Mixer Club

AMD Man 129

Limp Gawd
This is the mixer club! Post a pic of you PC with your mixer connected to it. Tell us what kind of mixer it is, how many chanels, what you use it for.

I have a Alesis MultiMix 8 Firewire. Used for recording, gaming, and general PC audio. 8 chanels and two firewire ports. Pics of mine coming soon :D

I have a behringer mixer that I use for recording my music. I don't know how to put pictures on here though:)

Lyquist

i have a Behringer ub502 mixer

mixer2zd.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/UB502/index.cfm?lang=ENG

I've got an Alesis Studio 24... its ok...

E5DD9106_web.jpg

and the rest of the toys hooked to it...

E5DD9108_web.jpg

FLECOM said:
I've got an Alesis Studio 24... its ok...

and the rest of the toys hooked to it...

I owned the same Altec amps back in the day.. I think the ones I had were the anniversary ed. of the same models. I remember them from the noise they made as the fan started up.

Are those DEQ2496's? I was thinking of getting one.. I didn't realize you could create a dual vu display on it.. that's pretty slick.

How do you like the KRK's? I just ordered a set of RP8's for $338 shipped on Friday.. I was thinking about ordering the matching sub.. but probably am going to wait and determine for myself if I need one or not.

agent420 said:
That Tube Ultragain has the cutest little analog meters! :D

ya i love those meters, they look like what classic meters should look like too...

magnetik said:
I owned the same Altec amps back in the day.. I think the ones I had were the anniversary ed. of the same models. I remember them from the noise they made as the fan started up.

Are those DEQ2496's? I was thinking of getting one.. I didn't realize you could create a dual vu display on it.. that's pretty slick.

How do you like the KRK's? I just ordered a set of RP8's for $338 shipped on Friday.. I was thinking about ordering the matching sub.. but probably am going to wait and determine for myself if I need one or not.

ya those Altec's are the anniversary edition... I changed out the opamp before the power transistors to an OPA2227 and they sound real nice... they are a bit loud with the fans but down there its hardly noticable...

ya thats a pair of DEQ2496's... i really love it, use one as a DAC/EQ for my headphone setup, and there are normally three in that stack there but i lent one out... there they are DAC/ADC's and EQ's

I love the KRK's, very detailed without being bright or anything... I think my ST6's could really use a sub... i use a crappy logitech sub just as a temporary thing since i was working on some 5.1 soundtracks... i have a small pair of JBL's on the wall behind my whole setup also... but i havent heard the rp8's

You guys have some interesting setups. I am a musician and want to learn all I can about this kind of stuff.

Lyquist

Lyquist said:
You guys have some interesting setups. I am a musician and want to learn all I can about this kind of stuff.

Lyquist

what instrument do you play... tell me and i might be able to give you some sugjustions for some equiptment

Here are a few pictures of my rig. I'm curently using a tascam FW-1884 as my main platform. Sampler PCs are connected to the primary PC via gigateleport and managed via ultravnc. Ignore the center speaker placement, I'm still working on building a mount for it. The LCDs are mounted to swing arms and I move them depending on the task I am working on. (together in landscape for gigastudio work and basic mixing[shown]; together in portrait for composing[ I can see a full orchestral score without having to scroll up or down this way]; and apart in landscape for final mixing/mastering)

newrig01.JPG

newrig02.JPG

newrig03.JPG

lcdarm.JPG

Thanks ^^

I've been working on it for years. I still want to add 2-3 more sample PCs, upgrade to VSL's VI (and thus get rid of gigastudio) and add some mastering equipment. When I'm rich and famous I'll grab some blus sky monitors to compliment the LX4s. Also, after my next move I will most likely put my plasma above the rig for some more screen real-estate. At some point I need to upgrade from Cubase to Nuendo but they REALLY increased the price when version 3 came out >.< ... Oh yeah, I also need some new headphones. My MDR-7509s are getting antiquated :(

Back