Mini LED Flashlight, Black for $1.99 Free Shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing what type of LED that is, it's hard to gauge whether its a hot deal. If its what I think it is (due to size and shape) it's a kinda sorta warm at best deal, and that's with the 5mm LEDs inside of it. Now if this is one of those with the high power Cree LEDs then you probably have yourself a smoking hot deal.

For those not wanting to buy online, if you have a Big Lots anywhere near you they have these in a 2-pack for $5... and in various colors (black, metallic blue, metallic red, silver)

These are powered by 3 AAA batteries, have nine 5mm white LEDs, and are rediculously bright for such a small package. The body is tough aluminum and the power switch is a big rubber clicky thumb switch on the ass end of the flashlight. About my only complaint is that the 'lens' is such thin plastic that it warps... anything thinner and it could be called cellophane. But hell, it's a $5 flashlight and probably tougher than most due to the use of LEDs.

I'm thinking about taking one of these apart and replacing the white LEDs with UV LEDs since I have a billion of them left over from a surplus purchase a few years ago...

These are pretty dim. I got a 2 pack of 3w Cree LED flashlights at Costco for $20. Yes, it's 10x the price for 2x the amount of flashlights (so 5x the unit price), but they are actually usefully bright. Quite bright, actually.

This should be fine for close-up stuff like working on computers, though. Don't bother buying one to leave in your car or something because it's too dim for that.

not bad, i bought one. i can always spare $1.99. thanks for the link bro

Note:You must be a member(requires signing up)in order for that code to work.
Also as stated above.That code work is good for $10 off of your purchase.

For those not wanting to buy online, if you have a Big Lots anywhere near you they have these in a 2-pack for $5... and in various colors (black, metallic blue, metallic red, silver)

These are powered by 3 AAA batteries, have nine 5mm white LEDs, and are rediculously bright for such a small package. The body is tough aluminum and the power switch is a big rubber clicky thumb switch on the ass end of the flashlight. About my only complaint is that the 'lens' is such thin plastic that it warps... anything thinner and it could be called cellophane. But hell, it's a $5 flashlight and probably tougher than most due to the use of LEDs.

I'm thinking about taking one of these apart and replacing the white LEDs with UV LEDs since I have a billion of them left over from a surplus purchase a few years ago...

The ones you're talking about must be different from these ones. Because these ones don't have a button; they turn on and off by twisting it, according to the description. Maybe those Big Lots ones are better, then, since dandragonrage says these ones are dim...

The ones you're talking about must be different from these ones. Because these ones don't have a button; they turn on and off by twisting it, according to the description. Maybe those Big Lots ones are better, then, since dandragonrage says these ones are dim...

Yeah I noticed that when I read the description. These look identical otherwise... but they are bright as hell. So much so that it hurts to look at them dead on...

I'd say they are quite a bit brighter than your typical 2-D cell hardware store flashlight.

Yeah I noticed that when I read the description. These look identical otherwise... but they are bright as hell. So much so that it hurts to look at them dead on...

I'd say they are quite a bit brighter than your typical 2-D cell hardware store flashlight.

I don't think so... not at all... minimum LED flashlight, IMO, is a 1w Cree/Luxeon Star. 3w+ is where it's at.

I got a pair of those. The are bright enough but man the battery life sucks.

I bought one one in the OP as well just to compare. Two bucks for my curiosity. :)

I got a pair of those. The are bright enough but man the battery life sucks.

I bought one one in the OP as well just to compare. Two bucks for my curiosity. :)

Let us know when you get it how they compare! I'd like to know too :)

Whoa nice! What store is that?? It doesn't even say on the coupon. I don't know what Harbor Freight is lol... that's a store?
You had two and a half chances to answer your own question (or to prevent having the question in the first place).

1) He posted the name
2) The URL consists of the name
2.5) Cut off the last part of the URL and visit harborfreightusa.com.

I got the flashlight today and its probably not the best deal in the world because there are no batteries installed. Usuallly when you buy these at the store they come with batteries.:confused:

I got the flashlight today and its probably not the best deal in the world because there are no batteries installed. Usuallly when you buy these at the store they come with batteries.:confused:

IMO, that's probably a good thing. My experience with these lights is they tend to have some 3rd world off brand Chinese made battery in them, sit on a shelf for unknown quantity of time, usually the battery leaks, corrodes the contacts, you have to spend a little bit of time to remove the build up.

Go to Costco, you get like 50 AAA batteries for $10 or something

Deal is dead.......

Harbor Frieight's freeby LED flashlight it a better deal anyway unless you don't have one nearby. The closest one to be is about 20 miles away but I just keep a coupon in my console so when I get up that way I'm ready. :cool:

i came in here to post that too. I was kinda bummed that there were no batteries..not because i am cheap..but because that means i gotta remember to buy some the next time i'm at the store. Either way, it's a cool little flashlight that was 2.00 bucks, free shipping.

it's not about the flashlight..it's about getting a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back