Minecraft Dungeons

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Any picking up Minecraft Dungeons? Dropped this morning on all platforms.

Seems to be Diablo meets Minecraft.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/about-dungeons
https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/26/21270311/minecraft-dungeons-reviews-xbox-pc-switch-ps4

dungeons_screenshot_a.jpg

minecraft-dungeons-death-cap-ign-1586436525820.jpg

Been following for a while and watching Lupo play the last few days. Really looking forward to playing tonight.

I'm thinking its closer to something like Gauntlet than Diablo. Going to be real cool with a couple buddies.

Yeaaaaaaah seems they had a host of issues with their release. Heard certain instances whole directories were being wiped until a patch went out.

I'll give it a week to let the churn settle down. From what I hear it's a short game (7-9 hours), but the replay is there. Not sure if that will carry enough interest until the DLCs and updated content come out.

We ended up getting it to work if you join on someone who's successfully in logged into the game so got a lot of playtime in. Its pretty fun, the enchantments really make for some fun gameplay. Enjoying it so far.

Reminds me of Torchlight I. Kid is enjoying it thus far with none of the issues people have had (knock on wood)

Reminds me of Torchlight I. Kid is enjoying it thus far with none of the issues people have had (knock on wood)
My kid liked Torchlight I, both of us have not played Torchlight II. If you like Torchlight try the original game this is based on FATE.

Looks neat, but I want more than 4 and big open world so I can host a server and have friend build houses and go loot and kill bosses and stuff.

Looks neat, but I want more than 4 and big open world so I can host a server and have friend build houses and go loot and kill bosses and stuff.
That's not the game. RPG dungeon looting.. no building what so ever. Like Torchlight or Diablo.

Tried this one last night...I dunno...Doesn't seem very diablo-ish to me. I think if you're a minecraft fan go for it but I'd wait for a sale or play on the xbox app.

Tried this one last night...I dunno...Doesn't seem very diablo-ish to me. I think if you're a minecraft fan go for it but I'd wait for a sale or play on the xbox app.

I like to think of it as less Diablo and more Gauntlet, especially when you play with friends. If you give it more time and start diving into the enchantments you can come up with some crazy fun builds that just feel great to use.

Apparantly I've heard from people that it was way too short. There is also no mage class, and no petting the dog either ! :(

Apparantly I've heard from people that it was way too short. There is also no mage class, and no petting the dog either ! :(

There are no classes at all, you build your own class based on your weapon and armor enchantments as you level up and find your playstyle. Kinda neat, actually.

Learned the hard way that your character isn't saved in the cloud.

Oof.

Back