. I bought about $100 in gold in 2005 that did me for months, buying gold for your epic flyer today would cost several hundred dollars.

Powerleveling 1-60 is about $150ish and is a pretty good deal, but only if you're rerolling.

Back