MIT Publishes Self Driving Morality Survey Results

That's the next year or two. Fully autonomous is coming very fast

They can't manage driving on snow and ice yet. They might be able to handle many situations and they might be decent in the warmer climes. But for someone like me, no way, not a chance in hell would I buy one knowing the vehicle has such limitations. I'm not spending my money on a car that can't handle a little bad weather. Not when I can buy others much better for the task that handle it well with a reasonably skilled/experienced driver in the seat.

And as long as the car's don't sell well in 30 out of 50 states, well there will be some hurdles to overcome.

But this is drifting away from the topic a little.

Like the Executives are a married couple and the other woman next to them is their secretary/lover? Now who do you hit?

Right, Google knew it, so the car knew it. All that remains is to explain it in court :LOL:

Like the Executives are a married couple and the other woman next to them is their secretary/lover? Now who do you hit?

Thats easy, make sure you hit the wife and the lover. Its the only way to be sure.

They can't manage driving on snow and ice yet. They might be able to handle many situations and they might be decent in the warmer climes. But for someone like me, no way, not a chance in hell would I buy one knowing the vehicle has such limitations. I'm not spending my money on a car that can't handle a little bad weather. Not when I can buy others much better for the task that handle it well with a reasonably skilled/experienced driver in the seat.

And as long as the car's don't sell well in 30 out of 50 states, well there will be some hurdles to overcome.

But this is drifting away from the topic a little.

In Colorado my Tesla's fine in snow and ice. You're also talking like the software is static. It's not. My Tesla is getting updated all the time and today's autopilot is comparably better than even six months ago is

In Colorado my Tesla's fine in snow and ice. You're also talking like the software is static. It's not. My Tesla is getting updated all the time and today's autopilot is comparably better than even six months ago is

That's good news, several months back I couldn't find any evidence online to show they were capable. You saying they are is something on the up side.

I'm not a hater, but I am a realist.

Thank You for the news.

But on the software side of it, it's only as good as the sensor it relies on.

But on the software side of it, it's only as good as the sensor it relies on.

To be fair that applies to humans too. We're very limited in that we can only see almost 180 degrees ahead of us at any one time and hear things (assuming the radio's not playing). Compared to cars with radar (ignores fog and rain) and either 360 lidar or cameras

Back