Mini-itx for 1155 that is still available - Help

holinger

Limp Gawd
Hi,

To keep a long story short I am moving my current computer into a mini-itx case because I move it so often. The problem I am having is I can't find any recommended mini-itx 1155 boards that are still available.

Here is what I currently have
Corsair 250d
i5-3570k
h100i
nvidia gtx 660
2x4GB 240-pin ddr3 sdram 1600
corsair tx650m

I use my system to play all kinds of games, many of them new.
The only overclocking I do is a little bit to the cpu.
Wifi is a plus but not a requirement. If it doesn't have wifi I will be adding it externally
My budget is whatever it takes to meet my requirements. As you have probably noticed I am not knowledgeable at all on this topic. I just want whatever it is I need to be able to play my games without any problems.

Please check the major online retailers to see if they have your suggestion in stock. I found tons of recommendations when searching but most places seem to only carry a select few for 1155. I do not have any retailers near me.

Thank you! Hopefully I posted in the right forum and met all the requirements

Thanks!

This seems to be a higher end board. What advantages do I get from this that I wouldn't from a cheaper one?

Thanks!

This seems to be a higher end board. What advantages do I get from this that I wouldn't from a cheaper one?

It depends on brand, but usually the ASUS Deluxe boards gives you a few better features.. better audio chipset, the Digi power daughterboard, built-in wi-fi/bluetooth module. It's Z77, so it also includes features suited to overclocking your unlocked CPU.

On the other hand, Newegg has exactly one 1155 ITX board in-stock.. the EVGA Stinger, I think. It's a few bucks cheaper and has horrible reviews. As you found out, there's really not too much left to choose from (and there was really never a large selection of 1155 ITX boards to begin with).. so your call ;)

Back