Minnesota Red Flags Electronic Tax Preparation Errors

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you file your state tax returns in Minnesota and used TurboTax, Intuit or a similar electronic tax preparation software system to compute your taxes, you may be among the 11K taxpayers that the state has red flagged for accuracy issues. The problems are limited to Minnesota only and affect none of the other states’ tax returns or federal returns.

Several electronic tax programs produced by Intuit, including TurboTax and two programs used by accountants, were failing to record some filing information in recent weeks, Steenblock said. She said officials recently became aware of the issues from taxpayers as well as from Intuit itself.

Funny how they catch thousands of your average Jane and Joe's tax errors and do something about it right away but take decades, if ever, to go after fraudulent insurance companies and banks and conglomerates.

Funny how they catch thousands of your average Jane and Joe's tax errors and do something about it right away but take decades, if ever, to go after fraudulent insurance companies and banks and conglomerates.

Or politicians.

If we had a flat tax we wouldn't need a GD program in the first place. Taxes should be simple.

If we had a flat tax we wouldn't need a GD program in the first place. Taxes should be simple.

I'd still prefer something like the fair tax over a flat tax. You can't hide taxation then. It's out front for everyone to see just how much the gov't is wasting. It also shifts the accountability of paying to businesses; which already collect sales tax and doesn't over tax the poor. There is an incredible amount of tax buried in everything you buy, but never see. The whole concept of income tax is wrong. IMHO.

Good thing I use Taxcut. Its also why I wait for closer to the filing date, that way I have the latest updates.

Taxes are only for those people who can not afford to bribe the government to get out of them.

Even the former head of the Goldman Sachs Department (and by extension, the IRS), doesn't pay taxes.

Amen, and imagine how much revenue that would save in administrative costs as well. Thousands upon thousands of IRS people could be let go.

Back