Milwaukee water cooling.

or put your rig on the edge of your desk. run the drain and t down into the psu shroud. with the drain pointed towards the side of the case. connect a extra piece of tubing. open the valve and hold the bucket :D done, i may have to tilt the case forward once or twice but it will usually drain completely this way. heres a rough pic of what i mean. 20181113_120240.jpg

or put your rig on the edge of your desk. run the drain and t down into the psu shroud. with the drain pointed towards the side of the case. connect a extra piece of tubing. open the valve and hold the bucket :D done, i may have to tilt the case forward once or twice but it will usually drain completely this way. heres a rough pic of what i mean.View attachment 119777
I can understand that, but i'm asking how to drain without a valve.

yank the lowest tube and hope for the best or buy a valve, your call. I guess you could un-cap the res and dump it into a bucket. although the rad is way low so it might not drain.

disconnect the cpu block and get your buddy to hold a bucket and some towels while you disconect one of the hoses and drain it into the bowl/bucket. i actually never used a drain because that is how i drained my loops with soft tubing haha.

sry i forgot your running a gpu only loop. just do the same as above but with your gpu.

Last edited:

Building a custom loop requires forethought. No ifs, ands or buts. You need to ask yourself questions like this one before you start cutting tubing.

But necessity is the father of invention :p

If you have soft tubing you may have the option of pulling the entire loop out in one piece if you designed it to be serviced in that manner (i.e. rad, res, cpu block all inside the PC case and no liquid-carrying parts outside of it. It is not a big deal to pull the blocks off your hot bits and unscrewing the rad from the fans.

Once you can do that you can lay all the parts on a table, and stick one of the blocks, say the CPU block complete with tubing into a bucket. Disconnect one of the hose connections on that block and watch the waterworks flow. You can move around things like rads and pump to drain all the coolant out.

Once you've reached this point you might want to invest in a tee connector, a few clamps, a valve and short piece of hose for future draining without semi-dismantling your loop. If you have a drain valve & hose, to use it I would refer to some common plumber's knowledge by opening the fill port at the top of the system to let some air in to displace the water going out, Otherwise it glugs out really slow when it has to come in the same hole the water is going out.

Now if you have gone the hard tube route - you are pretty much on your own to come up with some creative ways to drain it. Hard tubing is pretty much not gonna let you move the entire loop into or out of your system. So good luck with that if you haven't built in a drain.

Last edited:
Building a custom loop requires forethought. No ifs, ands or buts. You need to ask yourself questions like this one before you start cutting tubing.

But necessity is the father of invention :p

If you have soft tubing you may have the option of pulling the entire loop out in one piece if you designed it to be serviced in that manner (i.e. rad, res, cpu block all inside the PC case and no liquid-carrying parts outside of it. It is not a big deal to pull the blocks off your hot bits and unscrewing the rad from the fans.

Once you can do that you can lay all the parts on a table, and stick one of the blocks, say the CPU block complete with tubing into a bucket. Disconnect one of the hose connections on that block and watch the waterworks flow. You can move around things like rads and pump to drain all the coolant out.

Once you've reached this point you might want to invest in a tee connector, a few clamps, a valve and short piece of hose for future draining without semi-dismantling your loop. If you have a drain valve & hose, to use it I would refer to some common plumber's knowledge by opening the fill port at the top of the system to let some air in to displace the water going out, Otherwise it glugs out really slow when it has to come in the same hole the water is going out.

Now if you have gone the hard tube route - you are pretty much on your own to come up with some creative ways to drain it. Hard tubing is pretty much not gonna let you move the entire loop into or out of your system. So good luck with that if you haven't built in a drain.
Damn that's sounds like a plan but I have one tube going through a hole in my case to the bottom of the radiator.

thats cool, if your worried about getting your gpu wet. just unscrew it from the gpu block before you drain it. put towels over anything you may be concerned with getting wet and youll be golden ;)

Back