Minecraft For Xbox 360 Sales Hit One Million

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft's PR peeps sent out a press release today that says the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft has hit the 1,000,000 mark in just 5 days. At $20 a pop, Notch has to be thrilled to death. Wow! :eek:

Microsoft today announced that the smash hit “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition,” which launched on Wednesday May 9th as the final title in the “Microsoft Studios Presents: Arcade NEXT” program, has officially passed the one million units sold benchmark on Xbox LIVE Arcade. The game reached this number, and surpassed it, within a single week of the game’s launch.

While Notch will certainly make some bank from the success, the days of him being a one-man indie-developer reaping 100% of the financial rewards are long gone. The xbox version wasn't developed by Mojang, and would have had Microsoft's mitts on it too (the game is an xbox exclusive, so likely Microsoft paid money upfront to gain this exclusivity, and so are no doubt doing some profit sharing.)

I see the worst case scenario for Notch being ~$1.00 per sale (likely FAR higher), and given that the title will probably sit at the 1.5-2mil mark for final sales, he's probably estatic.

That being said, his next title is guaranteed to be "meh".

I never played the one on the PC and decided to see what the hype was about on the 360 and now realize how fun it is. If the 360 version is crap, the PC version must be out of this world. I honestly do not see why it is crap though. I found it to be very intuitive and a lot of fun to play around with. Is the reason why you think it is crap is because you do have admin or op permissions to be able to alter it in anyway?

worlds generated on 360 are limited to small 1024x1024 and 128 vert blocks and it runs like assbecause its a weak ass console for console noobs so they can play there pac mans or what ever it is the kids play now on the PC wanna be console. my xbox 360 only plays console games .

the PC i unlimted and not dumbed down and has mod support and extras.

Oh ans it controls like ass because of the suck ass analog stick and crap like that and you dont have the console noob xbox live crap to get in the way of you running what ever mine craft crap you want.

Case closed the xbox 360 version sucks balls and so does the android phone versions.

and iphone but anything on a apple product sucks balls anyway it's standard.

Ok, don't feel the need to dumb it down for us how you are feeling about it in any way.. Let us know how you really feel about it.. lol
Messing with you man, I decided to pick it up for the PC and it is better. I guess you can look at it this way though. The 360 version will be good for those people that are too paranoid to install Java on their system.

Back