MIT Develops Self-Cleaning, Fog and Glare Free Glass

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
MIT researchers have developed a super clear, self-cleaning glass that is resistant to fog and glare. The new glass could be used in future smartphones, tablets, cars, and buildings, eliminating unwanted reflections and staying smudge-free. Water droplets that fall onto this new glass surface are said to bounce off like “tiny rubber balls.”

Can't wait till this tech goes into motorcycle helmet shields...

A fog free windshield and windows..WIN.

This is what bugged the shit out of me with glasses. Too bad I already got laser eye surgery, maybe by the time I need glasses again this will be old news lol.

+1!

trying to ride a bike on a foggy morning is the suck, turning your head from side to side to let the wind peel off some of the condensation is a pain.

I wonder what would happen if you throw that in the ocean..:D

Looks pretty cool but probably really expensive to make for now.

Imagine a world with glare free glass doors. Shit will be dangerous.

Glare fee glass exists. It's called invisible glass. There was an article on it.

i feel bad for all the lost jobs in the window washer field.

There are several hydrophobic products on the market already...so this glass just has it built in as an etched on coating? My reading glasses have the deposited coating already, whats the big deal?

I lol'ed at the "tiny rubber balls" part, but cool. This will definitely be a very useful technology.

Pretty sure this is not the first time I've read of a similar invention... Yet my glasses are still made of the same crap they were made twenty years ago. Seriously, forget flying cars, I'd be happy with the Jetson's automatic shaver and self cleaning glasses. My phone is several times more powerful than the first lunar vehicle yet I still spend an hour every other day shaving and cleaning my glasses! :p

Anti glare but crystal clear?

Helloooo monitor surfaces that look amazing and are glare free.

Dell I'm looking at you, specifically U27 series....

Glasses too. Wearing a scarf on blistering cold days is a pain in the ass because my glasses would fog up all the time.

Back