Mini-ITX Board that supports IOMMU

kronik8

Limp Gawd
AMD?

I installed an A75M-ITX from AsRock and everything is great about the board.. except it doesn't passthrough. I should have been paying more attention. Rage.

Last edited:
Nada? Doesn't have to be AMD.. don't see any high-quality options besides the Intel boards.

I don't think their are any AMD motherboards that are min-ITX that support this :(

Last I looked there wasn't even an mATX board supporting passthrough from AMD, quick look at newegg confirms. With AMD you want 890FX or any 9 series chipset. With Intel Q67 boards are officially supported and there are options from actual Intel in mITX form. Unofficially some board makers with other chipsets have the option in the BIOS, whether it actually works is another matter.

Last I looked there wasn't even an mATX board supporting passthrough from AMD, quick look at newegg confirms. With AMD you want 890FX or any 9 series chipset. With Intel Q67 boards are officially supported and there are options from actual Intel in mITX form. Unofficially some board makers with other chipsets have the option in the BIOS, whether it actually works is another matter.

+1.
I looked a while back and nothing. They barely have any ITX motherboards, I would look to intel if you need that small of a form factor.

I have ESXi 5.1 running on an Asrock FM2A85X-ITX. BIOS version 1.40 adds IOMMU support. I have VMs running 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, NexentaStor CE, and Linux Mint.

FM2 boards support IOMMU on a hardware level. Some of them might require a BIOS update to enable it.

I don't think their are any AMD motherboards that are min-ITX that support this :(

I haven't seen one either.

Generally, It's easier to find AMD consumer motherboards that support IOMMU than it is to find Intel consumer motherboards that support VT-D, but add in the Mini-ITX requirement and it gets tough...

Guys? The Asrock FM2A85X-ITX was mentioned like 5 posts back. It is an AMD board. It is ITX form-factor. It supports IOMMU with a BIOS update. Any board with an FM2 socket has this capability, but some may not enable it in the stock BIOS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157357

Back