Mining Rig Build and Where to sell Physical Bitcoins?

dreadwing

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2012
I've been out out the mining circle for about 6 years. I use to mostly work on FaH projects and some Bitcoin mining. I have two questions so figured I would combine them on here.

1. Mining Rig:
I have about 2k to spend on a mining rig, I was thinking of starting out with 2 1080ti but would like to be able to expand later. Any suggestions on the 1080ti brand or other video card options. Any ideas for a component list? I want something relatively easy to setup and optimize.

2. Physical Bitcoins
I have two physical bitcoins that I purchased back in 2012, 1 Casascius-bitcoin and 1 Casascius-bitcoin-V2 coin that are both funded and are in mint condition since they never been removed from the bag. Any ideas on how to sell these as they should be worth some considerable amount of money. I was thinking the eBay route but so many scammers, I wanted to see if there were any other viable options to liquidate these?

Thanks in advance.

-DW

EVGA 1080ti, asrock h81 pro btc, and mine any equihash coin
EDIT: actually look at the EVGA gtx 1070ti too

Last edited:
Thanks, i'll check out both cards! As for CPU and RAM, is the ideal combo?
EVGA 1080ti, asrock h81 pro btc, and mine any equihash coin
EDIT: actually look at the EVGA gtx 1070ti too[/QUOT

I assumed the coins be worth more sold as a collectible? If I sell for cash, what are people using to get the BTC to USD with lowest fee's?

Open the coins, collect the BTC, sell BTC for money.

I assumed the coins be worth more sold as a collectible? If I sell for cash, what are people using to get the BTC to USD with lowest fee's?

Coinbase. Link your bank account. You can sell your BTC for USD and transfer directly to your bank. Don't sell transfer more than $9999 at a time.

dreadwing Here's a built list from this post i made a while back, but modified:

Board: ASUS PRIME H270-PRO $112
CPU: Intel Celeron G3930 $52
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR4 (1x4GB) $44
SSD: HPS700 Pro 3D NAND 120GB $42
PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 1200W $211
WIFI: Rosewill RNX-N150 b/g/n $5
Risers: Ubit 6-pack $46
Other: Ubit 4in1 Riser Extender $27
Other: Crate/zip-ties/etc $25
----> $564

GPU: x2 Random GTX 1080 Ti $1480 @740 per

-----> $2044

Where you could cut the price down a bit is:
1. Cheaper SSD - could get a standard 2.5" SATA drive or forgo if you have a drive sitting around. Want 120GB min.
2. Cheaper Ram - hit up fleabay if you want to roll the dice, or forgo if you got a stick of DDR4 2133 laying around - just need a nominal amount - 4GB is fine.
3. Less beefy PSU - could get by with a 1000w unit. That would be good for at least 4 1080 Tis @ 175w per.
4. Wifi - probably got a wifi card lying around or just run that RJ45

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Awesome on the item list. Luckily I have a ton of extra parts I can use, SSD, RAM but wanted to see what the ideal build would be. I will start researching prices and pickup what I still need.

dreadwing Here's a built list from this post i made a while back, but modified:

Board: ASUS PRIME H270-PRO $112
CPU: Intel Celeron G3930 $52
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR3 (1x4GB) $38
SSD: HPS700 Pro 3D NAND 120GB $42
PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 1200W $211
WIFI: Rosewill RNX-N150 b/g/n $5
Risers: Ubit 6-pack $46
Other: Ubit 4in1 Riser Extender $27
Other: Crate/zip-ties/etc $25
----> $558

GPU: x2 Random GTX 1080 Ti $1480 @740 per

-----> $2038

Where you could cut the price down a bit is:
1. Cheaper SSD - could get a standard 2.5" SATA drive or forgo if you have a drive sitting around. Want 120GB min.
2. Cheaper Ram - hit up fleabay if you want to roll the dice, or forgo if you got a stick of DDR4 2133 laying around - just need a nominal amount - 4GB is fine.
3. Less beefy PSU - could get by with a 1000w unit. That would be good for at least 4 1080 Tis @ 175w per.
4. Wifi - probably got a wifi card lying around or just run that RJ45

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Horrible advice. These are collectors items. You'll get a premium on top of what is on the loaded coin.

I don't have the patience to wait for them to sell. Which means selling on Ebay or something. I wouldn't put a $15000 item up for sale on Ebay.

Back