mmm pron

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
Time to teach those whipper snappers at evga a lesson rofl

3334908956_4e588b18dc_b.jpg

wow!

An i7 !

I like!

Why the GTX295? I have not stayed current on the GPU scene.

gtx295 is the best card for folding... sucks arse for gaming though..

btw if that 30" display goes missing.. IT WAS ME!!!

dangit i need to replace my 2 24's with some 30's.. and people say a 24" display is to big... its only to big if ya never owned one before :p

the gtx 295 is about the best dual core gpu around right now because it's a dual vid card:)

its exactly on par with the 4870x2 when it comes to gaming.. folding.. its a whole different story.. but mostly because of the way the point system is setup between ATI and nvidia..

Here's to "whippin' the snappers". That is some beautiful lookin' gear 84gthatch.
Best of luck and thanks for folding for the [H]orde :p

DCing for the CURE

BTW, why the Gateway and not any other 30"? Value for the number of features?

it seemed to fall within about the right price range and i had previous good experience with there 24" model so i figured why not.

that hsf is laughable! nice build though, wish i had the cash for that stuff, congrats

Lookin good. Now where's the case? :p
I considered the Gateway but chose the Dell when I decided my 2407 was too small. :)

haha the case was shipped from new jersey everything else was shipped from like down the street from my house so it's neked cause no case is here.

as far as the screens i dunno i'm kind of a screen noob :D

yes the Heat sink is small but i'll get another one soon so i can mebbe OC it a bit and get this thing cranking at 25k ppd or so with this rig

Lemme know how your PPD look on the i720 if you run the SMP client. I'm currently getting 2000-2500 depending on the WU. The i720 is OCd to 3.2. It doesn't seem to be doing much better than my [email protected] just recently started running the SMP Windows clients.

getting the i7 really is gonna force me to try VM because the linux options are so much greater for smp then windows from what i can tell but i'll deff keep you up to date.

Great looking build you have there. Once I get a house...maybe i can put together a similar system.

Congrats!

getting the i7 really is gonna force me to try VM because the linux options are so much greater for smp then windows from what i can tell but i'll deff keep you up to date.
That is definitely true. The LinSMP client will give much more PPD, even when running in VMs. The problem is that you're limited to 2 cores per VM for the free version of VMWare, so you'll have to set up multiple VMs to really take advantage of your CPU's folding capabilities.

That is definitely true. The LinSMP client will give much more PPD, even when running in VMs. The problem is that you're limited to 2 cores per VM for the free version of VMWare, so you'll have to set up multiple VMs to really take advantage of your CPU's folding capabilities.

really that sucks:( i was thinking it would be awesome to get all the cores chugging along on 1 unit:D

really that sucks:( i was thinking it would be awesome to get all the cores chugging along on 1 unit:D
You can, but you need to pay for a better version of the software. In any case, you'll probably get equivalent point output from multiple VMs. The only real downside is that it's more maintenance.

lol ya i was looking for as low a maintenance option as possible:D between work and stuff i'd like to keep it as easy as possible

Back