MINI TANK from CUBITEK - Gaming Aluminium SFF miniITX Case

Looks great, I can think of modding it already! But I still gotta finish what I'm working on(it's been too long) One thing is, it looks freaking hugh for mitx otherwise it's great!

Not too flashy but not too plain either. Looks to have good fit and finish. Don't know about real life though)

I wish the price on these cases would go down a bit 150 for a mini-itx case is too steep for me. But I love the case, you can put a decent graphics card in and air flow looks decent, and I believe 200mm is long enough for a atx power supply is it?

Looks like this could have been added to the Cubitek Mini Tank thread we already have going.

Looking forward to seeing this cane in the wild though just the same.

atleast it's like an update.. cause before the cubitek website didnt show the details about the mini tank.. wonder when it'll be available for purchase. I may consider getting one.

I wish the price on these cases would go down a bit 150 for a mini-itx case is too steep for me. But I love the case, you can put a decent graphics card in and air flow looks decent, and I believe 200mm is long enough for a atx power supply is it?

yep. Long enough for a decently sized PSU :)

it would be nice to be able to pop a 120.2 rad in there without sacrificing drive bays or having to mod the front for a 2nd fan. but If you could survive on a single 120 rad. a ddc pump in a single bay res would make this one of the better mitx WC rigs out there

Nice, aluminum, kind of big for a mini ITX, but the Li people need some competition.

That looks absolutely hideous... Nice overall layout of components, but god awful exterior.

i also think this case is hideous.. where would you fit the rad if internally wc'd? on the rear 120mm fan for a single 120? that would be the only logical place for me.

Remove the drive bays and you could use front and back
Posted via Mobile Device

Exterior design is horrible. Interior design reminds me of the Alexer MC3 Supremer 2nd Age by WiNDy.

15ga3xz.jpg

Lian Li needs to do something with the interior design of this case, then it would be perfect!

Exterior design is horrible. Interior design reminds me of the Alexer MC3 Supremer 2nd Age by WiNDy.

15ga3xz.jpg

Lian Li needs to do something with the interior design of this case, then it would be perfect!

I have always admired the layout of that windy.. I However dont admire the price tag..

Overall I dont care for the aesthetics, But I am very much a function over form kinda guy. So to get the extra space & still maintain an overall small mini tower I would deal with the aesthetics. This is of course I dont go mATX before a new mITX build is in the works (wouldn't be until bulldozer is available).

After having couple of glasses of wine, I thought about modding this case for MATX mobo. Wish someone/company sponsor me this case for me to mod. :) Of course understanding that it will take a while to finish :) I think this case is perfect for air cooled MATX conversion.

After having couple of glasses of wine, I thought about modding this case for MATX mobo. Wish someone/company sponsor me this case for me to mod. :) Of course understanding that it will take a while to finish :) I think this case is perfect for air cooled MATX conversion.

Uhmm... No.. You would have to cut the case in half down the center & make it wider to fit a matx mobo.. otherwise if you tried standing the mobo upright you would run out of space really quick for cooler & expansion cards.

Hard to tell without actual case but it looks somewhat easy. Gut out internals, sheet of aluminum to mount mobo vertically and another sheet of aluminum to make back side which seems to be held together with rivet.

And you still get to keep front and top 140mm and 120mm back fan.

I can't buy this case to make one as I have too many cases already(which I need to sell some) other wise, I would buy this case just to convert it to take MATX mobo. :) Could out to be one of shortest MATX case. :)

After re-evualuating the dimensions I have to admit it does seem like it would be possible if you used a pico PSU. I Dont think there would be enough room otherwise to fit the PSU anywhere else since the motherboard would not be on the edge due to the inset top & bottom..

If mod it vertically, I think it will still have enough to mount PSU vertically next to PCIe slots.

Also, it looks like even though it's going to be very tight fit, you can mount MATX mobo horizontally on it's original location after modding back side.

Wow, that's a really easy internal layout to work with. It's kind of big though... Let's see.

Tank:
  • Width 256mm
  • Height 320mm
  • Depth 400mm
Lan Gear Infinity:
  • Width 236mm
  • Height 151mm
  • Depth 300mm
Quite a bit bigger. Need to see some reviews of these two!

mnpctech recently received an email from cubitek about their new cases. Cubitek will be selling now in Europe and Australia and soon in various Asian countries. U.S.A still pending.

I'll just cut and paste what I said in the other thread to this one since my opinion hasn't changed.

'Interesting. Nice looking case. I'm not sure I'd want it for an ITX gaming build though due to its size but with video cards being so long these days even with ITX its hard not to need a bigger case to house and run them. Now for the ITX HTPC only crowd you can go much smaller on the cases. This one would probably be too big for such use.'

that this is freaking huge for a mITX case

I've got my gaming rig in a sugo-06

Holy cr@p that's a huge mITX case. I don't see the point when it's already as big as a mATX case.

Looks pretty hot for a home server, 7 drives(*) (plus(?) 4 2.5") fit in it. Then again, you can get as many in the q08 and it's a bit smaller.

* Utilizing 5.25 bays for 3x3.5 bay.

Looks pretty hot for a home server, 7 drives(*) (plus(?) 4 2.5") fit in it. Then again, you can get as many in the q08 and it's a bit smaller.

* Utilizing 5.25 bays for 3x3.5 bay.

and I put 6x 3.5" drives and 2x 2.5" drives in my sugo-06 ;)

A good idea but like so many "small form factor" cases these days, far too big. The footprint and volume put it squarely in amongst the microATX cases, and even then, cases like the TJ08/NZXT Vulcan and even the V350/351 are a good chunk smaller. :(

Pity as I don't think it's a bad looker.

I would say I was infatuated with the looks @ first glance. However now that I get a closer look to how big this bird is, I would say I would have to pass.

Hmmm. I like it quite a bit. Not sure i'd fork out $150 for it though. $100-$120 certainly. Meh who am I kidding? I'd probably break off $150 for it. My mind is spinning with mod potential.

I want to know whats on the right side panel behind the buttons. Is that all open SCREAMING for a 240mm length radiator?

I'd have to agree with the majority here, when i first saw it I thought. "Is this mitx or matx". Id say it would be good for a small server or something.

Wow I hope this trend towards smaller PC's continues. I'm pretty tired of looking at my gigantic Antec 1200 taking up my entire desk.

Back