Mionix Naos 3200

jedolley

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if anyone heard anything new on this mouse? The previous articles said July, but were way past that and nothing new has been said (that I can find). I send an e-mail to Mionix, but haven't heard anything back.

I'm looking to replace my MX1100, but can't quite find the right mouse. I use a palm grip and love the extended right side on the MX1100 where my pink rests. I have recently tried a Sidewinder X8, and Performance MX, but both were not comfortable. Surprisingly, The PMX was less comfortable than the X8 even though it's shaped similarly to the MX1100. It appears they shaved off the right side, so my pinky was dragging while using that mouse. The X8 wasn't bad in the comfort department and I think with more use I might have gotten used to it, but the scoll wheel was absolutely horrendous.

The Mionix Naos 5000 looks like it might fit the bill in terms of ergonomics and I'm not overly concerned about most of the gaming features (higher DPI is nice). However, the price and availability is keeping me from checking it out. The Naos 3200 looks like it's going to be identical in shape, but cheaper. I realize it will have less DPI, but I upgrading from a non-gaming mouse so most anything will be an improvement. I just don't want that improvement to be at the cost of comfort.

It's on pre-order at go-gamer for Sept 21st. $59

Hope that helps.

I haven't used the Naos however I've tried the Ikari which has a very similar shape. After using that for a week I wouldn't recommend anything with the ring and pinky finger extensions... I found it too hard to lift the mouse which really inhibited my gaming ability. I also own the Nova Slider X600 which also has the extra finger extensions and I liked that mouse even less (I had tracking issues, but in terms of comfort it still just didn't cut it and was more difficult to hold).

It's on pre-order at go-gamer for Sept 21st. $59

Hope that helps.

I haven't used the Naos however I've tried the Ikari which has a very similar shape. After using that for a week I wouldn't recommend anything with the ring and pinky finger extensions... I found it too hard to lift the mouse which really inhibited my gaming ability. I also own the Nova Slider X600 which also has the extra finger extensions and I liked that mouse even less (I had tracking issues, but in terms of comfort it still just didn't cut it and was more difficult to hold).

Thanks for the heads up!

I used the Ikari awhile back and I hated it. I can see where the shape may look similar, but I don't really think it is. I also did not like how the Ikari had the textured feeling. I rarely lift my mouse, but texture feeling just felt uncomfortable. The matte rubber of the Naos may be more my speed, or at least that's what I am hoping.

I'm sure the textured feeling will be a step up for sure... I do enjoy that on my Razer Deathadder, and hopefully the buttons also have a much higher quality feel compared too the Steelseries mice...

Shape-wise however I'm pretty sure they are very similar, I think I remember undertheradar saying that not too long ago, correct me if I'm wrong someone.

I see the similarities, but I don't think they are of the same mold. I attached two pics below that I found that show the differences that I notice. IMO, the right side of the Mionix flares out more and should provide more support to the end two fingers. On the Ikari, the idea was there, but my end two fingers were hardly comfortable.

Either way for $60 it will be worth checking out when it's released.

p10011661262175097naos5.jpg
ikarilaserog.jpg

Oh I'm sure they both differ, but the concept remains the same. I just can't see myself, or others, being able to use that mouse very efficiently. I enjoy playing Quake, a very fast paced FPS. In my experience, the simpler somewhat smaller mice are the best when it comes to gaming. However, since you said you don't lift you're mouse, I'm guessing you don't need something very quick and just want something more comfortable in the palm of your hand, in that case you may enjoy the Naos more than anything else I'd recommend.

Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to go through with it!

i have the Mionix Naos 5000 and it is the best mouse i have ever used!!, the grip of it is perfect and textured pores where you grip the mouse is sweat free!! I have never gunked it up with my hand sweat cause it dries up so fast!! best mouse ever for me! worth the investment guys.

I have used the Razer Deathadder 3.2G before this mouse and it absolutely sucks because the material on the sides are crap and gunk up with finger and dirt easily!

I finally got a response from Mionix...

Thank you for your interest in our products!
It is still very early to tell a exact date but I've forwarded your request to our U.S distributional partner, they will keep you posted regarding the availability for Mionix Naos 3200.

Doesn't sound too promising. Starting to think that the Go Gamer date might be completely wrong.

P.S. I don't know the history about [H] vs. Go Gamer, but not letting users use the name in forum conversations without a workaround is pretty silly. :confused:

I got mine in from Go Gamer and I am NOT happy. It appears to use the same sensor as the SS Kinzu. There are some MAJOR acceleration issues. If you move the mouse very slowly at the lowest dpi setting it takes around 90cm to do a 360!!! Normal swipe speed it takes about 35cm. I first realized this when making small aim adjustments felt weird compared to regular movement.

The adjustment software isn't even out yet but I have zero faith it will do anything. SS attempted to negate this but you could tell this issue was still present.

i have the Mionix Naos 5000 and it is the best mouse i have ever used!!, the grip of it is perfect and textured pores where you grip the mouse is sweat free!! I have never gunked it up with my hand sweat cause it dries up so fast!! best mouse ever for me! worth the investment guys.

I have used the Razer Deathadder 3.2G before this mouse and it absolutely sucks because the material on the sides are crap and gunk up with finger and dirt easily!

+1!

I cant stand the 5000's shape, so if its the same, count me out. The seeming 'extra support' ridges on the right side of the mouse are actually a PITA. They prevent you from getting a good grip on both sides of the mouse to pick it up. Every time I try to pick up the mouse it feels like its going to slip out of my hand at any moment, and sometimes it does. In this respect, I actually like the other designs much better. FWIW, that other design is the same as the low-cost Rude Fierce. If you like that shape and all, I see no reason to get any other than the Rude mouse... its dirt cheap compared to the others and uses the exact same mold as the Mionix Saiph (as well as the SteelSeries and the 5k), and IMO, its a better grip. Dont let the cheap price fool you, the Rude is a very solid mouse.

Just an idea here for the mouse designers: why not put a pinky buttom on mice that disconnects the tracking circuit when pressed? Then, you would never have to pick up a mouse again, just press the button and move the mouse w/o moving the cursor. It is so simple to do that I could even post a tutorial on how to DIY this on any mouse out there, and would be a great feature. Then the Mionix design wouldnt bother me all that much, since I wouldn't have to pick it up.

I use a palm grip and pretty much never pick up my mouse. I currently use the MX1100, so I prefer a mouse that is shaped so that my entire hand rests on it comfortably. Obviously there is no way for me to know if the Mionix shape is for me without trying it, but images alone it looks like it might work.

I've seen your previous comments on the Mionix 5000, and while I respect your opinion I knew that most of it would not pertain to me. I went ahead and ordered the Logitech G700 for $75 and will give that a try first. If it does not work out, I will definitely try out the Mionix 3200.

I use a palm grip and pretty much never pick up my mouse. I currently use the MX1100, so I prefer a mouse that is shaped so that my entire hand rests on it comfortably. Obviously there is no way for me to know if the Mionix shape is for me without trying it, but images alone it looks like it might work.

I've seen your previous comments on the Mionix 5000, and while I respect your opinion I knew that most of it would not pertain to me. I went ahead and ordered the Logitech G700 for $75 and will give that a try first. If it does not work out, I will definitely try out the Mionix 3200.

I got my G700 over a week ago and quickly discovered it was not for me. The design/shape is exactly like the Performance MX (but with a butt load of buttons). I mentioned this in the G700 thread, but figure i'd bring it up here as well since this prompted me to order the Naos 3200. The G700 just was not comfortable for my palm grip due to the right side of the mouse dropping off and having zero contour for my ring and pinky finger. This causes my ring finger to want to grip the mouse more and my pinky to drag on my mousing surface.

I ended up ordering the Naos 3200 on 9/14 from Amazon since their site stated it would be available on 9/15. I guess they did not end up getting it until 9/22 and when I sent them a kind, but disappointing email about it they waived the overnight shipping fee ($3.99 due to prime) and credited me $25 towards my next purchase.

I received the Naos 3200 today... The grip is really good! Not perfect, but comfortable. It will take a little time to get used to coming from a MX1100, but first impressions in regards to shape and comfort are very very positive. I should also mention that the rubber feel to the mouse is nice IMO. It's got a soft feel that's smooth, but still provides a decent rubber grip.

I haven't had a chance to test it out in any games, but I'm not a huge competitive gamer to begin. I have used gaming mice in the past, but most recently was using a MX1100 due to comfort and this upgrade allows me to keep the comfort and add some gaming performance.

The software is pretty straight forward, but one negative I quickly discovered is that the Naos 3200 doesn't have all the cool LED colors or options the 5000 does. This isn't even close to a deal breaker for me. There are only 3 colors (Blue, Red, and Green) and each color is assigned to a DPI setting. This brings me to another negative which I can see being a deal breaker to some. The DPI settings are not that customizable, you get the option of 800, 1600, and 3200.

Overall first impression of this mouse is really good. I still want to test it out in games, but unless I discover some sort of glitch or major flaw, I'm pretty sure this one is a keeper for me.

looks like a nice mouse, but I don't like the fact that you can't set sensitivity below 800 dpi.

Back