Missing user accounts/windows reset?

IShadesl

n00b
Hello all,

Today I was installing some programs I typically like to have on my computer that I have not had a chance to do so since I got this new laptop a few months ago.

Short story: I installed Anti-Hacker 13.0
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/anti_hacker.html
http://www.host.890m.com/anti-hacker.html

It's an all-in-one tool. I was attempting to follow the instructions to uninstall it as I found nothing I would use personally.

It said to click "Standard Account" once. Well after 3 coffee's and a 5 hour (at coffee shop studying) I managed to click it twice.
Before I know it, it says it's saving data and needs to reboot. I thought maybe it was uninstalled and just needed to reboot, so I click yes.

Now the issue I have:
I have only 1 user account: Administrator
All my settings/Windows Settings/Personalized stuff is gone
Download Folder is empty
Chrome History/Settings/Bookmarks are gone
Boot Programs/Apps/Services are defaulted

Basically it's like a whole new user account except my Program Files are still the same/there.

No CLUE what this thing did. I read some things to see if I could get the user account back, not sure if I was using just a User Account or Admin Account as it came to me setup and I never made a personal profile.

Under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts
Only Administrator

Run > CMD > lusrmgr.msc
Nothing there - blank, no users. Says "This Snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10" I've tried enabling snapins but I get the exact same message.

Run > CMD > secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
Did nothing

Tried a few more things the web suggested but couldn't find anyone with the exact same problem, some with similar issue's but only related to after upgrading Windows.

Windows 10 Home
All updates updated

If anyone has suggestions or need any additional information please let me know.
I rather not restore my computer to 2 days ago because I've quite a bit of stuff since than but if it's my only choice....

Should mention there is no contact info that I could see for the author of the program on MajorGeeks or the main website.

Also I get the "This Snapin may not be used" error when I go to Add a new user account.

Also I went into Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Configure Advanced User Profile Properties I found 3 accounts
2 Admin accounts
And one user account

I cannot edit them because it takes me back to LUSRMGR.MSC (User and Group Users) and gives me the Snapin error.

Last edited:
SOLVED!!

Tried a ton of thing without any help then came across a totally unrelated post on a Microsoft forum.

Ended up doing:

Run>CMD> Net User /Active [Username]

You can also Add/Remove Accounts/Profiles with that just use /Add or /Remove instead of /Active.

Going to delete that other Admin account as I have no idea what the program did with it and it has zero of my saved stuff and all the admin rights are screwed up.

Hope this helps someone else.

that app looks sketchy as hell... why would someone want it? (honest question.. it really trips the spidey senses for what type of app to not randomly download and run from the internet)

Glad you got back into your box.

SOLVED!!

Tried a ton of thing without any help then came across a totally unrelated post on a Microsoft forum.

Ended up doing:

Run>CMD> Net User /Active [Username]

You can also Add/Remove Accounts/Profiles with that just use /Add or /Remove instead of /Active.

Going to delete that other Admin account as I have no idea what the program did with it and it has zero of my saved stuff and all the admin rights are screwed up.

Hope this helps someone else.
Sounds like it just set the account to disabled. You can run lusrmgr.msc to view accounts and which ones are disabled.

Sounds a quality product. Anti-hacker that let's you reverse any changes it did with a simple command line input :D

Back