Minecraft + Lego = Best Game Ever?

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
Since I was 5 I've dreamed of a virtual Lego game, where one could create a world with unlimited blocks.

I recently tried the demo of Minecraft, and find it gets kinda close, but it just struck me how amazing a game would be that combines these two, to have the flexibility of Lego and the community/creativity of Minecraft. Of course, when they make Minecraft 2 it might get closer to this, who knows...

What I'd REALY like to see:
- 2 modes: Lego-Person scale and Human scale, imagine making human-scale replicas of buildings and towns!!!
- Group-able object assemblies for easier/faster construction, like pre-fab stuff
- 3D scanner integration to more quickly create human-scale replicas of real-world objects
- 3D conversion from other popular software
- Physics and all the Lego Technic stuff
- All blocks from Lego, or at least the most used ones (obviously not all the movie/tv themed ones)
- Story modes that would be much like the Lego-themed games, a mature FPS would be very welcome too!!!
- Maybe borrow some elements from Second Life like a huge connected overworld and some RPG-ish stuff from Elderscolls series

I realize the technology is not quite there to realize this to my exact standards (oh, it would have to look/perform a million times better then minecraft, lol) , and just playing with Legos in real life is best... I'm just having a girly nerd breakdown here and want it NOW!!!

Last edited:
I think they kinda tried to do this with Blockland but it wasn't that robust.

I've been wanting for a LEGO game like this for a long time.

I love Legos.
But I still don't "get" Minecraft. Maybe it's because I haven't sunk hundreds of hours into it, but I just don't see what the big deal is. :confused:

LEGO doesn't do this because (they think) it would impact sales of their overpriced physical blocks.

Much the same way we can't have a decent Warhammer game since Games Workshop makes so much money selling the figurines for the tabletop game.

no, considering minecraft might quite be the most boring 'game'(and by what definition its a game i still dont get), in the history of games.

LEGO doesn't do this because (they think) it would impact sales of their overpriced physical blocks.

Much the same way we can't have a decent Warhammer game since Games Workshop makes so much money selling the figurines for the tabletop game.

What, other than the MMO, wasnt a decent, let alone superb warhammer game?

no, considering minecraft might quite be the most boring 'game'(and by what definition its a game i still dont get), in the history of games.

just because there is no set goals doesn't mean its not a game. The best part about Minecraft is building things on a massive scale as a community. take a look at westeros craft. they are making the entire game of thrones map in Minecraft. they have had 30+ people working on it for over a year it looks amazing.

Didn't lego try an MMO, that failed within a year?

personally, I like the lego themed video games, they are a blast. and I have spent more than few hours with their creator software, which is fun.

however the real appeal to lego is the physical connection, and video games aren't going to replace that

all the above requested features already exist in the current version of minecraft through mods. all that's really missing is a lego block skin, which now that you mention it is kind of shocking to me there isn't already a really popular one, at least not that I know of. not sure if this is because of legal reasons or just no one took the time to make it, this gives me an idea...

look into FTB if you want technic like automation, machinery, production lines, etc. and yes, model/human block scaling exists as well, not part of this pack but you can find such a mod in the forums, called micro-blocks or something if I remember right.

Nimisys;1039672994]Didn't lego try an MMO, that failed within a year? Yes and my son had to have it :( That was a wasted $50+

I love minecraft, but I don't think I'd call it a game. A game implies a set goal (which you can loosely argue exists with The End). Minecraft, to me, is no more of a game than Paint or Gimp. It's a tool to create stuff. What's fun about it is pushing the limits of what you can make in the game with "just blocks".

I think the Zero Punctuation review hit it right on. It's for people that can find intrinsic motivation and goals, rather than needing them provided externally.

Also, playing it alone is REALLY boring. If you're not playing with friends or at least other people, it will get old fast.

OP, all of the things you list, except for maybe the 2nd Life stuff, exist with mods. Tekkit sounds like it'd be right up your alley and there are quite a few story mods out there (my favorite so far is a Left 4 Dead/zombie one).

I know about the mods, and like I said it gets close to what I'm talking about, but the main thing is the block size, different shapes, the look, speed of construction and ability to create things not fixed to a grid, like rotating bits. I did find a Lego skin actually, it looks horrid.

Anyways, it's encouraging to see the mods, and there are some simply amazing looking maps (http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/caved-in-project-contest/leaderboard/), but it really speaks volumes to the potential of such a game if it were executed well.

Minecraft Open World
+
Garry's Mod building system
+
Crysis 1 Sandbox Physics
=
Most awesome building game ever

Minecraft Open World
+
+
Crysis 1 Sandbox Physics
=

Other than shooting trees in half, how does Crysis have Sandbox physics??

You could come over and play legos with me? ( iam 28 :D )

5b76a8e427dfaf4d2c7f4467271414dc7cb9f8717a59cc2fbf6ebe12fddbac726g.jpg

more pics

01 02 03 04

Minecraft Open World
+
+
Crysis 1 Sandbox Physics
=

Crysis does not in any way have sandbox physics.............................

Back