Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

I agree. We'll have to figure something out. If nothing else, I may have to get a few Indy [SS] members up here for a rumble... :cool:

garrettk said:
i live in delano, MN like 30-40 minutes from downtown minneapolis, am i close to anybody? i just moved here like 6 months ago, so i pretty much only know areas around where i live.

I know where you are. I grew up in Maple Plain.

wtburnette said:
I agree. We'll have to figure something out. If nothing else, I may have to get a few Indy [SS] members up here for a rumble... :cool:

That would be pretty sweet.

insaneman37 said:
That would be pretty sweet.

I'm heading there next week for a vacation, so I'm going to talk to Venom and Phoenix about heading up here in the spring. If we could get Cyberlich, Poison and a couple others, we could have a pretty cool little LAN party... :cool:

I'll make sure it's before you leave in May... ;)

Chanhassen here. Is it wrong that I hate Minnesota? I do though, I am so sick of the cold. But I might as well have fun until I move in January.

Where ya moving to? Somewhere warm I hope? I moved here from Indy in 98, but the weather is similar. The cold last longer here, but not by much. I hate it either way though... :p

wtburnette said:
Where ya moving to? Somewhere warm I hope? I moved here from Indy in 98, but the weather is similar. The cold last longer here, but not by much. I hate it either way though... :p

Indeed I am. Pasadena California. I have an oppurtunity for a great job there and will know if I get it in January. Heck, even if I don't get it....I'm still moving. :D

Right now I have a snow drift of 8in on my front steps, I can't take it anymore. :mad:

wtburnette said:
I'm heading there next week for a vacation, so I'm going to talk to Venom and Phoenix about heading up here in the spring. If we could get Cyberlich, Poison and a couple others, we could have a pretty cool little LAN party... :cool:

I'll make sure it's before you leave in May... ;)

I'm sure any weekend before May 14. I graduate on May 14, and will be leaving MN on May 15 at the latest. I want to get out of this state. And New Ulm, well, New Ulm has absolutely nothing to do in this town. ;)

About the current snow, well, it's pissing me off. We've gotten at least 8-10 inches thus far. My truck got stuck in the parking lot at work when I left. And the trip to Wisconsin that I was supposed to go on (leaving Sat AM, back Sun PM) has been cancelled. :mad:

insaneman37 said:
About the current snow, well, it's pissing me off. We've gotten at least 8-10 inches thus far. My truck got stuck in the parking lot at work when I left. And the trip to Wisconsin that I was supposed to go on (leaving Sat AM, back Sun PM) has been cancelled. :mad:

Ticking me off as well. I just got done shoveling out of my garage just so I could go pick up my girlfriend from work. I had a 3ft snow drift in front of my garage. I moved here in 2001 from Utah. In Utah it dumped a couple of times and was done. Here, it keeps on being cold so the snow doesn't go away. I'm done with MN.
:mad:

Tiny said:
Ticking me off as well. I just got done shoveling out of my garage just so I could go pick up my girlfriend from work. I had a 3ft snow drift in front of my garage. I moved here in 2001 from Utah. In Utah it dumped a couple of times and was done. Here, it keeps on being cold so the snow doesn't go away. I'm done with MN.
:mad:

Well, I'm used to the snow. When I'm not out here in MN for college, I'm at home in MI over breaks. When it snows, the parking lots here at school become a big problem because they don't plow them real well until a few days later when they have everybody move their cars from the lot so they can plow it.

And at work, they were supposed to come by an plow the lot, but they hadn't yet.

As far as the roads, they sucked a bit, but overall New Ulm is pretty good about getting the roads all cleared right away, unlike where I live, where when it snows, it can take up to 3 days to get my street plowed.

insaneman37 said:
I'm sure any weekend before May 14. I graduate on May 14, and will be leaving MN on May 15 at the latest. I want to get out of this state. And New Ulm, well, New Ulm has absolutely nothing to do in this town. ;)

I had to drive THROUGH that snowstorm to get to Indy for vacation. What a horrid drive that was. The only good thing is that when we got back last night, all that snow was melted and it's a nice day today... :D

I'm trying to see if I can get Venom and Phoenix from the [SS] up here one weekend either in April or early May. If so, I'll let you know and we can have a small LAN party before you head off to MI... ;)

This thread is starting to drift off in the direction of the AOL chatroom. If you want to BS in general, I suggest you join GenMay and post OT forever and a day, but not here. ;)

Sorry MD. If you see my last post though, I AM talking about getting a small LAN party together, which is the purpose of this forum. I'm trying to get back on topic... :p

wt, whatever date you pick, LMK, so that I can make any arrangements I might need to. (Day off of work, if I need to. Since I'm the supervisor, I have to make arrangements with the boss, in advance, for a day off work.)

However, May 7, that weekend is out of the question for me. A good friend of mine is having a big party that weekend, with bands, to celebrate graduation.

So, anything in April. ;)

insaneman37 said:
Sounds good to me.

I'm checking with Venom, Phoenix and DeathsDoor to see if they're interested and if they can make that weekend. I'll also see if Zwolf and Poison are interested. I'll let ya know. Oh yeah and if Nate is reading this, you're invited too dude... :D

Hello... wondering what the status was on MN Laning? Im from Northern Iowa, Used to drive up quite a bit the last few years and game at Glencoe, Mankato, and 4 Multimayhams... got like 6-12 of us here that get together and LAN when we can (schedules suck) Just curious if anyone still has any up there besides Multimayham (which seems to be nothing but alot of CS these days)

Skids1 said:
Hello... wondering what the status was on MN Laning? Im from Northern Iowa, Used to drive up quite a bit the last few years and game at Glencoe, Mankato, and 4 Multimayhams... got like 6-12 of us here that get together and LAN when we can (schedules suck) Just curious if anyone still has any up there besides Multimayham (which seems to be nothing but alot of CS these days)

Glencoe, at The Basement this weekend.....

Headin there for vacation this summer, but I won't have my PC unless I buy a laptop early, but that probably won't even run many games above old school CS. Gonna be in St Paul in July for a wedding, so high doubt of getting out of the wedding for a LAN party.

I live in Dinkytown, Minneapolis. I Rent studio space on Central Ave. that could easily hold 15 people. I have all the switches and power we'd need, and since I'm renting monthly, no upfront fee for the place.

I've wanted to hold a LAN party there for quite a while, and I'm really motivated to do this. If I could get some help orgaizing and motivating, we could play there every month very cheaply.

Quicksilver said:
I live in Dinkytown, Minneapolis.

I live just a couple of miles from there. I don't have a lot of LAN experience; just what I could do in my own house with a couple of friends but I'd be interested. Especially if it was in July. Wife will be gone for a month making it real easy to spend a weekend playing video games. :)

Well, a few weeks ago I was under the impression that I'd be gone from the wretched state of Minnesota for good, save for the rare occasion.

It's changed. I'll be in MN for June and July (New Ulm area) working. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have much time available to go to a LAN, but if there's one going on during that time, I'll see what I could do.

insaneman37 said:
Well, a few weeks ago I was under the impression that I'd be gone from the wretched state of Minnesota for good, save for the rare occasion.

It's changed. I'll be in MN for June and July (New Ulm area) working. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have much time available to go to a LAN, but if there's one going on during that time, I'll see what I could do.

Well, in that case, we'll have to make sure we have something setup for June or July then, won't we... :D

Maybe between us, Quicksilver and [BB] Rick James we can figure something out... :confused:

@Lakitu, don't you have someone who can drive ya dude?

wtburnette said:
Well, in that case, we'll have to make sure we have something setup for June or July then, won't we... :D

Maybe between us, Quicksilver and [BB] Rick James we can figure something out... :confused:

So, I looked at the fundage and scheduling situation - not possible. :(

Two weeks from now I'll be headed to WI for a weekend of fishing with dad.

I've also picked up some side work on Saturdays. There's an elderly guy in town who is paying my friend $7/hr to do some basic home improvement projects/maintanance on his house. My friend goes a few days a week after work and on Saturday he worked what will probably be his only weekend day there. The job he was doing was a 2 man job, so he brought me with him. Now that's got me in the door to being able to go and work for the guy every Saturday for a few hours. The nice part is that when I leave for the day, I'll be able to leave with money in hand, either cash or check.

So, that leaves Sunday as my day off, and by then I'm too tired after a busy week to do much.

And money wise. :( I'll barely make enough this summer to make my monthly vehicle and insurance payments. (After paying for rent, groceries, etc.)

Okay, talk about trying to revive the dead here... :p

This thread kinda died off, but I'm really in the mood for a LAN party. Better yet, how about a monthly LAN party?? I'm gonna PM a bunch of ya to see who's interested, but if you think you wanna LAN soon, post in here so I can start a list of people. If it's not too bad, Nate or I can hold it. If we get to 10 - 20 people, we'll have to look for someplace to rent or something... ;)

pj-schmidt said:
Hey, I live in St. Paul, and I might be interested. Let me know where and when.

You got it dude. Trying to see what the interest level is right now... ;)

I'm in downtown STP. I'm usually interested, just need a bit of heads up to see if my schedule works.

Just got another PM so we're up to 6. That was the bare minimum I wanted, so if nothing else we can all get together for a small LAN party. Hopefully we'll get more, but if not, at least we have enough for some free for all DM.

Now we need to think about a date. What works for everyone? 6 people I think I can fit at my place without any problems. I live in Inver Grove Heights just outside of South St. Paul. Either the weekend of 1/14 or 1/21 should work fine. If it's at my place, I'm limited for time, so the party would be on Saturday, from something like 1pm to 8pm or so. I'd suggest eating lunch before you arrive, then bring $$ to chip in for pizza later on when we get hungry. I'd also recommend bringing whatever you want to drink (no alchohol please). I have a fridge in the garage that's practically empty to store pop and water in.

Look forward to seeing you all... :D

What are you thinking game wise? I'm up on CS:S, HL2DM, Quake4, Doom3, Rise of Nations, UT2004, Serious Sam 2

I might be able to drag a couple extras too. What do you have for tables & space?

Jake said:
What are you thinking game wise? I'm up on CS:S, HL2DM, Quake4, Doom3, Rise of Nations, UT2004, Serious Sam 2

I might be able to drag a couple extras too. What do you have for tables & space?

Not a whole lot of either, which is why only a smaller group will work at my place. I was hoping Nate could bring a couple banquet type folding tables and I have a card table as well. My living room should work fine with the coffee table pushed out of the way. If it's 6 I think I can manage, any more and we might have to think about something else.

For games, Quake3 or 4, UT of any flavor, Doom3, FEAR, Far Cry or whatever. I don't have HL2 or CS:S though. Kinda opposed to the whole STEAM thing. Anything else I'd be up for though.

What up guys!! HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLAS!!

We need to get a lan going one of these weekends! wtburnette lets get a lan going, lets get r done.

[BB] Rick James said:
What up guys!! HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLAS!!

We need to get a lan going one of these weekends! wtburnette lets get a lan going, lets get r done.

That's what I'm shootin for dude.... ;)

6 of us so far, ready to rock. Just need to find out what weekend works for everyone.

Back