Miss the days of Tribes?

I played alot of Starsiege Tribes. That game blew me away when I first discovered it.

Fond memories of the first game. Never did play nor get into the second one, though.

Loved me some Tribes! I count it as one of the greatest games out there. Really wanted to like T2 but too many bugs kept me from playing. I finally gave up.

But, just to ask, this is fully legit? It looks like (so says wiki) that Vivendi released 1 and 2 for free but GarageGames just bought the IP recently.

Man, I may have to get back into this. Was never a great player, but had lots of fun.

Loved me some Tribes! I count it as one of the greatest games out there. Really wanted to like T2 but too many bugs kept me from playing. I finally gave up.

But, just to ask, this is fully legit? It looks like (so says wiki) that Vivendi released 1 and 2 for free but GarageGames just bought the IP recently.

Man, I may have to get back into this. Was never a great player, but had lots of fun.

It's legit. Vivendi released 1 and 2 for free a couple of years ago. You just won't be using vivendi servers.

It's legit. Vivendi released 1 and 2 for free a couple of years ago. You just won't be using vivendi servers.
Kickass!

It's also good to see GarageGames pick up the IP. I'm really curious what they're going to end up doing with it.

Kickass!

It's also good to see GarageGames pick up the IP. I'm really curious what they're going to end up doing with it.

They made a free browser based game very similar to tribes. I don't care for it though.

Tribes is still my favorite game of all time. So far ahead of its time, in so many areas.

Obviously someone who didnt play the first game...

Played them BOTH and I found Tribes 2 to be superior once the game was totally updated.

saucer guns and jet skates Tribes right?

sweet.

good download speed too on the torrent.

GarageGames is going to release Tribes through their InstantAction service soon.

It's going to be basically the same exact game, but played through a browser.

WHy don't they update the graphics on these, I bet they would do fairly well. Awesome games.

Thier last attempt at updating the graphics was Tribes 3 Vengence which was horrible. Lost the magic of what tribes is. Of course it was more than just a graphics upgrade.

But I would like to see a full graphics update of tribes 1 or 2 but keep everything else. Just graphics and sound upgrade only. I think it would do well.

Also I don't care for straight no mods tribes. I have to play either the shifter or renegades mods. The placable turrets and shields just add another level of strategy.

T2 was a lot of fun but literally every single pub game had horrible teams, one team was always so stacked and was brutally r@ping the other.. thats the one thing that i hated about it.

I loved Tribes Vengence when it came out, I used to play it religiously. I was so mad when the decided to pretty much drop it, and now its completely dead, can't even find a single server with more than 1 bot on it anymore :-(.

I bought Tribes 2 when it was still fairly new and played it quite a bit. I always thought it was a great, fast-paced game with lots of action. It also offered a lot of customization for its day too.

About a year ago I bought Tribes Vengeance from Big Lots for $4 and never played it. I think I saw on the box that it offered a true, single-player mode. Is that true? If so I'll have to try it out sometime.

I bought Tribes 2 when it was still fairly new and played it quite a bit. I always thought it was a great, fast-paced game with lots of action. It also offered a lot of customization for its day too.

About a year ago I bought Tribes Vengeance from Big Lots for $4 and never played it. I think I saw on the box that it offered a true, single-player mode. Is that true? If so I'll have to try it out sometime.

Yeah Vengeance has a story-driven singleplayer campaign.

T2 was the first game I ever bought. I have yet to play anything that remotely approaches it.

vengeance sucks ass. It wasen't anything like previous tribes games. It was Unreal Tournament with jet packs. And I hate unreal tournament.

Just wanted to update everyone that T2 is still going strong. One of the main servers (goons) had well over fifty players in one game last night with decent (80ish) pings. Also, most of the scripts, mods, and skins have been resurrected.

I can't say I miss tribes. I played it a bit with some guys from work who had nergasms every time they played it, but I never understood the fuss about it.

Just didn't interest me, I guess.

I played Tribes 1 and 2, I preferred the speed of Tribes 1 but Tribes 2 was fun too because of the newer maps and vehicles. Very fanatic player communities and I for one miss the game. I still play a ton of multiplayer FPS when I actually get a chance but none can replace the speed and 3rd dimension to combat that jet packs and skiing provided. Teamplay in Tribes was top notch as well with well defined player positions such as heavy on flag Light D, Cappers, Mid Field, Heavy Offense, versatiles etc and many teams having signature strategies i.e. Swarming or whatever...yes I miss those days immensely.

I remember seeing the Tribes 1 demo on Fileplanet, I downloaded it and played around and thought "wow this is a cool game" so I went to Gamestop to see if they had any copies, it turns out Tribes2 was released that same day so I bought that instead.

Needless to say I played a lot of Tribes2 after that... played in Clan's, made levels... I loved running people over in any sort of vehicle... and got pretty damn good in the Shrike, I was practicing out-maneuvering missles with clan-mates at one point without using flares. It was pretty hard, but got pretty good at that too.. Ahhh good times... I think I ran that on a 9800 Pro, or less...

I got pretty good at taking a bomber, predicting where someone was going to be skiing, bailing out of the bomber and have the empty bomber crash into them/killing them... I did that to a flag-carrier right before he was going to cap the flag, returned our flag, grabbed theirs and made it about halfway back to my base before getting raped (I was never a flag runner haha)

Back