Minimum System Requirements for Single-Player Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Revealed

Been playing elite dangerous/horizon since release and hoping SC to hit just its 6mill goals. My problem is what was promised for 6 million and per UK fillings they have burned though 150 million and probably more. If they had delivered the 6 million dollar goal I would have been enthusiastic. Compared the money spent and what we have to play verses the original goals on the funding page. Based on the money spent I believe the whole thing now to be a huge mismanagement fiasco.

Holy shit...I haven't been following SC dev much...they are already up to 150 million? God, it's like they are trying to build a REAL spaceship and then make a game/sim based off real life...

As someone whose a amateur/aspiring developer, I would LOVE to see the behind the scenes meeting minutes. My biggest problem is I don't have enough money, I take it for granted that money doesn't solve all development problems. What assumptions were they making and how did those assumptions drive their decision making process....geez

As I assume you haven't made a game like Wing Commander or been involved with any projects that mean you could potentially make a game like that I could enjoy, then no.

Sorry, based on your comments, it didn't seem like that mattered.

Hamill and Roberts go way back ;) Hamill was the lead actor in wing commander 3 and 4 and then a minor but significant character in 5. Not surprising that he's in this.

Hey, I played both WC 3 and 4 when they came out! :p

I just hadn't seen anything about him being in it. Definitely more interested now.

Waaaaaaa! All I hear is a bunch of whiners that were too late to the party. Trolls? No, you guys crack me up.

After all you are missing the best part... The game before the game.

But really, you can't hold up those opinions much longer, aside from Star Citizen, and don't get the two confused, Squadron 42 is gonna rock, or I will eat my GPU, post it on YouTube and put the link in these hallowed forums.

CryTek recently filed a lawsuit against CIG, claiming violation of their CryEngine license agreement because CIG moved to Amazon's Lumberyard (which is based on CryEngine). One of the things CryTek asked for in their lawsuit is an injunction against the development of Squadron 42, which CryTek's lawsuit documents seems to argue counts as a different game than "Star Citizen," and was not a part of what CIG was authorized to make with CryEngine.

So, I suspect that CIG's effort to publish Squadron 42 information, along with system requirements right now, is to counter and dispel any notion that there's merit to CryTek's claims, and to show that CryTek's claims will not get in the way of Squadron 42's development or release. This is probably important, not just to the moral of CIG, and not just to keeping public impressions positive for Star Citizen, but also for investors, so that they don't start thinking their investment is not going to produce a product, which might cause them to seek action against CIG.

Personally, I think that Star Citizen is going to be completed and will release. It's taken a while, but so have many other games in game development history. A lot of large production that rely on re-using the same engine, assets, and gameplay, like Call of Duty, Battlefield / Battlefront, Need for Speed, etc, usually have multiple teams working on the games to get one out every year or every other year - and most of the content of those games is built from pre-existing resources. With Star Citizen, it is having to come up with and make all its own gameplay, mechanics, physics, systems, assets, gunplay...

It took Bethesda 4 years to make Fallout 4, a much more simple game, when Bethesda already had tons of their back-end already made. And they took 5 years to make Skyrim, also while having lots of their back-end systems already made.

It might be worth it if squadron 42 never comes out just to see this :p
Ouch what is the date he plans to eat it literally? I thought a hat would be bad, wow really just fake it it still would be funny as could be.:muted:

Also 16+ GB or RAM seems like later they will change it to 32+ and then 64+, ouch I guess I need to plan ahead for the PC I plan to build in the future. Game could be cool though, when it actually is out I will at least read a review, and play a demo if available. See how it likes only 16 GB without the ambiguous + in my current rig.

Ouch what is the date he plans to eat it literally? I thought a hat would be bad, wow really just fake it it still would be funny as could be.:muted:

Also 16+ GB or RAM seems like later they will change it to 32+ and then 64+, ouch I guess I need to plan ahead for the PC I plan to build in the future. Game could be cool though, when it actually is out I will at least read a review, and play a demo if available. See how it likes only 16 GB without the ambiguous + in my current rig.

Same here. I built my system with 16 and plans to expand to 32 when necessary....hope I don't need more than that, I don't want to rebuild yet lol

Alpha or not this game is a fucking buggy unplayable piece of shit. I've defended the game in the past but it's like, fuck man, when the player can't even go up and down ladders properly it makes you wonder how things really are going when such basic fundamentals are broken to all hell.

Waaaaaaa! All I hear is a bunch of whiners that were too late to the party. Trolls? No, you guys crack me up.

After all you are missing the best part... The game before the game.

But really, you can't hold up those opinions much longer, aside from Star Citizen, and don't get the two confused, Squadron 42 is gonna rock, or I will eat my GPU, post it on YouTube and put the link in these hallowed forums.
careful with that! someone around here is about to eat a hat due to forza 7. :)

Is there a deadline?

Back