Minecraft to Officially Launch 11/11/11

Wow, thats more than 6 months from now ! I already have minecraft, but i want to see the updates that final release bring.

it really is a shame that this is coded in java, or coded poorly I should say. I hear it won't even start on a netbook.

Having never played the game and no desire to. People are buying a beta? Now that's some funny shit, lol.

Sorry I just had to laugh, lol.

it wont start if you dont have enough ram, when running windows 7 or vista you have to have at least 2GB otherwise it wont start, if your running xp on 1GB ram, it may start,but im not sure.

Here is what is coming in the next version [not the final release, just 1.5]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnpzgr8vQY

Weather effects, achievements, and stats.

I hate stats in games. As soon as you add them to games they become "competitive" and deadly serious, and lose lots of the non caring fun. People have to make everything count and will grind and do boring things to make themselves seem like "hardcore gamers" or whatever.

Acheivements give games a bit more longevity if done right, but minecraft is addictive anyway :D

The weather effects are long overdue!

NVM my last comment, not sure what I was thinking on that one.
Sorry.

NVM my last comment, not sure what I was thinking on that one.
Sorry.

I know where that came from though. I have bought several games where I paid for the first edition, and then a year later they bring out the exact same game now with extra content and features, yet have left the original game to die, when simple patching could have simply converted it into the full featured game. :(

Eg.

Mount and blade,
Blood Bowl,
Left 4 Dead.

Having never played the game and no desire to. People are buying a beta? Now that's some funny shit, lol.

I think the difference is that people are choosing to pay for a game in beta because it's that good. Normally when you hear "paying for beta" it's in the context of a retail release of a new mmo that wasn't read for launch :)

Yeah I bought this game immediately after playing the minecraft classic free game. It made me feel the excitement that only distinctly great games can produce.

EA lives on this business model. Release crap and let the public beta test it so they know what to patch.

Yeah right this game is done in 6 months

Ever since the OCT release this game is the only piece of coded software I've ever run on my PC that has the ability to either:

A) Bring it too its knee's till it goes into a endless loop bug, and makes the system so sluggish I need to hit the reset button on my PC

B) Randomly restart my PC, no BSoD, the crash happens in the code at the hardware layer, which is past the kernal, so the system has no choice but to restart, the worst part of that being since the code that's causing the crash happens at the hardware layer, windows can't generate a error report about the whole mess

Yeah right this game is done in 6 months

Ever since the OCT release this game is the only piece of coded software I've ever run on my PC that has the ability to either:

A) Bring it too its knee's till it goes into a endless loop bug, and makes the system so sluggish I need to hit the reset button on my PC

B) Randomly restart my PC, no BSoD, the crash happens in the code at the hardware layer, which is past the kernal, so the system has no choice but to restart, the worst part of that being since the code that's causing the crash happens at the hardware layer, windows can't generate a error report about the whole mess

They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Sounds like you need to get a new rig and stop using a circa 1998 PC. "Randomly restart my PC, no BSoD, the crash happens in the code at the hardware layer, which is past the kernal, so the system has no choice but to restart"

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Kernel related crashes ALWAYS result in a BSoD, even if the BSoD only flashes for a second.

the crash happens in the code at the hardware layer, which is past the kernal, so the system has no choice but to restart, the worst part of that being since the code that's causing the crash happens at the hardware layer, windows can't generate a error report about the whole mess

lolwut?

It is great besides the fact it is Java. The requirements to run a minecraft server due to it being Java is ridiculous.

true the game requires a pretty strong computer to run well.

my main rig of course runs it great. my ion netbook will play it jerkily/laggy and my work computer will barely run it.

Bad launch date.. co-insides with ElderScrolls 5: Skyrim...If i had to make a choice, I'm siding with team Bethesda...

Can someone remind me what's so great about this game? Grid-based, can build all sorts of shit. So what?

Can someone remind me what's so great about this game? Grid-based, can build all sorts of shit. So what?

So it's fun, but obviously not for everyone. MC is pretty polarizing, either you really like it or you really don't. If you don't then no harm done, plenty of other games to play.

Then I guess you don't really know what you're talking about, having not played the game, right?

:rolleyes:

Also, you're not quite paying for the beta. You're really paying for the final version, and getting access to the beta. Slight difference.

Whats so great about this game???

the same thing that was so great about a bunch of plastic blocks that you could stack on top of each other

It's like LEGOs for adults. The world has a set of rules that are slightly complex at first, but become simple over time. It turns you loose to do whatever the hell you want. Mostly though you are exploring, building a fort, or both. It requires you to think and plan out what you are going to do, and then it throws snags in the way of unanticipated terrain changes and baddies.

the same thing that was so great about a bunch of plastic blocks that you could stack on top of each other

It's like LEGOs for adults. The world has a set of rules that are slightly complex at first, but become simple over time. It turns you loose to do whatever the hell you want. Mostly though you are exploring, building a fort, or both. It requires you to think and plan out what you are going to do, and then it throws snags in the way of unanticipated terrain changes and baddies.

Good explanation. I messed with the free classic for a while. It was fun.....you can do a lot more with the beta though.

Also:
Please note that when you buy the game, you're paying for the game as it is right now!
You will also get the full version of Minecraft when it is released.

Then I guess you don't really know what you're talking about, having not played the game, right?

I guess you didn't bother to read a couple of post down from that one? The one where I said "NVM my last comment, not sure what I was thinking on that one.
Sorry."
Plus I don't need to play the game to know that people have pre ordered it while it's still in beta.

it really is a shame that this is coded in java, or coded poorly I should say. I hear it won't even start on a netbook.

I love it when people release FUD as fact when they have never even tried it for themselves, and then cover their asses by some inane comment like "or that's what I heard anyway." How is it coded poorly? What exactly is it about it that is poor and makes it not work on a Netbook? $100 says you couldn't have answered that question in detail when you made those comments.

Anyway, I've played Minecraft on every system I could get access to and it works great, and without issue.

And this is vastly different than most games... how? :p

The game isn't that demanding... I can play on my laptop with integrated graphics.

If you had bought it in Alpha you got it for $10
if you buy it in beta you get it for $15
if you wait for final release you'll get it for $20

The game is no different then any other MMORPG, it never ends. The mods for the game are almost never ending, you can honestly think of MC as a sand box game editor. When you play or run a server you can literally make it anything you want, creative where you have giant 8-bit characters or things that the real world would never see. Add mods, now you have quests, levels, items and dungeons to run.

The game hasn't or won't change much from beta to final. It's just the way the game is, the game has been done for a while already. Yes they are adding features with every patch that most people might see as oh it's not done if they keep having to add things. No, I see that as the game is still being supported, and most likely won't change even after it's released. I think the only reason they are "finalizing it" is because there are people out there that won't buy a game while in beta.

the [H] community server is running well, we have over 50 [H] members on our list of players. Also for those that say the game is a resource hog, our server runs on an Atom net top box on a residential internet connection, I reset it once a week just for the hell of it. It's not that demanding of a game, if someone is having problems running it, then there are underlining problems besides minecraft.

[UPS] Sorce;1037099092 said:
And this is vastly different than most games... how? :p
I'll tell you also, try reading what I posted about 4 posts down from that one you quoted, lol.

wow

Minecraft to release officially..... same day as Skyrim!!!!!!!

It is great besides the fact it is Java. The requirements to run a minecraft server due to it being Java is ridiculous.

Say what? Tell that to my 13 yr old son who runs one on his local desktop in the background (we do some multiplayer) while playing Assassin's Creed, Spore, etc. without any degradation. (2.4Ghz Q6600 with 8GB + GTX 460 Perhaps your PC is the problem (?))

I mine and explore and he drops by from time to time to tell me what I'm doing wrong ("no dad, hold SHIFT while you're moving around lava so you won't fall in next time!")

Back