Mini integrated wireless, or external usb adapter

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
I previously purchased a wireless usb adapter, the Linksys WUSB54, seen here http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WUSB54G-Wireless-G-USB-Adapter/dp/B00009X6PH, it is the Linksys WUSB54G for use with another computer seen here, but i've since sold that one and decided to buy a mac mini, the old one with a 1.66Ghz core duo, 512MB ram.

I know that it comes with 802.11g wireless, but I was just wondering since the external one is well, external and higher above the ground, which one would give me a better signal. BTW this is going to be used in a carputer application where the mini is on the floor under the seat, and the usb adapter would be on the back of the headrest.

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My mother has the last generation G4 mini. The router is at the other end of their house (roughly 3,000 sqr. foot, plaster walls) and the mini has Fair to Good signal strength.

In all of the Apples I've used, their Airport Extreme cards have good signal quality and throughput. Try using it with the built in wireless first. If it doesn't work very well, you can always connect the USB card.

Back