Missed call without reception = no missed call notification

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
I work in a building that makes even my VZW service drop to no signal. Occasionally it will regain weak reception but eventually drop out again completely. I've had a couple people try to call me during the times of no reception. Unless they leave a voicemail I have no idea they tried to call - no missed call notification. I really need to know when I miss a call. I have wifi access. Would Google Voice be a good bandaid? I am using a android device.

GV would work, the android integration is nice. The visual voicemail feature alone is worth it on any android phone (especially on vzw) imo.

Have you tried turning roaming on to see if you get a better connection?

Google Voice is nice -- and super sweet on android - I use primarily for texting and having a number I can give to crazy women and people I don't want to have my REAL number.

Another option would be YouMail -- it works quite similar in terms of cusomization (geared more towards voicemail and hangups)

Basically even if your phone is 100% off, it still keeps track of who called and you pull that data whenever you actually have a signal. The part you would be interested in is the hangups tab obviously (even in the event of no message left there is still a record of them calling)

Once setup - whenever anyone calls you (signal or no signal) they are routed through YouMail - everything is logged and highly customizable (sp?)

Give it a shot :) I love having custom greetings for everyone on my phone, freaks them out!

Any of you yayhoos have a good tutorial for setting up Google Voice like this? I think it sounds pretty damned sweet but have never bothered trying to set it up. :D

Oh how I wish Google Voice worked in Puerto Rico... Or Google Nav, or hell, paid app availability in the Play Store (they show up on every phone on every carrier here, apparently our home ISP is under some kind of erroneous filter on Google's end). Youmail is a serviceable alternative but GV does so much more.

GV would work, the android integration is nice. The visual voicemail feature alone is worth it on any android phone (especially on vzw) imo.

Have you tried turning roaming on to see if you get a better connection?

Roaming is already enabled.

Google Voice is nice -- and super sweet on android - I use primarily for texting and having a number I can give to crazy women and people I don't want to have my REAL number.

Another option would be YouMail -- it works quite similar in terms of cusomization (geared more towards voicemail and hangups)

Basically even if your phone is 100% off, it still keeps track of who called and you pull that data whenever you actually have a signal. The part you would be interested in is the hangups tab obviously (even in the event of no message left there is still a record of them calling)

Once setup - whenever anyone calls you (signal or no signal) they are routed through YouMail - everything is logged and highly customizable (sp?)

Give it a shot :) I love having custom greetings for everyone on my phone, freaks them out!

It looks like I need to port my current VZW number to Google unless I want to give everyone my new Google voice number. I don't think that will work for me. If I did port my number it would screw up my contract too. I am now trying out YouMail. Thanks!

You can just have GV replace your VZW voicemail box. Everything else remains the same (no number changes, etc.). When you miss a call and it goes to GV (even if they don't actually leave a voicemail and just hang up) you will get a notification for the missed call.

Takes only a couple seconds to try. Just install GV, follow the instructions (you have to call a number), and that's it. You can always revert back to your old VZW voicemail box if needed (though I don't know why you ever would).

Back