Mini LCD Display to show only system stats?

randomone

n00b
Hi all, I currently have a Logitech G15 keyboard which has a little ~4x1" lcd screen on it. I have it display my PC's current volume, cpu usage, graphics card temps, network in/out etc. However I'm looking to switch to a mechanical keyboard so I won't have that handy little screen built into the keyboard any more.

What options are there for standalone little LCD screens (probably USB connection) used only to display current system info?

So far I've run across "LCDsysinfo for GOverlay" which is a 2.8" screen that has its own software. Its a color screen and looks pretty decent, but I can't find much about it as far as reviews, stability, Windows 7 compatibility and how safe the software might be to run. It also only seems to be sold through a single eBay auction, from Hong Kong...

The other thing I've considered is using an android app called iDisplay and my old Nexus 7 tablet, but it seems like that basically makes the nexus into a tiny new windows desktop monitor. I'm not sure what program I might be able to put on that screen to show system stats in a nice looking way?

Any thoughts on these or other options that people use?

You could always just use a second LCD of any type/size to display the information you want. You could of course use it for anything else as well such as a browser etc.. I'm sure there are small cheap LCDs available that would fit this purpose if you didn't want another full size display. But really a second monitor works so well for so many purposes including everything you are looking for.

I do have multiple monitors, but always liked the idea of having a static usb screen. I'll often have various windows open on the other monitors even while gaming on the main monitor and that would cover up any stats...so thats not really ideal for what I'm looking for.

However, for a temporary option, what programs might be recommended to display all sorts of system stats (temps, fan speeds, volume, network, time, etc) in a visually pleasing way?

I'd still ideally be looking for a separate USB lcd screen I think.

How about a cheapie tablet plus Roccat's Power Grid? http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/

While I use this combo for playing Elite Dangerous, the Power Grid does have a tab that shows system usage and other useful tabs.

Hmm, thats very interesting. I've got it set up on my old smartphone and its pretty nice. The only things its missing are graphics card temps (and fan speed would be nice) and I wish there was a CPU usage history graph.

Also it apparently only works in portrait orientation, you can't rotate the screen for landscape. My tablet dock is landscape mode so that doesn't work.

Just wanted to bump this in case anyone else has any ideas. I do like the idea of using my old android tablet or smartphone like with the roccat power grid, but that program is just a little too limited. It looks like Roccat stopped updating it over a year ago too, so I don't expect any new features. Sad because its so very close--its free, but I'd be willing to pay for an android app that can display the whole range of system stats.

Current volume, time/date, cpu usage with recent history graph, ram usage, net up/down usage with history graph, gpu temp, gpu fan speed. That about covers it

The other thing I came across for displaying stats on the desktop is Rainmeter. But I'm having a hard time finding decent skins for it...I've been sifting through customize.org and deviantart but most of them are pretty bad. any specific skin recommendations?

Well, looks like they will implement landscape mode based on those screenshots of roccat "swarm"

I hope they just expand the features a bit. GPU monitoring should be a major requirement since gamers are the only people who will want to use this app.

The more options the better imo :) I'd definitely pay a few bucks for a perfect solution with all the above mentioned monitoring abilities

Back