Missed Out on GME, but have a drawer full DDR3? No worries. DDR3 Prices to Soar 40-50% in 2021!

Not in a drawer, still in my systems.

32gb in my main i7-4790k; maxed out because with DDR4 on the horizon I knew no substantial price increases were coming. I do go above 16 on this one regularly between bloated browsers with zillions of tabs and distributed computing in the background.

32gb in my spare i7-4770k; with lighter duties 32's been overkill here. But I wanted something capable of taking over as my main system with nothing more than swapping my SSD in; and was anticipating higher memory needs for Einstien@home (which had ramped from ~300mb to a bit under 1gb per core/task in previous years), but instead E@H hasn't increased CPU memory usage at all since those systems were built.

12gb in my ancient i7-930. I think I've got 3x4gb in this now and could upgrade to 18gb by sticking some old 2gb dimms into the 3 empty slots but currently don't need more ram in this one for anything it's doing.

Other than a laptop I don't have anything using DDR4; and am hoping to delay building a new box until 1st gen DDR5 is out, otherwise skipping DDR4 similar to how I avoided ever having DDR2 in my desktops.

I hang DDR3 on my Wall for some reason. 20210204_134806.jpg

I just threw out so much DDR, DDR2, DDR3 RAM. Trying to clean up all my old shit. Sat around for a long time with no use. So, just chucked it. Along with MB's, CPU's, old video cards, tons of cables, a few cases.... I was becoming a hoarder. Now, I just have my systems I use and that's it.

I just threw out so much DDR, DDR2, DDR3 RAM. Trying to clean up all my old shit. Sat around for a long time with no use. So, just chucked it. Along with MB's, CPU's, old video cards, tons of cables, a few cases.... I was becoming a hoarder. Now, I just have my systems I use and that's it.

I give the stuff to Goodwill

theres a topic for stuff like that The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

would this include server DDR3? i have 256gb of that server ram from my old opteron workstation.

haha my poor Qnap TS-469 Pro got a lil boost wiht 3 gb upgrade. im building a ryzen nas now. time to build a real server not a Exspensive Toy that is not powerfull enough for real workloads.

Back