Missing audio on main PC. Steam Streaming Speakers?

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Steam seems to have hijacked my audio on my main computer (signature). I unplugged some headphones and it disabled all my playback devices except XB321HK (Nvidia HD Audio) I went to playback devices and saw options for Speakers (Stream Streaming Speakers) and Speakers (Steam Streaming Microphone) - that's why I assumed Steam hijacked it.

Tried unplugging, reinstalled nVidia drivers, reboot, ect... no dice as of yet. Anyone else seen this?

Audio is traditionally connected via a optical cable to avoid a buzz in my JBL 305s. No option given for SPIFD.

Thanks!

2.jpg

disable steam in home streaming or set your desired device to default in playback devices(right click speaker icon).

No dice. The SPDIF option is completely MIA. It disappeared. It is weird.

123.JPG

It's already checked. Disconnected devices checked as well.

my system didn't get the steam audio stuff until streaming was enabled. try turning it off see if it comes back. also did you check device manager? is the spdif onboard audio? could try updating that too.

All of that was missing. I just finished updating the BIOS and everything came back. The Steam streaming options are still there though. I disabled them in Steam. Weirdest damn thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for the help though! Was pulling my hair out.

Back